ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Huge claims, huge bhp, apparent trophy 172, gumtree special

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 182 trophy
Starting to feel a bit sorry for the guy tbh. Ok he false advertised and what not but like someone said before he was probably fed BS by K-tec or whatever. I'm back in Swansea tomorrow night so can have a look.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starting to feel a bit sorry for the guy tbh. Ok he false advertised and what not but like someone said before he was probably fed BS by K-tec or whatever. I'm back in Swansea tomorrow night so can have a look.

Me too. Its really not funny texting him like that. He obviously isnt lying, he either genuinely thinks that its got bits that it hasnt, like a forged crank or hes been told it has by the previous seller.
Anyway wiseco pistons is a good thing. Id say its a bargain,.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
We would all be gutted if it did have a pile load of goodies but yet no one can be ar$ed dealing with the guy cause he seems like a right tool

Im guessing his mate has this

$_12.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Evo
If he didn't know what he was selling why's he adjust all the brand names with ones that are actually relevant to clios? Me thinks he's put a half arsed ad up without doing any homework and trying his luck.

I mean how difficult is it to send a photo these days if they're 'right in front' of him? He knows he blagging.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH it is perfectly reasonable that he can put pictures on the advert but not text them.

Probably on a phone tariff that includes text messages but doesnt include picture messages.

Ask him to whatsapp them to you instead

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2

Me too. Its really not funny texting him like that. He obviously isnt lying, he either genuinely thinks that its got bits that it hasnt, like a forged crank or hes been told it has by the previous seller.
Anyway wiseco pistons is a good thing. Id say its a bargain,.

I feel sorry for the dude now, he clearly does not know what he's selling.

Confused as to why. He has changed his story several times, it's a ridiculous advert full of lies and he is not willing to send proof of anything re parts and fitting. Would you be saying the same if this was a thread posted by a member along the lines of "went to see this POS Clio and was mugged off"?

It doesn't take long to list what a car does and doesn't have over standard. Mainly because normal people (i.e. those not trying to rip off buyers) keep receipts and list them in the advert.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes because we are normal people.
To him he has done exactly that. Except he's a r****d and to normal people it looks like gibberish and lies.

I don't think us taking the piss is beneficial to his retardation.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
but how do you operate them with no opposable thumbs?

You'd have to ask someone from the valleys that question fella.
Most of them stare at the screen shouting "aaawww feeeckiiinelll like bhaaaat wassss rongssss wif ewww!"

Luckily I'm far from that neck of the woods so I have no issues communicating....unlike the buffoon that posted that add.

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
I don't think us taking the piss is beneficial to his retardation.

But he has changed the advert to include statements closer to the truth (i.e. the coilovers, what parts are forged etc), since this thread started and the piss taking started... So, in fact, we've provided potential buyers with a service.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Countryman JCW
Who's going to be the first to go and have a look round this car then and take some pictures of these receipts for the "so called" forged engine....

I have a sneaky feeling like a lot of people that this could turn out to be a very very cheap car with some nice bits on it...

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Pay me and I'll do it :clown:

I will pay you whatever is in my paypal account... about £6quid?

This thread is very amusing, however I now really want to know if its had the work done or the guy is talking out of his chocolate hole!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Had what work done?

Had a wiseco forged crank that doesnt exist fitted?

Paid 890 quid parts only for some vmaxx coilovers which actually cost under 400 quid brand new?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I know he is talking out of his arse with the majority of things like the coilovers, but if the pile of receipts exist for said work forged or not, it could actually be a decent car and a bargain with a bit of love. You never know the car might have had a great past before he bought it made it look awful.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I know he is talking out of his arse with the majority of things like the coilovers, but if the pile of receipts exist for said work forged or not, it could actually be a decent car and a bargain with a bit of love. You never know the car might have had a great past before he bought it made it look awful.

Agreed, just cause he is an idiot doesnt mean it hasnt had good money spent on it, it *might* be a decent car.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
Cars like this do sell, I had a chap who came and bought a few spares from me a while back and he genuinely believed his 172 Cup had well over 220bhp!!
It had an aftermarket exhaust, filter and a coilover kit... Hardly ''race spec'' , but he thought it was the fastest thing on the road, due to WILD claims, similar to these, by the previous owner. LOL

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Was this the reg on this invoice? Ktec just posted it saying it was a fake invoice.

1958322_677255715630531_1307513345_n.jpg