ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Tell What Clio Is What

Hello.

How can you tell what Clio is what?

The ones that say Sport on the back and look wider than my Dynamique 1.2 16v, are these 172s/182s?
How can you tell wat is a 172 and a 182?
Ive seen some 2.0 ltr 16 Vs are these 172s/182s? And are there such things as MK 2, phase 2 cups or were they the old shape Clios?
Oh I just dont know!
Thanks guys.

Mondeo STTDCI

172s and 182s have subtley different bumpers which are fully colour coded.

172s have distinticively different alloys (or had until they changed the alloys on the later dynamiques). Cups are easy to spot - turini alloys and limited edition blue (very few are silver).

182s have twin tail pipes so thats a piece of piss.

all 172s/182s are 2.0ltr 16v as per badge on the door trim.

Sport have rear disk brakes and 16 inches wheels (aassuming there the new shape one ie with triagular lights). However there not wider at the back the front is wider than other clio and lower but no wider

The 182 has twin exhaust pipes (the most obvious thing IMO)

The CUP doesnt have front washer
Cups arnt much quicker tha 172 just more racer ie different suspension wheels and lighter.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

172, 172 cups and 182 have the same bumpers i believe. The cups have small cup badges on them and come in blue and silver and are lighter by having less of the luxuries of the normal 172 i.e. dont have xenons. The 182 has dual exit exhaust at the back and the 172s have hidden ones.

The dyniamique range all have badges on the side saying what litre they are. The 1.2 16v only has 16v, while the badge saying 1.2 is the 1.2 8v model.

Cup is cheaper and lighter, therefore faster because it has a lower spec. ie. it has less standard equipment, no leather seats, no aircon etc.

I saw a 182 at Santapod yesterday and had to really look at it cuz i thought it was a cup with a twin exhaust. Only the wheels gave it away.

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 26 April 2004

All the Renault Sport cars are made in a different factory aint they?
Yep alongside the cup race cars and hand painted as well I belive. (well a robot doesnt spray them I mean.

all the renault sport cars ie the cup/172/182/megane 225 and v6 clio are made in a different factory from the rest of the renault range.

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 26 April 2004

I saw a 182 at Santapod yesterday and had to really look at it cuz i thought it was a cup with a twin exhaust. Only the wheels gave it away.
and the headlight washers! Hehe.

Im assuming the 182 has them, as it has Xenon lights!

talking about cups etc being wider than a normal clio....PMSL @ THAT theyre only 5mm wider on each side!! its pants innit....! weird how they look TONS wider innit

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Its only the offset on the wheels that are 5mm bigger, put cup wheels on a 172 and its got the same track..