ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retrofit Cruise Control in Clio MK3 - Anyone has done it?

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Hello,
I have a Clio 3 phase 2 1.5 Dci, Dynamique S

I would like to install Cruise Control on my car.
As far as the mechanic told me my car already has a pre-instalation (some wiring harness) for the Cruise control.

As anyone retrofited Cruise Control on a Clio?
Any info or tips on how to do this and proceed?

Thank you so much

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
If it's the same as the process on a MK2 then you will need the dashboard switch, the steering squib, wheel/airbag with buttons, clutch and brake pedal switches then may or may not need to configure it in Clip depending on how the car is setup (on the MK2 RS cars don't need config but non RS cars did)

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Thank you so much my friend, that's a huge help

Also some people talk about the need for an "Airbag Ribbon wiring" I can't find info on that, do you know what it is?

Thank you so much

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Thank you so much my friend, that's a huge help

Also some people talk about the need for an "Airbag Ribbon wiring" I can't find info on that, do you know what it is?

Thank you so much

That’s what Rsrowe quoted above fella.

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Thank you Martin,
I thought the Ribbon, at least by written descriptions, would be a ribbon wiring with multiple wires, I don't see ribbon looking wiring in the Squib.

But thank you, I will probably order that part

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Does anyone know if I buy the Complete Steering wheel (the cruise control model) if it already comes with the Squib installed as part of the complete steering wheel?

This is the one:

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 17.36.55.png

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Does anyone know if I buy the Complete Steering wheel (the cruise control model) if it already comes with the Squib installed as part of the complete steering wheel?

This is the one:

View attachment 1652361

Nope. You need the part I linked which attaches to the steering column itself.