ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get the best start when flooring it?

someone posted a video of a hillclimb/sprint start a while ago and i think they said they use 4-5k. it was very impressive anyway. it takes a lot of skill to effectively feather a clutch at those kind of rpms and, personally, happier using 2-3k on the odd occasion i might play with starts. there'll only be 10ths in it. what are the 1/4ml guys seeing in the first 64ft? mid 2s?

renault clio sport172
everyone is retarded! read the thread men he just wants to know the best ways to launch not how he dismantled a m3 or whatever it was! stay on topic

personally i tend to get the car rolling before i floor it, save tyres, saves clutch saves everything.... but a full on standing start i always got the best results by hovvering just below 3k and slipping the clutch the first few feet

you need to get a good sweetspot between forwards motion and tyre slip. Imagine you are trying to make ABS work in reverse lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
personally i just give it quick launch and once its starting to roll then hammer the throttle that way it doesnt spin in first as long as its dry (and thats with just under 190bhp and 160lb/ft!) im lazy so i keep ESP on for a launch its not like it affects it that much just enough to get the power down