ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

172 Ph2
2002 172 Monaco
Cambelt due in 1 year.
Will stick 12 months MOT on
Sadly a CAT D with small crease in boot floor.

Is it even worth getting the cambelt done?

Clio 172
An 02 reg 172 (iceberg) with fubbared engine, suspected timing slip but not had a chance to inspect damage. Done 101k with all the following mods done within the last 200 miles and a single track day. Recorded as a CAT D previously for a rear quarter shunt, was told no structural damage.

PMS shifter, full PMS exhaust system inc Sport CAT, DS2500 front pads and Brembo HC discs, with Renault rear discs and pads, new cup shocks and Cooksport springs, magnecor red leads. TD 1.2s with AD08s, camber bolts

The cambelt, water pump and dephaser were changed in May 2018.

Would it be better to strip the mods listed above and scrap the shell or try sell on here as a project? can’t be arsed selling off all other individual parts (bumpers etc). Not sure what the scrap value would be.

Wanting to get another higher spec ready prepped track 172 or 182 (5-6k) so will use the funds to invest in that.

Cheers for any advice ?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
An 02 reg 172 (iceberg) with fubbared engine, suspected timing slip but not had a chance to inspect damage. Done 101k with all the following mods done within the last 200 miles and a single track day. Recorded as a CAT D previously for a rear quarter shunt, was told no structural damage.

PMS shifter, full PMS exhaust system inc Sport CAT, DS2500 front pads and Brembo HC discs, with Renault rear discs and pads, new cup shocks and Cooksport springs, magnecor red leads. TD 1.2s with AD08s, camber bolts

Would it be better to strip the mods listed above and scrap the shell or try sell on here as a project? can’t be arsed selling off all other individual parts (bumpers etc). Not sure what the scrap value would be.

Wanting to get another higher spec ready prepped track 172 or 182 (5-6k) so will use the funds to invest in that.

Cheers for any advice ?

You'd get more back selling off the bits.
I'll take the PMS shifter off your hands ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers for any advice [emoji106]

Strip like a cheap hooker

I'll have the PMS shifter if it's cheap enough[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Track cars can take a while to sell, especially in the winter.
Come summer everyone will be smashing Clios around trackdays again, perhaps you could go to a few and leave a for sale sign in the car while you hammer round??

You might find someone unable to keep pace is interested in the car.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Good idea, but don't have the original air filter, I bought it with the oiled ktec one.

Should be able to pick up a stock airbox for very little, plenty of people bin them off and fit an induction kit so there will be loads sat around on shelves.

Land Rover
It’s very low mileage so that should make it worth more.
It’s not the best colour, but
I’d still say around £4,000 if the belts aren’t due and the bodywork is good (no dents scratches etc) and the interior is free from faults.

Clio 182
There is a tiny door ding and the usual nick on top of the rear wheel arch. I should probably get these fixed to reach the maximum.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
What's it worth post. On 113k miles, just had a years mot. Since I bought it has had belts/dephaser/water pump done and full service, new pads/fluid all round and Bremo HC front discs, both rear calipers replaced, new cup shocks and on Eibach springs. 4x P zero Nero with plenty of tread, new leads, plugs, coilpack and injectors cleaned. Ktec induction kit, Marc R battery cover, MS inlets, enlarged throttle body and new drivers side engine mount, evol dogbone, gearbox oil changed, ecu mapped by RenSport but not on a RR so guessing is a 98 Ron kinda thing.. no pops and bangs. Decat and Scorpion exhaust, still have Cat for Mots. Audi TT seats fitted on Jon Foz mounts and a decent Sony head unit with bluetooth, interior in good nick but standard otherwise. Body has some v small dings and dents but nowt major, some kerbing on alloys.
Apologies for long post but have put a fair bit of time and money into it so would appreciate your feedback! Thanks.

Attachments

• 20181207_044243.jpg
    20181207_044243.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • 20181207_044324.jpg
    20181207_044324.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • 20180913_144459.jpg
    20180913_144459.jpg
    930.1 KB · Views: 111

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What's it worth post. On 113k miles, just had a years mot. Since I bought it has had belts/dephaser/water pump done and full service, new pads/fluid all round and Bremo HC front discs, both rear calipers replaced, new cup shocks and on Eibach springs. 4x P zero Nero with plenty of tread, new leads, plugs, coilpack and injectors cleaned. Ktec induction kit, Marc R battery cover, MS inlets, enlarged throttle body and new drivers side engine mount, evol dogbone, gearbox oil changed, ecu mapped by RenSport but not on a RR so guessing is a 98 Ron kinda thing.. no pops and bangs. Decat and Scorpion exhaust, still have Cat for Mots. Audi TT seats fitted on Jon Foz mounts and a decent Sony head unit with bluetooth, interior in good nick but standard otherwise. Body has some v small dings and dents but nowt major, some kerbing on alloys.
Apologies for long post but have put a fair bit of time and money into it so would appreciate your feedback! Thanks.
Sounds like a well looked after car but anything over 100k and people seem to label it as high mileage, which is bolloks for the age of the car. I'd say somewhere between £2.5-3k.

Land Rover
Probably a bit more than that, l’d say £2500
As you’ve had the belts done.
But as l found out, you don’t get back what you’ve spent on these cars when you sell.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Could allways put it back to standard ISH. Get some dollar back that way.

Good luck when the time comes as you come across a decent chap and the car looks nice

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Could allways put it back to standard ISH. Get some dollar back that way.

Good luck when the time comes as you come across a decent chap and the car looks nice
It's not heavily modified though, just has lots of new parts on. There aren't that many cheap 182's on auto trader etc now si personally I think a well kept car should be worth £2k+ and low mileage ones £3k+. Facebook seems to think that all clios are equal and unless they have had £5k spent on them in the last week they aren't worth more than a grand! A few more years and the 1*2 will be out of reach to the paupers on there?

Land Rover
I hope so.

With regards to “investment” potential you want low mileage and no modifications.

But these cars are at the bottom of the depreciation curve now, any Clio 172/182 in good condition can only increase in value over time.

I don’t think they will go the way the R5 GT Turbo/ 205 GTi has, but l can see a time when a good 182 will be worth £5,000