ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Been a while when someone has asked for advice and not taken it.

If you have the money (clearly you have) and want to try a Clio 182 and have a nice ownership experience. Stop looking at those types of 'project' cars.

Just buy a nicer lower milage example and keep it mint.

Land Rover
Got offered a very good price on this one...perhaps buy it and get the belts done for £600 which would then stand me at £1800...then keep approx £2k to the side to make it immaculate as a little hobby over summer???

So then you’d have spent £3800 which is exactly what l want for mine.
Except that l’ve spent a lot more than £2,000 on it.
And it was a good one before l started.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
7k M3's you don't really find them so much anymore...

They go for that on copart!
You can if you want 100k+ mileage.

Mines on 150k and better than most others.
I have changed most rusty bits though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Been a while when someone has asked for advice and not taken it.

If you have the money (clearly you have) and want to try a Clio 182 and have a nice ownership experience. Stop looking at those types of 'project' cars.

Just buy a nicer lower milage example and keep it mint.

Fair point...i think that is probably most sensible way to approach it

What would you class as low mileage - less than 75k miles?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah 75k is probably below average now, anything under would probably add a premium. Beware the cambelt on thiow milers though. The black one linked earlier that was around 75k had the cambelt done on mileage in 2016 or 17, it's 72k OR 5 years for the belt! 7 years overdue was very lucky imo.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mines just clicked over 33k.

Did all the belts, pullies etc etc water pump was replaced too. The old one looked like new inside when removed!

Yours would be a car I'd go back too. Clio ownership.

Miles wise, anything below 80k ISH imo.
If you want the ownership to be good, good cars command a premium.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It could have been changed at least once before.
Could have, but the services and mileage were listed in the ad and it only said belts done at the 70odd k service?. Full service history, just not serviced right?. When I bought mine the seller said belts were done 30k ago so are good. They were 5 years old but he wouldn't have it they were due. I had to pick every tiny fault I could find to get a few quid off the price.

PH2 172
Could have, but the services and mileage were listed in the ad and it only said belts done at the 70odd k service?. Full service history, just not serviced right?. When I bought mine the seller said belts were done 30k ago so are good. They were 5 years old but he wouldn't have it they were due. I had to pick every tiny fault I could find to get a few quid off the price.

Was that the one at £4995 with the belts done a few hundred miles ago in 2018 by the Citroen dealer?

PH2 172
T

Yep that's the one. Lots of Renault stamps until the most important one???

Yes I did consider that slightly odd.

If you look at it a little deeper, it is not that sinister.

Dinnages are in Haywards Heath, East Sussex, and Wilmoths are in Uckfield, about 10 miles away.

If the Tech at Dinnages changed employers for more money, or a shorter journey to work, it is not inconceivable that the owner, having established a rapport

with said Tech, took it to where he now works.

One thing is for sure, the dealer in Southend did not take it for a belt service in Uckfield.

The actual details of historic service work are largely irrelevant, other than proving the oil has been changed regularly, in the same way that what tyres it had in

2011 is of little interest to any potential buyer.

Only information required is belts done 3 months ago ( as long as there is a proper invoice ) and it`s got 4 PS3`s.

Land Rover
The belts on mine were done three months ago at Birchdown (plus water pump and clutch) and it’s got four new PS3’s.
And it’s much cheaper than that one.

535d / t5 caravelle
im lost in here, whos is Darryls?

nice clio turbo for sale in the classifieds.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Mine was up for sale at the beginning of December for £2500, I'd had so much interest via here, and Facebook, but everyone was either miles away or not fully committed to actually buying a car it seemed in the lead up to Christmas. It went on eBay a few days after Christmas. Counted up the messages last Friday and across here, eBay, Facebook and gumtree, i'd had over 60 people message me about it, around 1900 views on eBay and 99 people watching. Strangely quite a few people messaged me asking about the belts being done, which was quite frustrating given that its clearly mentioned twice in the ad, and i'd probably gone overboard in the add with info (maybe the issue). A few low ball offers of '£1500 cash today' even when the car was up at £2.5k

I lowered the price to £2200 (£2300 on ebay) last friday, and it sold Sunday evening.

I really think it should have easily fetched £2500+, but the clock change seemed to put a few people off, and it's always harder selling cars around Christmas time

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I was tempted tbh.

Your advert was spot on imo, especially with the pics and in depth detail. iirc you have done that with previous cars?. And to get offers or be messed about would annoy me hugely.