ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you...

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
get rid of suncream from your paintwork? got a massive hand print where someone has touched the car.

Also

How can i get the top of the engine clean looks a bit dark and dirty?

Any help would be appriciated :) Thanks

Not a 320d
Engine - Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner, and various brushes to aggitate with. Go to halfrauds.

Suncream, you washed the car? Tar remover of some sort. Strong mix of all purpose cleaner perhaps.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
LOL yer washed the car, just a faint outline of white. Just want to be careful i dont damage the paintwork

Tar remover and harsh chemicals not required.

It's greasey, therefore just a simple wash with a decent shampoo should shift it. If not, something like a citrus wash (chem guys citrus) should do.

Not a 320d
Tar remover and harsh chemicals not required.

It's greasey, therefore just a simple wash with a decent shampoo should shift it. If not, something like a citrus wash (chem guys citrus) should do.

I figured he might not have that to hand. Id of thought a straight wash would remove it, if not some APC wont hurt.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Humm yer washed it several times its faint but can still see it. Defo suncream must be some strong suncream water resistant maybe. I will have another go at cleaning it with the autoglym shampoo

Surprised it's not shifting then with just a wash. In that case, it might be worth polishing that part of the car again and re-waxing it. Tar remover and sealent/wax strippers will strip large areas (obviously) at a fairly uncontrolled rate, meaning you might have to redo the entire car. Try a little Super Resin Polish to get rid of the marks, then re wax.