ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i fit a 172 interior into a Clio 1

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I know theres a couple of people whove done it, but is there a guide on here? I seen to remember something about using the rear seat covers on the existing cushions? What do you do with the fronts, drill the bolts on the 172 subframe?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I made the 19 leather guide. You need to speak to gaj16v (i think) hes got 172 leather in his valver....!

Hows the conversion going mate...?

honda accord 2.4 type s

The front seats will go onto the existing frames in the car, all you need to do is drill a couple of holes per side (this isnt a problem)

The backs are slightly more tricky!! What i did was strip the 172 interior off the frames (it just unzips and unties). Do the same with the original clio seats, so you have two frames and two sets of "seats". Place the 172 foam on the original clio frames and trim off any excess. Then carefully fit the covers back around them and secure. You now should have left the 172 seat frame and the cushions and covers from your original seats and i once fitted, a lovely new interior

Hope this helps, any questions just leave me a note on here, or refer to Adams fitting guide, which is basically the same

Good luck

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Thanks gaj, you make it sound so easy, it cant be any harder than a clutch cable or oil filter to fit though.

yup Billybhoy i got the ebay seats and they are excellent condition, gonna try and fit them tomorrow. Thought i might get them for a steal at £350, but the price rocketed in the last 4 minutes, there was no way i was missing out, i always wanted a mk2 interior as soon as i saw it.

Adams 16v - picking up the donor car on Saturday as long as everything is as it should be, so all systems go as soon as i got it. Its proven 200bhp so i know power isnt a problem. Ill be taking the BMC off tomorrow as well, seing as the car is off the road, so ill box it all up ready for you.

sorry mate that was my fault they rocketed! i was hoping to steal them last minute. how high were u going? i hope u r not wrecking them just so they fit. that is a waste