ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hood Scoops

Renault Clio 1.2L
Hi all,
I have seen Subaru Imprezas with hood scoops and on the roof.

I saw you could get them on any car, so I was wondering if anyone has done this and what it looks like?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Well worth it mate, ignore the haters. Fit it near your airbox and you will gain 10+ bhp easily.

Renault Clio 1.2L
Seems very mixed :S

That's why I made this picture to give people a rough idea of what it may look like.
clio scoops.png

It's not a great picture but gives a rough idea.
Willing to give it a go if people want me too :cool:

172 Cup, R34 GTR
I thought people had grown out of putting Imprezza scoops on others cars.

Please dont do it, it looks rubbish when its not required.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought people had grown out of putting Imprezza scoops on others cars.

Like some kind of engineering practical joke ?

Scoops on scoobs, FTW. Why the fcuk you would want one on your 1.2 Clio I'll never know :S

Also, FYI, it'll look like your car, with a scoop on the hood .. just incase you were still wondering.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Guys... Lay off. I now think it looks good buddy.

Do it. Do you have a progress thread? If not please make one. If you haven't done anything yet would be good to get peoples opinions on future work - so PhotoShop some more plans.

3M vinyl wrap is the choice for carbon wrapping iirc.

Absolutely pissing myself at the photoshop!!! Jared you had me in fits with wrapping it in carbon fibre to make it lighter!!!!

I'm not too keen on the idea mate tbh (and if I say no you know it must look bad....)

banther

ClioSport Club Member
As the CS authority on taste I think you should all pack it in.

OP its your car, you've obviously got PhotoShop skills so have a play about with the eBay designs, keep us updated and crack on.

I'm a little annoyed you've even asked for an opinion. You should have done it already.

Can't say anything Banther didn't say tbh.

It is your car but fair play would look awesome with it! NEED to wrap it in carbon fiber it does make it lighter, people who say the entire scoop needs to be made of it are just stupid!!
Go do it and keep us posted. looking forward to it.

Renault Clio 1.2L
Seems it's getting a little heated :S
I may give it a go, and if it doesn't look good take it off. :approve:
It just seemed no had done it so I was thinking "why not?" ;)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lol at putting a scoop on your clio to pretend you actually have power. WTF.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Seems it's getting a little heated :S I may give it a go, and if it doesn't look good take it off. :approve: It just seemed no had done it so I was thinking "why not?" ;)

ive never had a go on your mum, should I do it?

why not eh?

AG 200 cup
Seems it's getting a little heated :S
I may give it a go, and if it doesn't look good take it off. :approve:
It just seemed no had done it so I was thinking "why not?" ;)

Surely if you just take it off if you don't like it you will be left with a massive hole in your bonnet if your putting one on properly, or is the plan to just stick it on the top of the bonnet and not have it doing anything at all.

Renault Clio 1.2L
Stick it on top of the bonnet.
I don't feel comfortable at the moment to attempt to make holes in the bonnet ;)

Also thanks for the support Banther :D really good of you mate