ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hong Kong Clio Meet - AUG 2010

It was nice to meet many Clio owners in Hong Kong last weekend.
Wish we can get together with more Clio next time.

hkcliomeet.jpg

Not at All. Very rare! Basically, Renault is quite rare in HK.
That's why it was great to see other Clio :)

340i
Fantastic.. Looks like a good turn out, especially in a Country that has hardly any Renaults ;)

ITB BG 182
Looks like you had a great day out, good to see it happening in the land of jap cars with the frenchies.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Are all those personaly imports then? good pics :)

BG182FF
if i lived in hong kong again, i would have deffo turned up with my Clio!! great pics and turn out though!!

Nissan 350z
Awesome pictures hkka! So how does it work in HK, did you guys have to get these cars imported from UK/AUS or were these purchased through Renault outlets in HK? :)

No, they are all from Renault dealer in HK.
But they did very bad during the past 7 yrs after the dealership switched. Originally was with same dealer as Porsche.
But now, it is by a Singapore company who also own Volvo dealership.
However, u can order the new Megane RS.

We do have someone personally imported Clio 200 & Megane R26R(cost approx. £38,000)

Nissan 350z
£38,000! Sounds like you get ripped off doing that as the car is only £17,000 from new, your paying double its cost to get it imported. :dead:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
AP's look awesome!! Well done mate, could you not get the V6 boys to come out and play, i know of a couple in Hong Kong!

MKIII 138
£38k !

ffs you could get a really decent 2nd hand car over here or a brand new lotus evora for example

:(

feel sorry for you guys, in this global economy that you cant get a decent price on a normally other wise cheap car. there was a point where people were getting brand new meganesports for £14.5k ( ;) )

ive not seen the prices people are getting but the clio 200 must be avaliable over here for £14-£15k from a decent dealer

example .. £35k only 21k miles

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1917063.htm

not my personal choice but in terms of quality and performance you can see over here we have big depreciation on cars

V6, I am sure we can. Maybe next time. It was my first time to meet those Clio owners.
Will forward u the link of our discussion forum in HK, so that you can ask ur friend to take a look. thx!

Nissan 350z
Hkka is that an uprated engine mount i see in one of the pics? Do the tuning companies happily ship to HK? :)

Again, £38k Megane R26R is not from Renault dealer. It was personally imported by local car company.

If I spend £38k, I will rather get a brand new Impreza WRX STI at abt £28.2k.

Clio 200 (2009) was also personally imported by local car company. They are selling it at £21.5k. Crazy!!!

Hkka is that an uprated engine mount i see in one of the pics? Do the tuning companies happily ship to HK? :)

Yes, I think that is from Ktec. Ktec is famous for Clio owners here, they do send oversea (with no VAT). We do buy parts from them, or Ebay or from Taiwan.
But for normal stuffs like oil filter & spark-plug, of course we can buy anywhere. Parts from HK Renault dealer are quite expensive.
There are also a shop called "French Motor Part" or something like that. We can ask them to order too.

BTW, I know some owners did order custom made radiator, which is good!!! Will buy one if I need to replace.

The best item I like from other owner is the BBS black alloy!!! Awesome!!! Most of them use 15" alloy, becos tyre are much cheaper than 16". And more top summer tyre to choose from.

MKIII 138
Again, £38k Megane R26R is not from Renault dealer. It was personally imported by local car company.

If I spend £38k, I will rather get a brand new Impreza WRX STI at abt £28.2k.

r26r v common of garden Sti hatch no id rather get a R26R especially seen as you would be almost the only person in the whole country to own one ! a great feeling

I love the r26r too. But the price is way too high from that seller.
Maybe I should try to import one myself. Should be cheaper.

BTW, brand new Clio 172 was about £12.6k on 2001, 2002
(with the exchange rate now at £1GBP = $12.3HKD.)

It is very hard to see a 4 door Clio. Mostly are 172.

Turbos.
Nice pics!

I love HK, there are some very wealthy people over there! I have seen a guy's huge Ferrari collection, and also a couple of sad stories where supercars are just left completely unmaintained for years.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Awesome! More people turned up than we get at most of our meets, and Clio's are common as muck around here.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Cool.

I've seen a few supercar meetings in HK but never a group of Clios.