ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please... Clio Flooded :(

Just got back and cut a long story short we've had catastrophic floods.

Water has come right into the floor plan of my clio and possibly the engine as well :-(

Good news is, it starts, and its drying out. Bad news is obviously inside the carpets v wet done my best to mop it up.

Also the Xeon, the Front Left Xeon is out, was flickery at first but now its gone totally. Had a loook at the connections and seems ok, all the other lights (including fogs) are fine.

Anyone got any advice for everything, rekon i should leave car running with heaters on try dry more and hope light comes back!?

182 inside
i know what's wrong with your headlight. take the whole headlight out, remove the alloy voltage box that is fitted onto the underside of the unit. unscrew and open it, there will be water or damp inside and leave it in warm dry place for 24 hrs(get hairdryer on it if you like). put it all back and hey presto, should light everytime. Mine had water damage, had to resolder some joins on the electrical board(within unit) but saved me £150+vat from renault for a new one

Trophy #473
Nasty. I think your going to have to bite the bullet and strip the car to properly dry it out, its the best if not the only way.

Good news the xeon is back on.. magic ;)

No engine lights problems so issue really is with the carpets and the water, left heaters on for time being. Luckily it was fairly cleanish water so its not muddy at all inside, and doesnt smell....

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i will start to smell if you dont strip the carpets out and dry them thoroughly both sides.

182 inside
trust me, you need to do what i said or you will have rusting. imagine your computer sitting in water. what's the result??

BMW 330D
If you've had water inside the car, their is foam underneath the carpet which will have soaked some of the water up, id remove them and let them dry out!

Yep carpets coming out tommorow mate and the light as well

Just glad its going tbh could of been worse. Engine itself is dry so just caprets and the light

Trophy #473
you will need to rinse the foam thoroughly, i spilt a pint of milk in my passanger footwell, still smells 3 months on, get some zoflora on it.

Pi**ed off with my neighbour tbh was in the whole time water was rising outside to his doorstep and didnt think to call me....... cheers buddy

Dont do what a friend of mine did, she cleaned all the carpets and seats in her clio and then left the engine and heater running to dry it out and went inside for a cuppa. When she came out the house the next morning it was still running!

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Dont do what a friend of mine did, she cleaned all the carpets and seats in her clio and then left the engine and heater running to dry it out and went inside for a cuppa. When she came out the house the next morning it was still running!

lucky it was still there!

182 inside
I'll try sort a 'how to' tomorrow for you. unless you have alot of good sunny hot weather in the nest few days.

BMW 330D
pmsl
quite lucky that it was still their tbh!

pmsl
quite lucky that it was still their tbh!

Was still there but the fuel light was on, its a nice neighbourhood but you would have thought you would hear a car ticking over on the drive, she was very lucky!

Wales mate flood central. Another night of rain and the house will be underwater too, happy days.

Would really appreciate that guide Graham :)