ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, major water leak!

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi, I know this has been covered many times before but I'm running out of options..

I have a major puddle of water on the floor, under the seat and in the rear on the drivers side of my trophy. I've checked the scuttle panel drains as per previous threads and they are working perfect, I had a look for a drain in the side skirt also but I couldn't see one? The door seal seems to be fine and I've checked and resealed the two rubber gromits under the seat as well, but it's still leaking and leaking a lot.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm completely out of ideas..

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Try using a hose and with another person in the car spray it on areas of the car, if water comes in, there's your leak? :)

Clio 182 Trophy
I'll give that a go, I'm just worried that if the water is layin somewhere and then slowly leaking in that this won't show me where it's coming from.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is there any water in the boot , under the carpet ? It could be coming from so many different places and swishing about as you drive , not necessarily directly where the water is lodging . Try the black grommets where you open the hatch . Take them out , bob some sealant on and replace.
BLACKGROMMETPIC.jpg

182 ff
Is there any water in the boot , under the carpet ? It could be coming from so many different places and swishing about as you drive , not necessarily directly where the water is lodging . Try the black grommets where you open the hatch . Take them out , bob some sealant on and replace.
BLACKGROMMETPIC.jpg

I found water under the small rear seat.(puddle).. i have traced it back to the rear light...thanks i will see if mines leaking from there.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I have exact same problem and same areas too. Pointless checking the back as it's defo coming in from the front. I thought my scuttle drains where blocked but if your saying yours are fine then can't see mine being blocked. Next place too check is your arch's and sills. Drivers wheel off, arch lining out (TRE side, not headlight) and check for debris building up. Failing that check your jacking points. Some split and leave enough of a gap for water too enter.

Let at me know how you get on.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I found water under the small rear seat.(puddle).. i have traced it back to the rear light...thanks i will see if mines leaking from there.
That's where the water came in when i had my 172 anyway . I sealed it and that sorted the problem . It could be anywhere really . It'll be a process of elimination finding out where your leak is .

Clio 182 Trophy
Thanks guys I'll check out the rear lights and see. Also when I brake my fog light lights up on my dash so the two may be connected
if there's water getting into the light.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the rear window seals, they fold in on themselves at the bottom, water can get in there.