ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Colchester, Essex

Hello to all.

New owner of a 2004 182. Always fancied one. Have been an MX5 enthusiast for years but fancied a bit of a change and something a bit quicker :)

Love the car though the steering feels somewhat lifeless? Got it booked back into the car garage at the weekend to sort again. They renewed a track rod end couple of weeks back but still not right. May ask if there's any locals to me at some point to see if they agree with my steering thoughts or if it's just all in my head.

Cheers
PatC

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome to ClioSport mate! Hope you're enjoying the 182!

There will be plenty of members I'm sure will be able to come and have a look to see if they agree the steering feels out.

@Pacman. is your area rep, he may know someone in your area you could ask?

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Hi, welcome to the forum, there's lots of good guys and good posts on here. I would really recommend paying the £12 to become a member, it's certainly worth it, if you want to buy/sell parts you can make your money back very easily.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Ahoy.

The steering on mine isn't great. I think going through and giving all the bushes a freshen up is a good first modification. I've done most of mine now, just need to do steering rack and ARB bushes and it makes a big difference to start from something you know is in good order.

Well got the car back.
Got them to check rack, bushes, shocks, rods etc.
One new track rod later it feels better but not perfect. Maybe it's after 8 years of mx5 ownership I'm expecting too much :)
Will book in for a full 4 wheel alignment soon as when i had an Mr2 with suspect handling it was like night & day after getting it done. Have used the Toyota garage for alignment in the past and will do again unless anyone knows better?
Cheers

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Welcome aboard Pat.

Keep you eyes peeled to the South East meet section of the forum.

There's always loads of Essex meets in the summer :up: