ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have a 200T edc for 24hrs

Been given an RS200T edc for the next 24hrs. Having owned a 182 2x172 and a 133 twingo with cup packs. will be interesting to see how it compares.

Looks wise I think it's great. It's white with the cup pack. So gloss black wheels. Big spoiler. Love the front bumper blade.

First impressions:
Definitely doesn't need brembo's they are much better than my 182 which had brembo max discs,braided lines,better pads.
Boy does it shift feels rapid sounds amazing. Especially when launch control is engaged.
Must say I like the edc box. But only been driving it a few hours.
It's a car that's great fun when you want it to be. But if you want to take it steady you can and its not to loud or bumpy. 5 doors is a positive for me now Iam getting older it's much more practical. So far so good. More to follow.

Track 172 Cup
Apparently Renault can't give them away lol they seem chubby little things and I'm not a massive fan of the looks.

Be good to see what you think of it after a decent test drive though would like a test just too see how they drive, how's the engine and gearbox? Supposed to be pretty nippy.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As Danny said, Renault totally scunnered everyone by asking for deposits before allowing test drives, such a badly launched car it is unbelievable!

All that aside, i still seriously like them!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've not driven one and don't really feel the need to do so. On face value I wouldn't pick it over others. Manual version would be better by miles. I also bet £1 that the gearbox Over a couple of years will end up breaking

Best drive to work I've had in a while even got to the place with a smile. Sat in traffic crusing along comfortably then road opens up and its a new animal.
Onto the EDC I thought I wasn't going to like it. Not being in control it begin slow etc. but I must say I think it's great. The car feels rapid and I love the pops and crackle from the exhaust.

IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1521.JPG

Had to give it back last night and it was hard. Was really impressed with the car. Took it on a longer drive yesterday trying different types of roads etc. over the rough small country lanes it felt very composed not harsh or crashy. Me personally I love the engine and gearbox and the sound it makes.
Overall I think it is a great car and looks amazing. And now I really want one.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I dont mind them, might put the V6 is for a service and see if I can get one lol

The wing mirror looks huge!

Listerine & Poledo
I hear they're putting the finishing touched to the much-requested 3-door version, but there are still concerns that it's not big enough for a small hatch.
Pre-release rendering attached
14.jpg

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I've not driven one and don't really feel the need to do so. On face value I wouldn't pick it over others. Manual version would be better by miles. I also bet £1 that the gearbox Over a couple of years will end up breaking

Yet the 197/200 gearbox's are made out of butter but it doesn't stop people still buying them.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agreed. There's allways faults with cars etc. but being French I wouldn't want to own one after three years from new.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
done 41000 miles so far in mine - gear box still going

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the gearbox fragility concerns. It's a Getrag unit, I thought they were pretty darn good.

41k eh Steve? Good work! I'm just about to drift past 33k in my ST.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
PSA supposedly but most of the electrics are stamped Bosch or Siemens for example and their shocks are now KYB which Renault have also used. So many parts are bought in now it's mad to say one car is vastly more reliable than another. Look at the dual mass issue. Same flywheels fitted to many cars and some were running as normal and others just 10,000 miles. My mum's focus did over 130,000miles with no dual mass issues. It was the clutch that finally slipped. Last I looked Getrag make the box in the fiesta ST and it isn't rated that high but seems fine with all that torque. My Man trucks manual gearbox is made by ZF and has two pages on how not to kill it and the clutch!!

SQ5
To be fair most electrical parts and sensors have always been made by different companies.

Most car manufacturers probably found the pattern parts to be more reliable in some cases and cheaper to buy in?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Bad example on my part but bearings, brake parts, clutches, dampers, springs and service parts that I've removed from my Peugeot that are genuine parts aren't made by Peugeot.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I don't get the gearbox fragility concerns. It's a Getrag unit, I thought they were pretty darn good.

41k eh Steve? Good work! I'm just about to drift past 33k in my ST.
Not too bad on a 15 month old car, banging in around 900 miles a week in at the minute (and still no spot)

LY 200 EDC LUX
Been given an RS200T edc for the next 24hrs. Having owned a 182 2x172 and a 133 twingo with cup packs. will be interesting to see how it compares.

Looks wise I think it's great. It's white with the cup pack. So gloss black wheels. Big spoiler. Love the front bumper blade.

First impressions:
Definitely doesn't need brembo's they are much better than my 182 which had brembo max discs,braided lines,better pads.
Boy does it shift feels rapid sounds amazing. Especially when launch control is engaged.
Must say I like the edc box. But only been driving it a few hours.
It's a car that's great fun when you want it to be. But if you want to take it steady you can and its not to loud or bumpy. 5 doors is a positive for me now Iam getting older it's much more practical. So far so good. More to follow.

Thinking of buying one as a daily. Most likely Trophy.

Only problem being there won't be a dealer in the country who even knows what it is, let alone know how to look after it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i went in to enquire about a trophy basically just to say here is my details call me when you can order one, they told me i must be mistaken there is no Clio trophy i must be thinking of a lux which they can sell me for 19995, i left!

still can't beleive no xenons though what house s**t how hard would it be!!

LY 200 EDC LUX
I went down to the renault garage just to take a look at the 200 EDC they had in. They couldent have been more helpful. Went out for a very long test drive, tried it in all different modes, launch control etc etc.

Glad you enjoyed the car OP, they really are cracking all round-rounders IMO.