ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GW 200 avec 6000K HID's

Da

Less
Kit came courtesy of the good chap over at MT Audio :)

Finally fitted it today, and the free LED sidelights, after having the car for almost a month now :eek:

38a2cda6626045d3845c6b78ae4d0e83.jpg
66371345287b4655b176c4073113ca32.jpg
b37ac3733a1a439d8fa94f6179813b4d.jpg

Not the greatest pics but looks alot better than the standard yellow IMO and hopefully retains the OE look quite well.

Last edited:
Re: 200 avec 6K HID's

Nice one Daz, same kit as I got for the 200. Where did you put the ballasts BTW?

FN2 Type R GT

ive got 6k HID's and mine seem to be bluer than them? they still seem yellow? or am i missing something...

Da

Less

The ballasts are tricky really, with them getting so warm.
I've currently got them ty-wrapped (via the tags) to metal lugs/bodywork within the engine bay. I will keep an eye on them though as I'm not 100% happy with their location, there just isn't a great deal of room to play with even with the slimline ballasts!

Do you have any pics of yours Joe?

Da

Less

ive got 6k HID's and mine seem to be bluer than them? they still seem yellow? or am i missing something...

I agree they look yellow in the pics, probably down to my crappy camera phone. They're definitely white/blue in the flesh.

Abarth 500 Essesse

Struggled with where to put the ballasts when doing mine, ended up with one near the passenger wheel arch and the driver one near the air con pipes, sort of attached to the wing. Could do with a better place for the drivers side one though.

Looking good Da, they'll look better in person no doubt. The cornering lights annoy me with them being yellow still.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

A suggestion toward the ballast getting warm.

I wrapped the ballasts in foam (from a cushion, meant i didnt have to drill any holes) it also stopped it moving anywhere...!

Da

Less

Yeah those pics are rubbish looking at them, I've edited them with some more.

Good idea that Danny, cheers!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Mine were more like this,

Before (standard Halgen)
17082008168.jpg

after, 6k

17082008173.jpg

Too blue for me, chganged them for 4300 in the end. I found the 6ks give off less actual light

Don't have any pics of mine yet, they're whiter than I was expecting from 6000K but it looks better anyway as I suspect blue against red would look pretty cack.

I just stuck my ballasts inside the wings for now, like you said nowhere really to put them and I was running out of time. I keep checking them regularly, they haven't melted anything yet and they've been on for hours at a time. I can't see them getting hot enough to melt stuff anyway, they're usually attached to the headlights in OEM xenons so surely they would melt them if they were that hot?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Yeah those pics are rubbish looking at them, I've edited them with some more.

Good idea that Danny, cheers!

I ran mine for 14 months (albeit in the phase 1) with no problems whatsoever!

The optic lens is a must, much more prominent than in conventional headlights!

perfect!

I would have gone for 4300 tbh, but they're all good. Saying that, I think the Audi might have 6k as they're much whiter than the 182.

Da

Less

perfect!

I would have gone for 4300 tbh, but they're all good. Saying that, I think the Audi might have 6k as they're much whiter than the 182.

I'll assess the 6K's over the coming months, if I don't like them then I'll revert back to 4300 as that's what I'm used to on the 182. Just fancied a change really and this was the perfect oportunity.

Thanks for the positive comments :)

Da

Less

Xenons were an option on the 197 as far as I can remember and will probably be 4300K standard mate. So all you'd need is to change the lamps to 6000K ones.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Any word from Reno why xenons weren't on the 200 in the first place? There must have been a good reason! :)

Looks great m8 - especially the plate! I might have to 'borrow' that off you at some point! ;)

D.

Da

Less

Renault's official response mate -

Jeremy RUK said:
The 2009 changes to the Clio included a new headlamp design. As the take-up of the xenon option on the first generation of Clio III was so low, the decision was made not to develop a xenon option in the new design.

Such a shame really as I know literally dozens of people that would have taken them up if it was an option!

Cheers for the comments, I'll keep an eye on my plate! ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Re: GW 200 avec 6K HID's

To be honest anybody that doesn't spec xenons on any new car where it is an options is an utter clown imo. Looks much better mate and car looks awesome aswell.

Da

Less
Re: GW 200 avec 6K HID's

Are you sticking with the 6k then Da?

Yes definitely, can't fault them.

The 200's projectors aren't great for light 'projection', but that's down to their design rather than the 6000K HID's.

Thanks for the comments chaps :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
...............try some 5000k, better for light output, you'd be surprised, much better than the 6000k I had in my 197

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
anyone having any issues with radio reception with hids on mk3's? cant get a single bit of radio reception on mine, neither can any car within 10 meters of mine, turn them off and it bursts into life

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
anyone having any issues with radio reception with hids on mk3's? cant get a single bit of radio reception on mine, neither can any car within 10 meters of mine, turn them off and it bursts into life

I had them with mine, Unfortunately its crap HID kits, even though I paid pretty good money for my HID4U kit. Their stuff is real crap tbh! No way round it but to get a different kit, i tried everything, moving ballasts, sheilding cables, ferrite clamps, all to no avail

Da

Less
My kit (From MT) does not interfere with radio reception in any form.

Any that do, probably need a supressor installing.