ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTA V : online

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Level 6 now, still having trouble with getting jobs though and there's a few snipers about now so need cash to buy a rifle.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
No idea what's going on. I've created a character, now what?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
a) You're s**t
b) Perhaps you need to do flight school first?

I've not played the online thing yet, may not get a chance to now :(

Such a silly b*****d. This is the online thread. I'm asking why the f**k I can't fly planes online. Tut

:)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Not looking good for me ever having a go lol.

cant get on there - ill give up
people saying its laggy and s**t - ill give up

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It seems to keep changing. Last time I made a character then selected go and then I was free roaming with other players getting my level up for a few hours. It then booted me then it when to some opening credits and now just keeps doing that waiting for other players bullshit.

Fiesta ST-3
It seems to keep changing. Last time I made a character then selected go and then I was free roaming with other players getting my level up for a few hours. It then booted me then it when to some opening credits and now just keeps doing that waiting for other players bulls**t.

Where some guy lets you have his car?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It never did that the first time. Now cars no opening credits jut straight into the map with a load of other online players.

now it's race of some kind by the looks of things. Irritating.

Fiesta ST-3
It never did that the first time. Now cars no opening credits jut straight into the map with a load of other online players.

now it's race of some kind by the looks of things. Irritating.

Yup exactly as far as I can get.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Argh so annoying especially as I was happy playing!! Even trying solo session and it's not working. Tonight will be the only time until next week for me to play :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
It was kind of impossible for them to simulate what would happen when the majority of the gaming world tried to log in all at once. You just can't simulate that, hence why ticketmaster still goes into meltdown every time big tickets go on sale, and the cloud is just a bullshit excuse.

They need many more resources, but only really for launch, as time goes by the usage will get less and less, but planning for that initial rush, when it's the biggest launch in history is complicated. They could have restricted it to countries, like sony are doing for the ps4 launch, or like apple sometimes do.

bu then people complain when other people get it before them.

So just calm down, and wait for the cloud to pass and probably best to try it when the US are asleep, unfortunately we are mostly at work then.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Anyone got a plane yet? Have been to the runways and helipads, I guess you have to buy them/unlocked at higher level.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Not working for me keeps saying waiting for other player at the race bit at the start:(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If they'd released online on release date it wouldn't have been as much of a problem. f**king silly.

not gonna bother with online until next week, every character i make gets deleted and it wont let me do the tutorial.

Goliath I
Should have rolled it out gradually, releasing it to the entire world within the space of 12 hours was a bit ridiculous tbh.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Seems a bit more stable on Xbox now, done some missions with 8+ people which are really good. Just need more cash for decent weapons now.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Still fucked, I think if you've been lucky to get on then you can stay on. Yanks will all be getting home from work now too so it'll get even worse.

GTD, Lupo
Release should have been staggered for different countries. For halo 3 the UK got it about a week before the US so it could be tested on a smaller mass than the USA and as a result the servers were bulked up in time for the US. There was still the odd problem but no way near as bad as this.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Apart from initially getting my profile corrupted I've been on and off all day without trouble. Thought it was about 2.30 not gone 4, stupid missions :eek: Level 11 now, flew the chopper, no plane yet. Have Lester as a contact too so hoping Michael, Franklin and Trevor turn up in some missions.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Why didn't they release online on the GTA V release day? That way anyone who wants to go on early can do and any bugs can be ironed out before I finish the story and decide to come online.
It would of made it much more gradual instead of everyone trying to connect at the same time.