ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Legends review

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Quality :)

Just a shame (by the sounds of it) that they haven't improved the damage model. Surely if consoles can recreate it well enough in their games (not forgetting the brilliant damage model in Colin McRae on the PC) then they could do it with this, too?

Either way - I want it!

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
It arrived this morning.

God knows when I'm going to get chance to play it. I'd have a look at it at lunch but I've loaned my work wheel to someone. Tonight I'm out and Friday and Saturday I'm on the piss.

Looks like it will have to wait.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
PAH! You can do both at once. Get pissed and then play GTL! ;)

I actually find it quite disturbing how I can shave a few tenths of a second off my laptimes in GTR after I've had a few tins. :S

Let us know what its like though!

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Come on Lee - what's it like?

I nipped into PC World earlier and they had it on the shelves at £34.99 (hmmm, bargain :S ) but I'll have to wait until the end of the week before I can order it from Play.

The screenshots on the casing look great. Have you managed to have a go of the 911 yet?

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've not even installed it yet. I'm on the verge of completing F.E.A.R then it's the next game I'm going to play. Hopefully I'll finish F.E.A.R today so I can get it installed this evening.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ok m8 - no probs.

I'm the opposite to you in that I've got F.E.A.R but haven't installed it. Not sure if my PC spec is even up to it, bearing in mind that CoD2 is like a slideshow on mine.... :dapprove:

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
F.E.A.R runs fine on my Althon 64 3200 with a 6800GT and 1.5gb RAM, it also runs well on my 2600 with X800XT PE and 1gb RAM. CoD 2 is going to have to wait though, as is Quake 4.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Have been playing GT Legends most of the weekend. Its fantastic, much more enjoyable than GTR. These older cars are much more involving to drive. You really feel the differences between each car too, it's quite a challenge to switch from say a Corvette that understeers all over the place to a little Lotus Elan that quite happily drifts through every corner :approve:

The single player cup section of the game is good, a bit like Gran Turismo with sets of small championships with varying classes of cars and tracks, winning money which you can use to buy other cars.

You'll need a fairly meaty PC to get the best out of it, but some of the races are awesome. Starting at the back of a fields of 33 odd cars, all smoking and sliding their way down the craner curves while being half blinded by the sunset is interesting :D

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff Nik. :cool:

I must admit, one thing I found crap with GTR was the fact that the physics engine couldn't really handle power-slides and oversteer. Yet even in the GTL demo, I found it remarkably straight-forward to maintain an Elan's drift through a sweeping bend - constantly twitching the steering wheel slightly to maintain the correct line. Clearly, they've made massive improvements as far as thats concerned.

That's it. Even if I haven't been paid yet, I'm ordering it now! :D

D.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
GTLegends_29.gif

Lee

BMW M2C
Sod it, I'm installing it as soon as I get home, I think I'll even push the boat out and use my decent wheel too.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The force feedback is the best i've found in a game. Up to now i've never felt comfortable on most car sims with my wheel, its always made the driving too twitchy and nervous so i've usually turned the forces right down. I mainly put that down to the wheel being rubbish, but it really seems to feel right on this game.

Lee

BMW M2C
Finished F.E.A.R, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I installed GT Legends and had a bash for half an hour, I did the first race a few times, finishing second on the hardest difficulty level. I'll keep at it until I win of course.

I couldn't be bothered to un box my decent wheel so used the old MS Precision racing wheel.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
is it really good then? was thinking of getting it actually! was weighing up betwen this and quake 4!

Lee

BMW M2C
It's superb. Drove the mini last night, and then had a bit of sideways action in Lotus Cortina.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lee said:
Finished F.E.A.R, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I installed GT Legends and had a bash for half an hour, I did the first race a few times, finishing second on the hardest difficulty level. I'll keep at it until I win of course.

I couldn't be bothered to un box my decent wheel so used the old MS Precision racing wheel.

Fecking 'ell - were you that good on GTR as well??? If so, there's no point me racing you - I won't stand a chance! :)

I found it really hard to race the CPU oppostion in GTR. They seemed to have additional benefit at the start - almost like they didn't have cold tyres and stuff. The grip and positioning of their cars through the corners was a bit iffy if you ask me - especially when you were behind in exactly the same car...

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
It took me half an hour to get my lap time quicker than the rest of the CPU cars. It was only Mondello park so not many corners to learn. lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I nearly threw my steering wheel out the window last night. In the later stages of Cup C and the AI drivers are starting to get a little better and more aggressive.

I lost count of the amount of times I've started to accelerate out of a corner only for the car in front to have a moment or decide to block me then slamming on the brakes, causing me to end up facing backwards in the gravel after taking avoiding action (these cars dont know what brakes are). The Lotus Elan is a b*tch to drive if you havent got the setup right! Excellent AI though :D

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nik said:
I nearly threw my steering wheel out the window last night. In the later stages of Cup C and the AI drivers are starting to get a little better and more aggressive.

I lost count of the amount of times I've started to accelerate out of a corner only for the car in front to have a moment or decide to block me then slamming on the brakes, causing me to end up facing backwards in the gravel after taking avoiding action (these cars dont know what brakes are). The Lotus Elan is a b*tch to drive if you havent got the setup right! Excellent AI though :D

Imagine if they did a mod where crashing was the whole point?! A mixture of Flatout and GTL - that would be quality.... :D

D.