ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SQL Help

997.1, Caddy, e208
Hey benders,

I'm trying to port a Business Objects query to an SQLPlus script (Oracle) -
I have built a table that pulls all the required data from the data warehouse (eqso01.svc_lvl) and it's aliased as tmp.

I am now creating some tables from this, which incorporates some of the calculations (variables) from business objects, and I've encountered what feels like Inception.... Hoping someone can make the SQL a little tidier.

I have 3 BO variables, two are done (the 3rd might be, but BO is down at the minute so I cant check my work)

BO Variable Direct P CodeS
round((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - sum(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes)) / count(distinct tmp.site_no),0)

BO Variable Direct OOS
round(((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - sum(tmp.p_code_in_stock)) - (sum(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes) - sum(tmp.dc_P_Code_In_Stock)))/count(distinct tmp.site_no),2)

^ These are correct

The third BO query is Direct Service Level
which in BO is:
=If([DIRECT P CODES] <> 0;([DIRECT P CODES]-[DIRECT OOS])/[DIRECT P CODES])

Which I need to port to SQL, and I think is something along the lines of
round((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - SUM(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes) - (sum(tmp.p_code_in_stock) - sum(tmp.dc_P_Code_In_Stock))) / nullif(count(distinct tmp.site_no), 0) /
nullif((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - sum(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes)) / count(distinct tmp.site_no), 0), 2)

I suspect this is wrong, but I cannot check at the minute, and it looks seriously dirty..... Can anyone with a clue shed some light.

<Awaits really helpful answers>

Last edited:

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I've tried gee pee tee, but if its shite in its shite out, innit
Can’t you put something like….

If direct p = this
Direct o = that
And direct service = them two

Remove the need to create them separately. It should be able to do that?

On my phone and defo not doing it for you :)

997.1, Caddy, e208
Not in sql?
I can use a case statement obviously but I can't reference columns in my current select? Which they would be?

Id have to do:
case when
<mess> then do x
Else <bigger mess > end

No?