ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Growing Out Of The Clio?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I agree that people will move on from Clios, and that probably does come with abit of age aswell. But I don't agree with the people that have owned them, moving on and then slating Clios and the people that drive them.

DB.

BMW 440i
Im not slating those who drive them, but I just hated the tinny feeling of mine, and the interior, I did from very early on owning it, always preferred the cabin in my Pug 206!

They are very capable cars and for the price, the performance is brilliant!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
^ +1 we all know the interiors aren't the best, but I suppose we don't buy them for that.

My Mini interior was epic compared to my 182, but I still prefer the Clio.

Clio 172
alot of negativity in this thread i say ur cars only as good as the driver behind the wheel and my clio suits my personality best ive had many tear ups with much higher powerd cars and i also drive at 50 on the a13 for work (not my own choice ) but to be fair it wouldnt matter if i was in my clio or a rolls royce phantom im still getting to the same place its all about the personality of the driver and if its a clio they want to or dont want to drive i really couldnt care im still gonna enjoy mine because im that kinda guy :) and thats my kind of car

182cup & 172 racecar
What the fcuk has age got to do with anything?As I said before,you choose a car that suit's your needs.

My kids have all gone,I like quick cars,always had something nippy and I couldn't refuse the offer of the car.

My missus likes it and I like driving it.

If you fancy a change of car then fair enough,to "grow out" of said car is rubbish.

DB.

BMW 440i
What the fcuk has age got to do with anything?As I said before,you choose a car that suit's your needs.

My kids have all gone,I like quick cars,always had something nippy and I couldn't refuse the offer of the car.

My missus likes it and I like driving it.

If you fancy a change of car then fair enough,to "grow out" of said car is rubbish.

Growing out of something doesn't just have to be related to age. People develop different tastes, wants, needs etc. So you can grow out of a car that once suited you/satisfied you.

Willy + Modus DCi
i sold my first 172 on a whim after owning it 2 or 3 yrs, then had a beemer 5 series and then a 306 gti-6 in quick succession and bought another 172 within 6 months. the grass always seems greener on tother side.

172 Cup
I agree that people will move on from Clios, and that probably does come with abit of age aswell. But I don't agree with the people that have owned them, moving on and then slating Clios and the people that drive them.

Agree with this, I'm 26 and love my Clio, I loved my GTI-6 as well, I'm not going to leave these cheap fun hatchbacks behind until I can afford a 911 and once I have a 911 I wont say a bad word about my Clio or my GTI-6 as they have brought me great enjoyment, I don't give a toss what people at work think, I use a 120d pool car for meetings and I just know I would be so bored of it so quickly. It amazes me how many people come on these forums claiming to be into cars but talking about their dull TT's and rep mobiles, I can guarantee I will never buy a boring car no mater what my circumstances are!

If you feel like you fancy a new car have a think about what you would like sort your finance's out and get it, In the future you may feel like you miss your Clio, but it doesn't matter because you can just buy another one!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i out grew the ph1 as a daily, i love it when im in the mood for it but i felt a bit embarrassed giving people a lift to meetings or even turning up to them in my 10yr old clio that sounds like its exhaust is falling off.

was going to change it for a clio 200 but a move with work ment i was doing loads of miles so bought the GT instead and kept the 172, now ive got the best of both worlds and love it. would never go back to not having a brand new car as a daily again

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I find it's the niggles that put you off the car, there are times when I've had issues with the 1.4 and have not had the funds to fix it straight away. During that period I did feel rather sick and wanted a new car.

Once I got around to sorting the niggles I fell back in love and started cleaning it again ;)

Sounds like you are in the same boat with your initial comment, you sound very aware it is not perfect.

i out grew the ph1 as a daily, i love it when im in the mood for it but i felt a bit embarrassed giving people a lift to meetings or even turning up to them in my 10yr old clio that sounds like its exhaust is falling off.

was going to change it for a clio 200 but a move with work ment i was doing loads of miles so bought the GT instead and kept the 172, now ive got the best of both worlds and love it. would never go back to not having a brand new car as a daily again

This is what I'd like to do. Keep the clio till it's not worth selling then get something comfy as a daily drive. Its either that or change earlier for something newer but still fun (ie R26) but I'm currently saving my money for a house purchase.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I find it's the niggles that put you off the car, there are times when I've had issues with the 1.4 and have not had the funds to fix it straight away. During that period I did feel rather sick and wanted a new car.

Once I got around to sorting the niggles I fell back in love and started cleaning it again ;)

Sounds like you are in the same boat with your initial comment, you sound very aware it is not perfect.

this is exactly what im like with mine. It's just pain in the arse

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
This is what I'd like to do. Keep the clio till it's not worth selling then get something comfy as a daily drive. Its either that or change earlier for something newer but still fun (ie R26) but I'm currently saving my money for a house purchase.

yeah its good i like it, its not the cheapest way of doing things but it suits me nicely, wee DCi does 50mpg every day with ease, thats driving quickly, £0 road tax, £300 a year to insure at 22 and has every toy on the option list :)