ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Track Cup - Back To Basics

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I found the fitment all depends where you choose to drill the holes and mount the bias valve (if you have one) My original bias valve position left too muc slack at the back and too tight at the front so I had to move it forward a bit. All good now.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Mine SHOULD be coming with bulkhead fittings.. we will see next week.

I thought mine were as I ordered hose kit with bulkhead. Seeing a few pics every kit looks to be different. I’ve seen one with bulkhead fitting, some with grommets. Also some with straight or 90’s off the master cylinder. 90’s would make the hose runs neater.

I got them fitted yesterday, but still to do the bulkhead penitration as going to remove the heater box first.
I also need to source male/male fittings for my bias valve as the hose ends are female.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
I've got 90s of the master cylinder and bulkhead fittings. Would have liked 90deg banjo fittings for the bias valve as it' tilton so sits the 'wrong' way round. Mitch did offer to make any changes for me FOC if I sent the hoses back but it was a hassle

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
A little more progress made today.

I removed the heater blower and box ready to fit the little electric blower.

77AEFABF-18F9-4C51-AACA-9022C816146C.jpeg

8A1AE462-A5FC-4C5E-8383-76364D114054.jpeg

Then started to re fit the dash along with pod/ kill switch / gauges.

7E109752-E5DB-429D-9A4E-14F3FEE4298D.jpeg

26A4C30D-2BB4-411A-9016-A35FE7A8394A.jpeg

While I had the dash out I gave the flock a spray with suede die as it had started to fade in parts. It came out well so decided to do the steering wheel aswell as the blue really didn’t go with the colour of the car.

02B0F60B-F6B8-4012-881D-5C7C8E0829AE.jpeg

Still a bit of tidying up to do but it’s getting there, ideally would like to trim back the loom a lot but that can wait until next winter.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Got most of the inside completed today moved the fire ext to the front of the footwell, so just the battery to move and clip in the power cable.

A67E0518-72F5-47DD-87E1-291918AA294A.jpeg

Also started a mock up of the turbo in my spare engine , I think with a few small mods the standard inlet should fit with the 225 turbo

F17F278C-E609-4DED-AC18-BD4F7799CAF4.jpeg

16v UK Cup Race Car
Which electric blower are you getting? And is it just a cold air blower, or is it heated?

The heater has been removed in my track car and the screen keeps misting up - have been looking into options...

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Which electric blower are you getting? And is it just a cold air blower, or is it heated?

The heater has been removed in my track car and the screen keeps misting up - have been looking into options...

I’m using this heater I have blanked two of the outlets and ducted the other two into the original feed hole that feeds towards the screen. I got it plumbed and wired today and it seems to move air well but is loud.

621DA07F-327A-490B-9CB7-81EFE7FFA2A9.jpeg

16v UK Cup Race Car
Can you post pics of how you've mated the ducting into the feed hole please?

I spoke to T7 Designs yesterday about doing the same...

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Not much progress this week due to “the beast from the east”

67E3BB25-8808-46B2-8BD8-26EDAAF25C1C.jpeg

Did make a bit progress on the turbo engine , by removing the coil pack mount and rotating the turbo outlet. Should ideally make pipe runs short to the cooler.
Flexi ducting just used to check clearance.

DBF28056-8428-4E41-8534-39A9D327C037.jpeg
D50A8965-8263-4E6B-A72A-CE6517C0693D.jpeg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Bit more progress made today.
PMS rear roll bar fitted.

AE5E6FC3-8285-4B6A-9753-6F7AAB910E72.jpeg

Brake lines clipped in

0D333712-C2E1-44F9-A192-60D9F072E4BF.jpeg

2FCFE189-74DE-4F1B-B5F9-C41272EE81B7.jpeg

Battery moved to behind passenger seat to clear up the rear and move weight lower

174FF572-2A67-4F8E-B6B9-37007CA5D1AD.jpeg

Got the dash finished and wiring wrapped

EC8C8C1C-1825-4681-BCE4-6D28DE09C693.jpeg

Engine bay hoses clipped up and battery bulkhead connector fitted

22549871-0603-4477-8819-1E3AE46B3DB1.jpeg

I also bought a couple of parts last night that have sort of blown the budget spec plan , but they are quality parts that always seem to hold value if it was to sell in the future

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Those are the mods i think make the most difference rather than a diff. Especially around KH!

On my old engine the FD change in the gripper box made a big difference as kept the engine in higher revs , If i go turbo this time it should have the torque lower down to pull standard gearing.

John Lindsay

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 RS182
Just read through this from start to finish. Thought I’d catch up with where it’s at!

When’s the next outing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Just read through this from start to finish. Thought I’d catch up with where it’s at!

When’s the next outing?

I’m booked up for the CSOC session at the sls round, ideally would like to give it a shake down before then but don’t think I will get the chance as I’m away back to work next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Spent today stealing parts from this.

4A48842F-91A8-474F-A432-6D3F834B7037.jpeg

So the car now has AST 5100’s and a roll center kit fitted.

875E3139-EA3C-46A7-9BC9-B286D42A9336.jpeg

127ABAE2-38B2-4201-9F5C-3ED6DAFF01D2.jpeg

D049F182-BF7D-4FEE-B065-F949B6DEF209.jpeg

bonnet is now painted and fitted aswell, so really just alignment and a sunstrip to finish

EA2A3EA5-690A-409B-9B85-6B9E3D9893CE.jpeg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Any advice on what to use to try and clean up the poly windows as they are a bit of a mess after having stickers on them and general scratching.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I have my first trackday book in the car on the 22nd April , its a CSOC session as part of the Super lap Scotland first event at Knockhill . We will have 6 short sessions out on track so ideal to use as a shake down.

Before that I need to get the car up for alignment and corner weighting to hopefully get the most from the recent suspension upgrades , really not expecting much from the car or myself first few times out but will be fun to be back out on track in it.

I sold my X5 last week as well which wasn't really planned 😊 ,but I had jokingly said to a friend if he wanted it he could buy it.. witch kind of left me without a tow car :confused::confused::tongueout:

Had planned on holding off until I was home from work again in April but ended up picking this up on Monday

Clio 182 ktec series
Hey,

I have a Clio 182 that is been building for a year to enter in the ktec Clio 750mc series, I have done the same thing as you with the kill switch and extinguisher pull cords on the shuttle panel. However, I can’t make the panel tough enough to be able to pull the cords without it lifting.

What have you done to make it secure etc?
Cheers
Jason

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Hey,

I have a Clio 182 that is been building for a year to enter in the ktec Clio 750mc series, I have done the same thing as you with the kill switch and extinguisher pull cords on the shuttle panel. However, I can’t make the panel tough enough to be able to pull the cords without it lifting.

What have you done to make it secure etc?
Cheers
Jason
Are your clips that go under the windscreen still in place? Usually a large repair washer under the scuttle plastic is enough, but they all flex and u really need to push down on it as u pull, which is ok if u know that’s what’s needed but any Marshall running to pull it in emergency may not have that tact.......

Clio 182 ktec series
No the clips aren’t there and whernt here when I bought the car I was gonna buy replacements but wasn’t sure wether they would still keep the panel in place as like you say I need to push the panel down to pull the cords which the marshals are unlikely to do, which is why I was wondering if there’s a stronger alternative option.

My other plan is to make a bracket to hold them on and drill the holes in the panel larger so it just passes through the panel rather than being attached to it

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
As Craig says above I still have the clips under the screen which helps also make sure you have the clip fitted under the hinge as this helps as well, the panel still flexes but the pulls will work, in an emergency if the marshal brakes the panel then that's the least of my worries :fearscream:

Getting the car booked in for corner weight and alignment within the next 2 weeks , and will give it a spanner check underneath while its on the ramp. Was just going to get a basic alignment but with spending extra on suspension will corner weight to make the most of it .

Any advice on what to use to try and clean up the poly windows as they are a bit of a mess after having stickers on them and general scratching.

I had this issue. Ended up getting so fed up with mine I replaced them for ones with the marguard coating. It's worth every penny extra.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Ps love the little notes on the underside of the arch.

And the fact you have a Clio and an R8

The notes were put there buy Stu when he had the car, handy spanner sizes for quick checks at track.

I will try and clean up the windows if I can get them half decent they will do.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Few more parts soon to be added to the "budget blown" pile , helix clutch and lightweight flywheel .

Will probably fit these after a few track days along with some arp rod bolts and flywheel bolts.

After seeing the results Bloke got with the group N timing , Im looking forward to trying Fraser's old engine out as they look to have a good torque spread with this set up.

clutch.jpg

fly.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Will do .
Like you say in a track car it doesn't matter but I know how annoying a rattly clutch can be in a road car.