ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Track Cup - Back To Basics

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks I dont think it will ever be back to the spec it use to be , but glad to have it back.
Hopefully this time it will stay as the original plan as a cheap track car, saying that i'm already looking at trailers, as really have no need for it to be road legal apart from testing it out.
Funny to look back to the first page I actually bought this after i sold my first R8 to have as a cheap track toy, that went out the window and i ended up with a £12000 toy that got used maybe 10 days a year. Was fun to build it up and i had a lot of fun out of it as did Stu , and i'm sure some of the fancy parts will live on in his PH1 sunflower in 2020 :)

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Today I pulled the clio into the garage and made a start fitting parts and tidying up the wiring.

Removed the phase 2 loom and tucked the phase 1 loom
IMG_8932.JPG
IMG_8933.JPG
IMG_8935.JPG

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_8937.JPG
IMG_8939.JPG
Pure shifter fitted along with sabelt wheel , also ordered an internal brake line kit from proline.
Engine will be coming out next week for a tart up , so ideal time to fit a brake kit

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Will be following this with interest.

Almost ready to pull the engine out of my Cup track car project.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Made a start on tidying up the passenger side of the dash as Stu had removed the glovebox. Plan is to move the fuse box to the dash vent , and tuck the uch on a bracket. Kill switches will get moved to the new dash pod.

IMG_8952.JPG

Garage is as bit tight justnow to do any proper work on the car

IMG_8948.JPG

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_8958.JPG
Pulled the engine today to give it a tidy up and ready to fit the braided brake line kit next week.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip they look good and should keep things tidy inside and in the bay , its one of the few bling bits the car will be getting.
If I knew you were getting one could of just got Mitch to send the two kits together.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_8971.JPG
Managed to get my dash pod fitted today still to move the kill switches.
Tomorrow my replacement gearbox ,coilovers and oz f1 alloys should arrive so next week I hope to have the car running.

Attachments

• IMG_8972.JPG
    IMG_8972.JPG
    556.6 KB · Views: 128

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
A little more progress made
Got the engine bay cleaned up ready for the engine to go back in

IMG_8987.JPG

Got a gearbox painted up and bolted to the engine so it's all ready to re fit once the proline kit arrives, and fitted along the back of the bay.

IMG_9007.JPG

I also picked up a spare engine , gearbox , coilovers , alloys with rain sports luckily got spare front hubs, brakes and driveshafts thrown in for free so now have some spares.

IMG_8979.JPG

Gave the coilovers a clean up and paint , happy to say all the adjusters are free and also got some pure topmounts in the deal.

IMG_9005.JPG

IMG_9006.JPG

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Not wasting any time! Looking forward to seeing this back together. Love it in the green, looks great.

What made you go for the R8? Didn't you have one before?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip I had an r8 around 5 years ago, just fancied something more useable ,but still nice to drive and holding value. They aren't massively fast but can be used daily , fun to drive and can comfortably do longer runs in it.

With being away for a month at a time with work I thought I best make a push at it this time home so hopefully have it up and running for track days starting in March/April.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Today I made up some basic mounts for an alloy rad and mounted that up along with a new front grill.
Looks like there is going to be a delay with the hoses from proline so may just fit the engine this weekend.

IMG_9019.JPG

IMG_9020.JPG

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Bit more progress the new bonnet arrived from Chris I’m going to try and mount the aerocatches further forward to try and help stop bonnet flex.
Also tried the intake box direct off the TB which think will give better flow.
Hope to get the car started tomorrow once I get the exhaust fitted up.
Also going to pick up a new trailer tomorrow ready for track season.

0DB2A8F8-D7F6-4D3D-9E90-3E8DF3DB125B.jpeg

24B60D1B-0171-4861-941E-A76AFDA1C603.jpeg

13A8D133-836F-4CDE-9F38-06B747FC9C9D.jpeg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Enjoying watching this progress!

Do you have any pictures on how you've mounted the ECU in the engine bay please?

Gez

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Got the car running today :smile: it’s got a slight blow from the manifold which can be heard at idle.
I thought it would be louder with the centre exit exhaust but it isn’t too bad.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it would be louder with the centre exit exhaust but it isn’t too bad.

Great news on getting it running again.
On the note of the centre exit, do you have any images of how you have that set-up, or what system it is etc - got to look into this shortly and was going for a single centre exit.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear it's up and running. When's the first outing?
Not sure yet as I'm going back to work soon , may try and get out in March as still a few bits to sort on the car.
Still waiting on the Pro line brake hoses as well.

Im tempted to sell the the Sparco wheels if your still interested ??

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Great news on getting it running again.
On the note of the centre exit, do you have any images of how you have that set-up, or what system it is etc - got to look into this shortly and was going for a single centre exit.

The exhaust is custom made. It bolts directly up to the 182 manifold. And mounts at the back using 2 mounts bolted to the boot floor.
This is the only pic I have off the exhaust off the car.

CBF4C3B2-B744-48A9-84F4-0968B6C7973D.jpeg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
The exhaust is custom made. It bolts directly up to the 182 manifold. And mounts at the back using 2 mounts bolted to the boot floor.

I thought I would probably have to go custom. Does the exhaust go up and over the rear beam in the original location? Or you just stayed central all the way through?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Nope
Apparently he s waiting on an order of green hose. Held off fitting the engine as long as I could, just hope they can be fitted with engine in place.

Mitch was telling me about your order as he has 2 orders in with him under the name Neil, (the other one is mine), he mentioned about ordering more green... hope you get to fit them alright