ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Track Cup - Back To Basics

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Well glad I got the car running and most of the parts fitted as it will now be middle of Feb before I get any more work done.
I will have my hose kit to fit then along with tidying up the interior dash/wiring/ switches.
I ordered a small heater at autosport so looks like all the original heater and blower box can now be junked and new blower wired to a simple on/off switch for demisting the screen.

Have decided to sell the sparco wheels as now got a couple of sets of oz f1’s lined up.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Well glad I got the car running and most of the parts fitted as it will now be middle of Feb before I get any more work done.
I will have my hose kit to fit then along with tidying up the interior dash/wiring/ switches.
I ordered a small heater at autosport so looks like all the original heater and blower box can now be junked and new blower wired to a simple on/off switch for demisting the screen.

Have decided to sell the sparco wheels as now got a couple of sets of oz f1’s lined up.

Same setup as me im guessing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Similar bought the same heater as Neil M so will have two intakes going to the center screen feed. Keeping the upper dash and some of the drivers side lower I think.
Well unless you want to do the wiring

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
This is the style I went for .

th.jpg

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Ahhh. That’s the bigger size than I went for. Hopefully mines works well enough [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip that's what I was thinking
I will build a kit up during the year on my spare engine, then send the spare ecu away to be coded.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Arran but I have , a manifold , turbo , injectors, inter cooler and oil pipes , ph1 fuel pump on there way 😢:tongueclosed: ,will still need to source boost pipes and a few other parts .

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I was thinking Scott , if boost is kept low it should only be producing similar power to my old set up but have a larger torque spread.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
If I were to turbo the car later would there be an issue of fitting the cooler here, the rad could be lowered about 4" more
rad.JPG

Way I see it would be less pipe run, still have good airflow from the grill, with a defelector plate should get less heat soak from the rad.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I picked up a few parts on a cheeky ebay bid last week , I know the 225 turbo and manifold will make install more difficult than the normal rear mount log manifold.

In the package I got ..

225 turbo (modified outlet so doesnt go over the head)
225 manifold
Downpipe
Oil feed
Ph1 fuel pump
Megane injectors
Intercooler
Oil drain fittings

So will need

Boost pipes
EFI boost module

IMG_9120.JPG

IMG_E9122.JPG

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a hybrid turbo that needs new bearings and a forge actuator if you're interested.

Would megane boost pipes fit as I've also got a hard boost pipe kit.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I will be sticking to low boost on a standard engine so no real need for a hybrid thanks anyway.
For boost pipes I think it will have to be custom

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ebay do a universal boost pipe kit for around £75. I originally got 2.5" but wasn't happy with it as I feel like it gave me a bit of lag and was unnecessarily big.
I've gone down to 2.25" now and it looks much nicer in the engine bay, it's not touching any other components too like what the 2.5 did. Mines made by toyo sports on ebay, you have to get fairly handy with a hacksaw and a flaring tool but that's nothing really.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Ebay do a universal boost pipe kit for around £75. I originally got 2.5" but wasn't happy with it as I feel like it gave me a bit of lag and was unnecessarily big.
I've gone down to 2.25" now and it looks much nicer in the engine bay, it's not touching any other components too like what the 2.5 did. Mines made by toyo sports on ebay, you have to get fairly handy with a hacksaw and a flaring tool but that's nothing really.

Thanks I have seen those kits and will probably go for one later on .

Plan is justnow to get the car out on the engine thats fitted , as its already mapped by EFI with group N settings and was always a fast engine in Frasers car.
I will then fit the turbo kit to my spare engine and work out pipe routes based on measurements, then later on in the season or next winter I will switch the engine and box over.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yes Arran they arrived about a week ago , to my address rather than my parents where they were meant to go . I haven't checked them yet as not back in the UK until the end of the week.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
Theres a pretty good chance that one of them will be the wrong size to fit in the master cylinder

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Theres a pretty good chance that one of them will be the wrong size to fit in the master cylinder

Less than ideal as im now going to be working with the engine in the bay, original plan was for them to be fitted before the engine.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
Less than ideal as im now going to be working with the engine in the bay, original plan was for them to be fitted before the engine.
I might be wrong, but out of 3 kits I've seen, 3 of them had the same hose wrong. Theres an M10 and an M12 out from the master cylinder. Both hoses were M10

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip i mind from before when i went to fit a R5 master cylinder to balance out the brake ratio when trying to fit the Porsche calipers that there were two different sized fittings. Im not sure if the full fat MC is different threads from the cup, that some kits have been mixed up ?

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I had the wrong size connectors on my hoses from Mitch. Dropped him a message and he explained that his hoses go in the MC with both fronts nearest the pedal and the rear in either of the furthest ports. (I have a cup MC) and you blank the other one off.
The standard set up was one front and one rear nearest the pedal which is what threw me.
IMG_0282.jpg

So, ignore my labelling on the master cylinder!