ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got bored of the Clio (///M)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Well, my idea of a track day Clio never really panned out (drove it about 1000 miles in wish months!) so decided it had to be replaced. Getting rid of my van also and back to 1 vehicle, so it had to be something good.

Went through several options and finally ended up here as a bit of an impulse buy:

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

The car is absolutely bang on, FULL BMW history, had BMW warranty up until end of 2010 so I have all the warranty claims carried out printed up, old MOT's etc, the lot. Drives so good its hard to believe!

How anyone can not buy one if they are in the position is beyond me.

Also, many thanks to the standard member in these threads, Sir_Dave. What a legend, cheers mate.

More pictures will follow, just a few on my first morning to work in it.

Got a few plans to brighten it up a bit but on the whole it's staying as is. I know everyone will comment on the 18's but I had to compromise with buying a sorted car, wheels were't a priority, and in person it looks mean as hell!

340i
Very nice, Joe!

I actually prefer the 18" they are a little less shouty / bling' bling'

It looks like a good spec too... Manual, sat nav

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Also, many thanks to the standard member in these threads, Sir_Dave. What a legend, cheers mate.

:eek: Not a problem whatsoever!! Shame im too gay to have one myself lol.

Great spec though, id want 18's next i think. 19's look great if you are going for the blingy look, but i think from a driving perspective, the 18's are reputedly better. If/when i have another one, it will be manual, with 18's and preferably half leather. Hero spec iirc. Will be interesting to see how the R32 compares from a running cost perspective ...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I just think the 18's look wrong.Almost like they did an SE spec for the M3.

That aside i love the silver on red,it looks lovely.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers for the comments. I do like the 19's but it was never a must have. The car is perfect and has been very well maintained! Even had a trip into derby this morning in rush hour traffic and got 24mpg!

Really nice to have a sunroof again too, helps let the noise in the car too!

Going to get some smoked indicators for the front off eBay and *maybe* a black grill too, don't like the chrome. Rest is going on tyres and fuel.

Not been this happy since I got my 182 4 years ago! Insurance at 23 is under a grand too, winner!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks mint Joe. Very understated and not 'look at me'. I need to sell the Clio big time. :(

Mini JCW
Looking good Joe - But i'm sure you could find a better place for snaps then Sainsburys car park ffs:rasp:! Bet it sounds mean as f*ck.

I'm looking at selling the 197 for an R26 - I'm sure you had one at some point? (I lose track with your cars!)

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Very nice mate, my previous m3 had 19's which I then changed to CSL 19's and it was always a bit crashy. I am currently in conversation about getting my second one and will probably get 18's as looking to do some track work. Who are you insured with? I'm 24 and had my M3 at 23 and cheapest I could get was £1400 with Admiral and thats living in a very good postcode no points and 7 year ncb.

340i
Looking good Joe - But i'm sure you could find a better place for snaps then Sainsburys car park ffs:rasp:! Bet it sounds mean as f*ck.

I'm looking at selling the 197 for an R26 - I'm sure you had one at some point? (I lose track with your cars!)

I've got an r26 now, Ant... more than welcome to have a look / run in it ;)

Mini JCW
I've got an r26 now, Ant... more than welcome to have a look / run in it ;)

So I see - Cheers for the offer, i'll have to take you up on that! Hoping to look at some in the next 3 months with a view to buying.

340i
So I see - Cheers for the offer, i'll have to take you up on that! Hoping to look at some in the next 3 months with a view to buying.

Although it's not quite standard... Would be good to see you again mate, it's been a while!

I might be looking to sell mine in a few months, job change dependant.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Will reply to everyone later but thanks!

RE the pics that was on my way to work, nipped to MacD's for a breakfast wrap and thought I'd grab a couple of pics!
Will be more to follow at the weekend no doubt!

The wheels are awesome in real life though, trust me!

Evo 5 RS
Decent M3's are much less than £8-11k btw.

Decent is open to debate. Bet you'd get a CRACKING one for less lol.

I'd just prefer an R, sorry! Don't shoot me down for it (pardon the pun)

EDIT, probably shouldn't of used the Ops pic lol. They're great cars x

Last edited:
  Mk2 Ph2 172
Good upgrade this is where I will be next or back in an e36 m3 Evo

Need to wait til the spending stops on the house lol

Turbos.
Nice move. Guy at work has bought the same colour combo but with 19s. Fitted a chav plate to it, something like J1 00 GAV. FFS.

I'd put eibachs or similar on, as the springs will snap anyway (if they haven't already!), and then the 18s will suit it fine. Having said that, if you wanted to look like SRS track driver, then i'm not sure i would have gone for the lap dancing lounge red interior, or sunroof...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Will have my plate on it as soon as the logbook comes back 'V12 PEP' but that's not chavvy!

Good job im not a hardcore track driver!
Love the red leather and the sunroof, but again neither were necessities. I didn't really have a spec in mind, main thing was get one with a proper history, the rest would just do!