ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus One

Some people like iphone OS, some like Android... or am I missing something? Unless you like multi tasking that is.

Indeed but iPhone OS is still better. Just like Mac OSX is better than Windows.

Regardless, of course both have their benefits and drawbacks. I'm just breaking balls. The fact remains that anyone who labels the iPhone as a fashion accessory and then strokes one off over a copy, just because it can run simultaneous apps (why?) is an anti-brand *****, which is even less logical than being a brand *****.

But some people might just like this phone more than the iphone regardless of brand? I would probably have one over the 3GS (depending on how I find it in the hand), but may well prefer the new iphone when it comes out.

Of course, but most people are just bleating on about specs and multi-tasking apps, having not even seen the phone. It boils down to them having stood by their misguided hatred for so long, and they now have an excuse to catch up and get a taste of what modern mobiles should be like, thanks to Apple's innovation.

S3, Polo
I'm no Apple-phile, but I do think my iPhone is simply the best gadget I've ever used.

The iPhone OS is the most polished, user-friendly interface I've ever used too.

Every other device that has tried to emulate it, fails miserably. Clunky, counter-intuitive and pointless additions to a great formula do not add value or desirability!

Oh, and let's not forget that this aspect of the iPhone hasn't changed *significantly* since it's release in 2007.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I got an Iphone simply because it forfills my needs better than anything else out there currently. An is easy to use. Isn't that the point? When I've had the opportunity to play on both I'll evalute which is the best option for me. This still looks pretty nice tho.

I got an Iphone simply because it forfills my needs better than anything else out there currently. An is easy to use. Isn't that the point? When I've had the opportunity to play on both I'll evalute which is the best option for me. This still looks pretty nice tho.

Very true! Just because you find the iphone perfect for you, some people will feel the same about the Nexus, Hero and for some reason (andycon) the N97 ;)

Does anyone actually know when its released in UK and on what networks? I want to have a play and not base my opinions on the vastly different reviews out there!

Thats a bit of a bugger, can order direct from google for £313 delivered from US, but VAT & import charges will no doubt be added!

An just noticed they do mention Voda like you said:

'The Nexus One Phone with Vodafone wireless service. Coming soon to Europe.'

Last edited:
  Fiat Bravo Active TJet
That seems to be what quite a few people are doing over on the Android Forums on this thread.

As much as I'm wanting one, I think I may wait until Voda release it here, and then I can go into a store to see how I feel about it.

If it is going to be released in Feb though, then I might even be able to get it on an upgrade as well.

^^ was hoping someone would have had there VAT invoice on there too see if its worth it rather than going for an expensive contract!

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Yeah - I did the same when I found that earlier on, and either no one's had the invoice yet, or they're just not bothering to put it up.

There might be another thread on there though where someones put it up, I know that someone linked to a pricing thread from that one at some point.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I was reading something earlier that HTC were planning on releasing the HTC Bravo as well, on T-Mobile.

I thought that that was a bit odd, considerring that the N1 is based around the Bravo.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Yeah - I read the same. Hope so, cos I can get an upgrade on my voda contract on the 18th :D

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Same for me, too! I keep checking to see if there's any official announcement from either Google or Voda on the release date. Not heard anything though :(

182FF with cup packs
I ordered mine last night fromm the google store. So from reading the Android forum I should have it in a week to 10 days.

Can't wait.

I'll post some pics and a review up when I get it.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Why is it substandard? Because it doesn't run iPhone OS.

What does the iPhone do that the N1 can't? Run iPhone OS.
I lol'd

Indeed but iPhone OS is still better. Just like Mac OSX is better than Windows.
Then I lol'd again. Comparing the iPhone OS and Android is NOTHING like comparing the MacOS with Windows.

It depends on the user. If you want something you can pick up and use straight away, and you'll never want to customize it, get an iPhone. For everything else, theres Android and Windows Mobile

182FF with cup packs
Blimey, just got notification that it's been shipped.

It's left google already and is at the Northeast Indianapolis DHL depot.

Maybe early next week (fingers crossed)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
app store is good, much better than windows mobile one. doesn't touch apple one, yet.

when you get it, get robodefense :)

Audi Q7, Avalanche
I have the HTC Eris running on 1.5. After having all of the iPhones i can safely say it is a solid start to the Android phenomenon, the motorolla droid is running 2.0 and has a slide out keyboard but it is fairly large. The Eris is a great little phone and packs a lot of usability with its apps, downloads and content.

What i will say is that the Android HTC interface (PC Suite) is crap and you can easily think it isn't working when you first plug it in. So that for me is something that needs to be addressed when considering the ease of use of an iPhone in iTunes.

The battery life is crap too, lasts about a day with medium to heavy usage, and here in the States it is having issues having hotmail pushed to it regularly. Having gone through many phones, blackberries, iPhones etc.. i can safely say that this is the best one i have had that resembles the iPhone for usability and functionality. Although the auto slide feature similar to the iPhone has a tendency for sliding itself off in my pocket!

182FF with cup packs
Well, my Google Nexus One turned up today.

All I can say is WOW!

This thing is FAST! Even on a crappy connection. Messing around with it in the office where it switches from 3g to 2g to 2.5g and back and forth all the time it seems to fly.

The app store is a breeze on it. Hit the button, slect the app, hit install, it downloads in the background.

The screen is phenominal. It smashed an iPhone screen right out of the park.

Connected stright to works Activesync with no issues, and to works WiFi (which is uncommon for a mobile device due to it using some screwed up PEAP implimentation).

Only messed about with it for the moment, but I can't put it down. :cool:

Also, pointless, but cool, if you do a :) smiley in a text, it converts it to a little smiling android grapic :)