ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus One

DCi
the iphone is massivley established and the google phone doesnt do anything 'new' just faster (supposedly) as far as i can tell... no reason to jump ship yet for me.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
as said the nexus destroys the iphone in all aspects on paper. will have to wait to play with a handset to see if thats true ( i have a hero and 50% of the time its slow!!!!)

iphone is only where its at now because of fancy advertisment and the ipod. this makes the iphone the leader of the market so everyone is going to jump to that for making apps etc.

one thing that android does have against the iphone is the open source!
everyone can play with the software and not void the warranty.

Android has crap dev tools, Xcode (the OS X/iPhone dev environment) is just so far ahead of any other mobile development platform it's not even funny, crap dev tools = less willing developers, why struggle when you can use decent modern tools - it's only recent development that you've been able to write 'C' applications on Android, previously the only option was java, which was quite frankly a sick joke.

Open source is not the panacea you may think, just look at the nightmare of application development under X windows, two major competing GUI frameworks is not a good thing.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
So is this any good or not. Seems expensive for what it is, but seems a decent package.

172beast

PMSL @ this thread, Iphone haters preaching that the Nexus is miles faster, then I watched the web page load video where the Iphone loaded it in seconds, minutes later then Nexus loads lol I'll stick with my Iphone thanks!

And until Google can offer as many Apps as smoothly and seamlessly as the Iphone App Store, no phone will be as good. Doesn't matter how much quicker the processor is, how good a resolution the screen is, the App store is what makes the iphone superior to anything else.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No one will catch them now. Not now the App Store is so established.

And that's just one string to it's bow. Wait until the new hardware comes out!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
might be wrong, google voice, might change everything. if everyone gets onboard with internet calling via phones....apple either has to get on board or google will pwn them

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
And it never will be until there is blanket free wifi coverage.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If internet calling enters into widespread use then we can expect to pay a high monthly premium to the mobile networks in order to have data access which includes these services. Networks are not going to kiss goodbye to their own call plan profits and will either block access to them on their network or charge you to use them.

If the iPhone is a fashion accessory, what does that make a phone that blatantly tries and fails to copy it? A piece of counterfeit car boot sale tat.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
The amount of iPhone owners posting is extremely funny. If your so sure the iPhone is great then why do you have to try and back it up? Just chill out, its a phone (A cr*p phone that can't even run two applications at once :p Which by the way explains why its so fast. Just like a PC, if your only running one application it will be relatively fast)

Ive heard about a lot of bugs with the Nexus's 3G, mainly it switching between 3G and EDGE so much that it doesnt make a connection to either..
But it looks very nice :D

BMW 330ci Clubsport
LOL. We're not backing it up. We're trying to make you see how silly your statements are.
I know attack is the best form of offence, but seriously? Silly statements? Because I pointed out the fact the iPhone can't do more than one thing at a time.. I'd rather have a Sony Ericsson K800i, even that can run multiple applications

dk

911 GTS Cab
The amount of iPhone owners posting is extremely funny. If your so sure the iPhone is great then why do you have to try and back it up? Just chill out, its a phone (A cr*p phone that can't even run two applications at once :p Which by the way explains why its so fast. Just like a PC, if your only running one application it will be relatively fast)

Ive heard about a lot of bugs with the Nexus's 3G, mainly it switching between 3G and EDGE so much that it doesnt make a connection to either..
But it looks very nice :D
i listen to music while surfing the web or facebook, surely that's using 2 apps at the same time.........

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I know attack is the best form of offence, but seriously? Silly statements? Because I pointed out the fact the iPhone can't do more than one thing at a time.. I'd rather have a Sony Ericsson K800i, even that can run multiple applications

Explain to me why this is a bonus?

While you are there explain how you do two things at once on a K800i (without switching between applications using the arrow square key)

Aside from listening to music while playing a game or using an app i can't see any benefit to multitasking on a phone.

The iPhone does multitask. It just wont let you run 2 third party apps at once (because thats stupid and not required)

E36 328
if u browse that much interent on the move, get a pc imo. i had a 2g for like 3 years, loved it. 3gs, i've used and decided against the £500 cost of it as i got bored in a week. just after something new

Id be interested in this pc u talk about that would be able to make and receive calls, do all the other stuff an iphone does and still fit in my pocket?

Please do fill me in with information of this legendary pc you speak of?

Citroen DS3 DSport
A slightly better browser speed test result for the Nexus One in comparison to the one Engadget published

[YOUTUBE]tuVyExV8SYo[/YOUTUBE]

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll wait and see what iPhone 4th gen has to offer and by that time I imagine Android will have progressed enough to be a true competitor, for now I feel it falls short of the iPhone but only by a little. I'm sure there will be some better handsets than the Nexus One available too.

Its either this of the new iphone for me. The actual retail model looks quick, quicker than the 3GS which is fast as it is!

Guess it depends which one handles best for me! But prefer the looks of the Nexus.

Has my previous question been answered yet? I'll rephrase it;

If the iPhone is such a gay, pointless fashion accessory, why is a substandard machine that tries to emulate everything about it, suddenly awesome? because it doesn't carry the Apple brand so it's cool? That's as f**king stupid as liking something just because it's Apple. Hang on...I'll move on.

Innovation is the key. As always, Apple innovated. They created a phone and OS that was so far detached from everything else at the time, the rule book was rewritten. iPhone is s**t but a poor copy is awesome? Riiiiiiight.

Has my previous question been answered yet? I'll rephrase it;

If the iPhone is such a gay, pointless fashion accessory, why is a substandard machine that tries to emulate everything about it, suddenly awesome? because it doesn't carry the Apple brand so it's cool? That's as f**king stupid as liking something just because it's Apple. Hang on...I'll move on.

Innovation is the key. As always, Apple innovated. They created a phone and OS that was so far detached from everything else at the time, the rule book was rewritten. iPhone is s**t but a poor copy is awesome? Riiiiiiight.

erm.. I have no answers... but..

Who said the iphone was a gay pointless fashion accessory?

What makes the Nexus One substandard?

What does the iphone do that the Nexus can't?

Someone earlier said it was a fashion accessory. Maybe that was another thread. It's something many people do say though.

Why is it substandard? Because it doesn't run iPhone OS.

What does the iPhone do that the N1 can't? Run iPhone OS.

Someone earlier said it was a fashion accessory. Maybe that was another thread. It's something many people do say though.

Why is it substandard? Because it doesn't run iPhone OS.

What does the iPhone do that the N1 can't? Run iPhone OS.

I'm on the fence so to speak, I have enjoyed using my mates 3GS, but also like the look of the nexus. I guess because I don't use my phone for a lot off apps and stuff I am more open to other phones.

I like the 3GS, I also quite liked using the Storm 2, although it was a bit dull. I will probably have a go with the nexus when it comes out and also wait for the new iphone too before I make my choice.

I also liked the look of the HD2 before I tried using it... thin it may be.. but it just felt far too big... I would need new larger jeans pockets!

I'm not fussed about the logo... well.. maybe the 'Moto' one is a no go!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 4 not very touch sensitive buttons at the base of the screen on the Nexus One would annoy me enough not to buy the handset.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
hmm think you missed the point roy. it has capactive touching screen. the pinch was turned off due to legal issues 'apparently' but it's firmware updateable.

it's a better phone overall, spec wise even usage wise. it only lacks app stuff which is determined by target market and the pinch bits. it on the other hand has free turn by turn nav, better camera, better screen. i'm not an apple hater but i like the idea of having something different to EVERYONE else. the bottom row of buttons do look a bit s**t mind you.

i tihnk the next htc android phone should cure all of these little issues. Android will be a major player sooner than most iphone users would like to admit imo.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
i tihnk the next htc android phone should cure all of these little issues. Android will be a major player sooner than most iphone users would like to admit imo.

If there's an Android device that's genuinely better than any iPhone out when my contract runs out (Dec '10) then i'd be more than happy to jump ship, but until then the iPhone is the king of the hill