ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus One

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Anyone else excited about it? i'm really hoping it'll be what the hero should of been in terms of performance, not sure about it running without multitouch but i guess we'll see. thought the videos etc look pretty sleek.

thoughts?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I read about it this morning...on the BBC in fact. It said that initial reports were it's nothing special. I've not looked into it though. Really lost interest in phones that do everything including scratch your arse.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
yeh i think there are a few nay sayers on it , but i'm keen as i just hate iphones.

like the idea of an unlocked handset direct from google though

have you seen the side by side pics?

this looks far far better than them old iphone things

it has win oozing out of it

rapes it on speed

rapes it on contract (i am going with the solo tmob plan - 22.50 pm, unlimited internet and unlimited text on best phone ever made??? f**king awesome)

i think they will be about £250 from google but google will not be making any money, android was never to make money and they are still making a loss on it now.

i am going to jizz in my pants when i order mine

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
hmm i think the iphone is prob going to be more responsive due to the activated mutlitouch, and all other android phones i've used seem to lack something in regard to the keyboard on screen, but i'm pretty excited about it none the less.. wonder if the UK will have the option of buying it unlocked from goole as i'd love that!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've been reading up on the Nexus One for the past few weeks and by all accounts so far it falls short of beating the iPhone. I think the coming months will see genuine iPhone 3GS beaters but then I expect that Apple's iPhone 3GS replacement will move the standard upwards once again.

Having said all of that I'm interested to hear more when Google officially announce the Nexus One tomorrow.

Last edited:
  05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Thing is though, Apple now needs to move the OS/Hardware on to another level as most phones now are starting to catch up and even past it in terms of CPU speed etc... Yes the Iphone is good, but who wants a phone that is the same 4/5 years down the line?. Software updates just isn't enough now imho....

Hopefully, the Nexus will be good enough to give the Iphone a run for its money?.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i hope so, it would be good to have apple have some decent competition. although i get the feeling newhardware is sorely needed for apple, i literally didn't buy the 3gs because it was the same as the 3g just a bit faster....was pointless...same reasoni didn't buy a 3g over a 2g...it was the same just with 3g. they need to turn it up a notch imo

flol at the comments during the loading time of the Nexus! How slow was that compared to the iphone!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's meant to be quicker than the iPhone?

LMAO. It looks sh*t. I guessed correctly.

Dry your eyes, and come back when you can even get close to the 3GS.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i hope so, it would be good to have apple have some decent competition. although i get the feeling newhardware is sorely needed for apple, i literally didn't buy the 3gs because it was the same as the 3g just a bit faster....was pointless...same reasoni didn't buy a 3g over a 2g...it was the same just with 3g. they need to turn it up a notch imo

Weird. Vast leaps forward in terms of day-to-day speed and especially browsing.

My 3G contract is due in June, just before the new hardware...allegedly :eek:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
if u browse that much interent on the move, get a pc imo. i had a 2g for like 3 years, loved it. 3gs, i've used and decided against the £500 cost of it as i got bored in a week. just after something new

I am thinking of holding out too see what the new one offers. My contract ends in April and my current phone is fucked so a cheap PAYG handset may be the option!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
actually i tihnk i'm still going to go for it, got a 9700 atm but will still have an upgrade in july nothing to lose, can sell it on if no good

My 3G contract is now up, and there is nothing to tempt me away from hanging on til june time to see if another iphone comes out.

PMSL @ 'Ste Hughes' "Best Phone ever made!!11!"

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry, it says multitouch doesnt work. Android 2.0 allows that, nexus one doesnt.

Em backwards step sir. Wins.

Load times where quite good actually. If you love a 318 machine.

What a load of rubbish actually.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Every single smartphone that comes out these days is compared to the iphone, that just shows you who the vast majority consider to be the leading phone on the market right now.

This is nothing special, android is a nice operating system but this is nowhere near as fast as an iphone, as user friendly and the one thing that puts the iphone leaps and bounds ahead of everyone and is unlikely to ever change is the applications available. So many companies have tried to make their own little app stores but they just don't get the support that the iphone's got. There is phones out there that you could argue that they are in some aspects better than an iphone, but the apps are what make the iphone what it is and no other phones going to get near that imo.

Its like windows has been since the dawn of computers. It is a heap of s**t operating system in many respects, but its the one that the industry has supported from day one, it dominates the market and theres no room for some unknown company to come in and say our operating systems better because noone will support it, games, components, etc they are all made to be compatible with windows. Mac's are slowly becoming more popular, but they are not a gaming machine and they still lack the support from alot of the manufacturers to become anywhere near as big as windows.

Every single smartphone that comes out these days is compared to the iphone, that just shows you who the vast majority consider to be the leading phone on the market right now.

This is nothing special, android is a nice operating system but this is nowhere near as fast as an iphone, as user friendly and the one thing that puts the iphone leaps and bounds ahead of everyone and is unlikely to ever change is the applications available. So many companies have tried to make their own little app stores but they just don't get the support that the iphone's got. There is phones out there that you could argue that they are in some aspects better than an iphone, but the apps are what make the iphone what it is and no other phones going to get near that imo.

Its like windows has been since the dawn of computers. It is a heap of s**t operating system in many respects, but its the one that the industry has supported from day one, it dominates the market and theres no room for some unknown company to come in and say our operating systems better because noone will support it, games, components, etc they are all made to be compatible with windows. Mac's are slowly becoming more popular, but they are not a gaming machine and they still lack the support from alot of the manufacturers to become anywhere near as big as windows.

the nexus rapes iphone on all specs on paper - its s**t loads better than iphone on speed

iphone is only popular due to ipod

iphone looks good which is why its popular - if you want a good phone you do not get an iphone, if you want a fashion accessory then you get iphone

if i pods had not been invented then iphone would be s**t and big flop

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
the nexus rapes iphone on all specs on paper - its s**t loads better than iphone on speed

iphone looks good which is why its popular - if you want a good phone you do not get an iphone, if you want a fashion accessory then you get iphone

Key words, on paper my c**k looks absolutely huge, but in real life... :dapprove:

Watch vid, you fail.

Also, iphone would of been successful without the ipod because at the time of its release there was nothing out there that even came close to it in terms of functionality, user-friendliness etc. Its taken other companies this long to get near.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Are you ignoring that video on page one?

Or the fat that the Nexus has no redeeming features?

Weird. Enjoy paying £400 for one. :cool:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
I don't think it's that bad, i don't know why people are so against moving away from iphone, but i will say that i tihnk iphone is sitll better than this overall. i'm prob not going to get one now. the lack of mutitouch seems silly and does't seem enough of a depature from my old hero.

blah blah blah

as said the nexus destroys the iphone in all aspects on paper. will have to wait to play with a handset to see if thats true ( i have a hero and 50% of the time its slow!!!!)

iphone is only where its at now because of fancy advertisment and the ipod. this makes the iphone the leader of the market so everyone is going to jump to that for making apps etc.

one thing that android does have against the iphone is the open source!
everyone can play with the software and not void the warranty.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm not against moving from the iPhone but I'll only do so when a better mobile becomes available.

My brothers got rid of his iphone for the motorola milestone (droid) It might not be quite as fast as the iphone but its perfectly useable and has more features. Think that one supports multi touch screen.

The one thing that pisses me off about the iphone is that you have to use itunes for everything which gets on my tits.

That nexus looks good if they can improve the speed of it with an update, still a shame it doesn't support multi touch.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
as said the nexus destroys the iphone in all aspects on paper. will have to wait to play with a handset to see if thats true ( i have a hero and 50% of the time its slow!!!!)

iphone is only where its at now because of fancy advertisment and the ipod. this makes the iphone the leader of the market so everyone is going to jump to that for making apps etc.

one thing that android does have against the iphone is the open source!
everyone can play with the software and not void the warranty.

Have you looked at the Hero to find out what is causing the slowness? You havent disabled vibrate when writing a text yet have you?