ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 4

O

Oakley12

Really thinking about this phone now!

Whats the battery usage like compared to tw iPhone 4?

PH2 172 & 182
mine turned up yesterday. absolutely great bit of kit. definitely too big though, digs in to my leg when i put it in my work trousers pocket

work for BMW
Anyone else received theirs after ordering it the other day when it went back into stock? I'm excited for mine hope it comes before the 13th it says it's expected

2014 Focus Titanium
mine turned up yesterday. absolutely great bit of kit. definitely too big though, digs in to my leg when i put it in my work trousers pocket

Do you wear skin-tight work trousers?! Lol. My GS3 doesn't dig in at all and it's about the same size and I wear fitted trousers :S

Anyone else received theirs after ordering it the other day when it went back into stock? I'm excited for mine hope it comes before the 13th it says it's expected

Did it not say on the website that stock was "Expected delivery 1-2 weeks?". I'm sure that's what I read when I looked, in that case no one will have received them yet. I could be wrong though!

PH2 172 & 182
Do you wear skin-tight work trousers?! Lol. My GS3 doesn't dig in at all and it's about the same size and I wear fitted trousers :S

Did it not say on the website that stock was "Expected delivery 1-2 weeks?". I'm sure that's what I read when I looked, in that case no one will have received them yet. I could be wrong though!

lol, no i dont. its a s**t shaped pocket on the side of my knee, and bending my knee makes it dig in

that 1-2 weeks thing is rubbish. mine turned up next day

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
It seems a decent phone but Google I/O is only 3 and a bit months away, I'm hanging on for a Nexus 4 replacement / upgraded version which will hopefully be announced.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It seems a decent phone but Google I/O is only 3 and a bit months away, I'm hanging on for a Nexus 4 replacement / upgraded version which will hopefully be announced.

There were alot of rumours of a new phone when they sold out and not back in stock but all claims were said to not be true..

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
It would make sense for a slightly upgraded version to be out around June to dent any Samsung/HTC/Apple offerings coming in Q2/Q3. But I know new Nexus devices are usually on a 12 month timeframe :dapprove:. I'm still rocking a Desire HD, so am desperate for an upgrade but would definitely prefer a Nexus device after HTC have been lagging with updates for their deivces in the past 12/18 months.

work for BMW
Mine just turned up !! :):) need to go get a sim adapter though so I can put my iPhone 5 sim in it

Prong

ClioSport Club Member

I got mine on Friday after ordering on Wednesday

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know how to save contacts on to it? I've moved them from icloud using CardDav but once i get rid of the app it deletes my contacts again?

2014 Focus Titanium
Surprised people are all getting theirs so quick, that's awesome. I nearly put my GS3 on ebay to order one but decided against it, now I have a FOMO :(

2014 Focus Titanium
Anyone know how to save contacts on to it? I've moved them from icloud using CardDav but once i get rid of the app it deletes my contacts again?

Tom, go to google.com/contacts via your pc and import from icloud to there, then they will magically appear on your phone :)

Mine just turned up !! :):) need to go get a sim adapter though so I can put my iPhone 5 sim in it

runs the same sim as an iphone 5

No, apple released the nano sim card for the 5, the nexus 4 used a micro sim

Just save all your contact to here, www.google.co.uk/contacts they will need sync to you google phone once you enter your account. Think you might be able to import to this also

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tom, go to google.com/contacts via your pc and import from icloud to there, then they will magically appear on your phone :)

Thanks. So much s**t on there now though..it seems to have every address i've ever emailed? lol

2014 Focus Titanium
Thanks. So much s**t on there now though..it seems to have every address i've ever emailed? lol

Back when I had an iphone I had it syncing with Google Contacts from the start so never had to do the switch so can't help you sorry dude!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ive gone through and deleted them all. Sorted now.

Just have to sort putting some music etc on now.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone's tempted by these I have a brand new spare delivered this morning. 16GB. You can have it for the price i paid.

Oh and as i thought, the phone seems awesome! Bye bye apple..

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Oh and as i thought, the phone seems awesome! Bye bye apple..

I made the "step" last november (luckily I managed to get one from the first batch) and I have zero regrets. My N7 convinced me that Android had reached a point where it wasn't a joke, so I pulled the trigger. Roll on key lime pie.

Every time I use the wifes iPhone 4 I can't believe how small the screen is!

work for BMW
The only fault I found is the chrome browser as it was
Quite slow at loading web pages so I downloaded most used browser on android the dolphin browser and omg the difference is incredible it's so much faster and easier to use with better tabs and bookmarks

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
For some reason i'm having issues getting my phone book to show on my Alpine head unit but im sure I'll sort that out..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
The only fault I found is the chrome browser as it was
Quite slow at loading web pages so I downloaded most used browser on android the dolphin browser and omg the difference is incredible it's so much faster and easier to use with better tabs and bookmarks

it took me a few days to get used to the Chrome browser, but it's actually excellent when you get used to it a little more. Tabs are more like a desktop than any mobile browser i've used before which I like, and I find it really quick too.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've not paid for either of mine yet? Strange

He ordered one, got an email saying 6 week wait time. So cancelled it, got his money back and email confirming etc. Then this morning Nexus 4 landed on his doorstep.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
He ordered one, got an email saying 6 week wait time. So cancelled it, got his money back and email confirming etc. Then this morning Nexus 4 landed on his doorstep.

Hmm. I ordered, 2 week wait. Cancelled one within 10 minutes as i put the wrong address. Both been delivered within a few days of ordering. Neither paid for. I suspect he may get charged at a later date.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Hmm. I ordered, 2 week wait. Cancelled one within 10 minutes as i put the wrong address. Both been delivered within a few days of ordering. Neither paid for. I suspect he may get charged at a later date.

Yeah I assume they will take the money in next few days. If not though then lucky sod haha.

I ordered mine on Sunday and the payment has already been taken so i assume it is on its way, however i cannot find an ETA on any of the emails i have received about it.

Also, has anyone grabbed a case for their Nexus yet?

I've been looking around and there are loads on offer, I like the look of the bumper but am unsure how much, if any protection it actually gives the phone.

Of the rest, they all look pretty similar in shape/style/design so i guess its a case of just taking the plunge?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure I can face putting a cover on mine. Has anyone found any front and rear protectors? The clear stick on thingies..

PH2 172 & 182
i ordered a black rubber case off amazon for about a fiver. certainly doesnt look as nice, but its better than scratches. i'd already dropped it a few times at work