ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 4

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I believe they are rolling out the update and you will get a notification when it is live for you.

Yeah the first update I had I just waited until the phone gave me a notification. The last one I saw it was out and then checked for updates. Boom. There it was.

Google does things on staged rollouts. Helps the load on the servers and if there is a bug that hasn't been picked up only a small number of devices are effected.

I've had it on my N4 and not N7.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Still not had my update, bit annoying considering nexus users are supposed to be the first to get updates but there are some Motorola users that have got the update already!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My n7 got the update last night, but it b0rked due to cwm. Restored the factory image this morning and its all up and running now.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've got it on my N4 now. Ridiculously quick. Seems to have improved my battery life, too. Impressed so far.

I've noticed the battery improvement as well. I wasn't sure whether I was imagining it though!

Lol. I wasn't convinced it was actually better at first, but I've been using my phone today as I normally would, and it's currently on 46%, instead of the usual 25-30%.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Got it on my N4 too now. Phone is a lot quicker. Also the battery does seem a little better but still early to say.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait to get my replacement Nexus 4 through. I've been using an iPhone 4S for the last week and a half and it's killing me.

It's slow, it dies at 20% battery, you can't share things across apps as well, the browser is slow, the screen is small, the autocorrect makes me look like I'm a spastic, battery life is horrific, Google Search just isn't as good as Google Now, and most of all, I miss continuous typing.

Anyone that doesn't see the 4 as an upgrade from an iPhone is completely idiotic.