ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 4

172 cup
I've had loads of problems getting our N4's to pick up a wifi signal

I've come from an iphone 4S and the nexus beats it in every department ... the wife had a HTC widefire s and the nexus takes a big s**t all over it

Rav4
Really considering getting a Nexus 4.

iPhone 4 with iOS7 is very slow. (yes, I know it's a 4 and not the quickest one)

I once tried a Galaxy Nexus for a month and sold it, as it was too laggy, wifi was shocking and kept crashing.

Wondering if the 5 is enough of an upgrade to wait?

Thanks,

G.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'd wait. The 4 is a brilliant phone and jellybean is very good (no lag), but google are clearing stock.

The 5 is imminent and you'd be daft to get a 4 at this moment.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
4.9 inch screen apparently. Not much bigger the 4 my mate said? Going to be very fast though according to some reports. Will be nice to see what features KitKat has too.

I've got the Samsung Nexus and the size is good. Id rather it be a bit bigger than as small as an iphone.

Really? They're going to go back two generations of phone and just make the battery worse?

You're broken.

The LG G2 has just been released, not the T-Mobile one from eons ago - http://www.anandtech.com/show/7251/lg-g2-and-msm8974-snapdragon-800-a-quick-look/3

The battery on this thing is immense. But it's going to be a 2300mh (Rumored) battery instead in the Nexus 5. I Will be going for the G2 if that is the case and just going to install an ASOP rom.

I can assure you, I am not broken.

Rav4
4.9 inch screen apparently. Not much bigger the 4 my mate said? Going to be very fast though according to some reports. Will be nice to see what features KitKat has too.

I've got the Samsung Nexus and the size is good. Id rather it be a bit bigger than as small as an iphone.

I had the Samsung Nexus and I thought it was crap. Slow/juddery and would restart often plus only 512ram I think.

Looking forward to this Nexus 5 though. If the screen is massive, I will get the Nexus 4 (If I can find one)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Random question; I am on holiday at the moment and have turned data roaming and mobile data off on my Nexus 4. However, by the signal, there is an "R" symbol where the data speed is usually shown (H, 3G etc). I'm worried that the phone will be using data despite the fact I've turned it off. Anyone else had this?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, it's just telling you that you're not connected to your home network, that's all.

If you want peace of mind, open up a web browser and try to go to google.com, it won't work if you've turned data off.

Bumder With A Buffer
The LG G2 has just been released, not the T-Mobile one from eons ago - http://www.anandtech.com/show/7251/lg-g2-and-msm8974-snapdragon-800-a-quick-look/3

The battery on this thing is immense. But it's going to be a 2300mh (Rumored) battery instead in the Nexus 5. I Will be going for the G2 if that is the case and just going to install an ASOP rom.

I can assure you, I am not broken.

This is why im torn between "waiting" to see how good the 5 will be or getting a Nexus 4 (Been putting it off for about 6 months now)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
No longer available on play store along with like I say they seem to be £160- £200 on eBay I think its a fair price to include postage and fees.

Anyone interested please make an offer if you think its over priced.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats. It doesn't make them rare and sought after devices though they don't start to increase in price like a classic car.

Check the eBay prices, as I say range from £160-200 for sale now over the last week I've seen them go for between £180 and £200.

Only thing I can respect out of your posts is the fact you haven't clogged up the for sale thread, besides as said above if its priced too high people can make an offer or I can put it on eBay / reduce the price accordingly.

Congrats. It doesn't make them rare and sought after devices though they don't start to increase in price like a classic car.

At what point did I say any of that? Calm down with that lip.

As Matt has said £180 is around the selling price at the minute, just because the new one has come out doesn't mean the price is going to drop.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
At what point did I say any of that? Calm down with that lip.

As Matt has said £180 is around the selling price at the minute, just because the new one has come out doesn't mean the price is going to drop.

Less of that please. And I don't get how people will pay the same as a new one cost for a used one

Lets stick with your analogy for a minute, should no one ever post a clio in the for sale thread on this forum then?

You're a r****d. I am saying I wouldn't post anything on his fs thread to put off buyers.