ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf VR6 race

Skoda Fabia vRS

well ive only read the last page of this, but chill out guys

each to there own !

every single car has its advantages an disadvantages, simple as that

I have a VR6

10 yr old car quite standhttp://wwwered apart from the air filter and chip and if u want to count the back box then there is that aswell..

and the chip is only to match the air to the fuel..

so what do u think your chancers are matey as my mate 2Live has a williams

and we have had a lot of fun racing and i know am either on his bumper or he is on mine no matter how bad the corner is..so i am willing to race u when ever

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8

My girlfriend has a 1800 Mk1 Golf GTI Y-reg.......and believe me whan i say it is NO match for My Clio 16v...Handling/acceleration/Topspeed.

It just isnt as much fun to drive, very heavy feeling compared to the nible Clio.

Albeit a very nice, retro lookin reliable(ish) car, its 20yrs old and rattles to F***

Si

Quote: Originally posted by mk1-gti on 27 February 2003

out of date/style.i dont own this car and my concourse winning one because i have to,if i wanted something newer id buy it.ive spent £7000 maintaining/modifying it,thats without buying it for £1800.its very ignorant to say its out of date,dont you think yours will be one day,or will it become a classic.no youll probably move with the times and forget about it unlike a real motoring enthusiast.180bhp with standard head and cams.

http://www.performancevwmag.com/classifieds/photos/8416.jpg
oooo.....agree to the point that you make with std head and cam....no way jose.

williams and trophy

hehe greeny u fuka

dont reckon ud be anywhere near me on the bends now lol

even further away than before;)

SMALL WHEELS??????????????

9X14S,I THINK YOUR WHEELS ARE PROBABLY SMALL EH,WHAT ARE THEY 7.5X16S OR SUMMET,ID CONSIDER THAT A SMALL WHEEL.EEEEE I LOVE DIFFARENT THINKING.

OOOOOO AGREE TO THE POINT THAT YOU MAKE WITH STANDARD HEAD AND CAMS-------------WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS?

GREENY,MY MATE HAS A STANDARD VR,AND I KICK HIS ASS,MK3 VR WEIGHS NEARLY DOUBLE THE WEIGHT OF A MK-1.

AND MINES SOON TO BE REBUILT WITH STEEL CRANK,RODS,BALANCED,LIGHTENED,4+E BOX.I GOT A NICE BANK MANAGER!

AND THEN COMES THE HEAD WITH 3 ANGLE VALVE SEATS,MAGNESIUM VALVES,PORTED/POLISHED,AND 300 DEGREE CAMS.WHO NEEDS A TICKOVER????????????

i meant that you wont get that sort of power on the std head and cam....

As for the short motor, all that work is on par with a nice motor, nothiing too spesh and wont GIVE you any extra power, it will ALLOW you to make more, if you do it properly.

3 angle seats......*yawn* industry std

Mag valves.......point being...they are not thermally stable, nor strong and will suffer more than distortion due to strength. Ti is better but again, not worth it on a rd engine......even on a race one. I would stick with 21/4N valves......even then, the not so good 3 groove collet design on the VW can suffer from distorsion.

Ported poslihed head....this means nothing to anybody apart from the guy who made it. I gasflow and work heads and its a very generic term....please dont quote stages at me either. I can sell you a std head that has been toouched witha flap wheel then a polish and tell you its ported and polished. And if you knew, polishing is NOT good for power as decent fuel suspension and mixture is not attained due to a lack boundary tubulance. You can also experience large scale fuel dropout at low rpm with a polished surface.....if the guy told u polishing is good.......then run, now walk away.

If you want a fabulous head, for relatively little cost......email me.....i gaurantee to beat their price...I will also tailor the valve seat geometry and bowls to the cam you are planning if you provide specs...if not, its not sucha big deal.

benrushworth@hotmail.com

And what do u know about anything 2 live..
i would beet u your wife and 2 kids on my push bike..well thats if u are driving

he he he
some times its hard to tell who is driving u or K as u both drive like chicks

cant wait to see u saterday night matey if i am racing u i guess i dont need to get my frunt wheel fixed

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 February 2003

??????? I allready have this power,its only just been set up on the rollers,which were calibrated a week before.do you know what spec it is?

its a 1.8 i6 valve from with 2.0l long throw crank and 2.0l pistons with new 45 webbers and a heat wrapped ashley 4 branch manifold.

as 4 the rest cheers m8,some good info there which ill consider after this years main shows are over.ive copied it to a file.

williams and trophy

heh cheeky tw@ greeny mate lol

well have to have a proper side by side to tell i reckon

well find out tom nite

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 February 2003

??????? I allready have this power>>175bhp @6600rpm,its only just been set up on the rollers,which were calibrated a week before.do you know what spec it is?

its a 1.8 i6 valve rebuilt to 2.0 spec with 2.0l long throw crank and 2.0l pistons with new 45 webbers and a heat wrapped ashley 4 branch manifold.

as 4 the rest cheers m8,some good info there which ill consider after this years main shows are over.ive copied it to a file.

Eh!!???

if you knew anything you would know that its not possible. The std head head and cam combination WILL NOT PHISICALLY allow that much poewr due to the fact that it will not be processing enough air/min. The std cam falls off and you start loosing power.

a 1.8 16V with 2ltr crank is a 2 ltr then!!! no need on teh specifics, but did you check of the 1.8ltr pistons wouldnt of increased compression?

And then we come to RRs. Calibration means JACK when it boils down to flywheel calculations, which is all it is. Net final result is a calculated guess....nothing more. There are far too many variable to have a definite answer and the ONLY way is to stick it on a dyno, in which case you still wont get that perfect reading due to a few niggles which i wont get into.

If you get 140bhp at the wheels, then i can sinply adj the variables and test conditions as well as rolling losses to give youanythingf rom 141bhp - 240bhp.......so, dont believe everything everybody says, take it with a pinch of salt. They want u to come back........more moolah! if they say 140bhp, and the next person says 160..you will go back to teh 160 guy.....

Std, the 16V makes a peak of 135bhp right, so with teh std cam, you wil reach peak viable VE, so......by increasing capacity, you will not increase max power, but increase torque as the cam will still only allow the same theoretical VE as before on teh 1.8 block.......

ignore my spelling, i really typre too fast for my brain....i tend to press the final letter before the middle letter in most cases....lol

too live
i will go side by side with u any day...better than u being behind me u gay lord

he he he
i will race u to the golden M

oh...
and about tomorrow night, if the roads are like they are tonight i cant grip in any gear so side ways spring to mind more than side by side

Quote: Originally posted by mk1-gti on 27 February 2003

out of date/style.i dont own this car and my concourse winning one because i have to,if i wanted something newer id buy it.ive spent £7000 maintaining/modifying it,thats without buying it for £1800.its very ignorant to say its out of date,dont you think yours will be one day,or will it become a classic.no youll probably move with the times and forget about it unlike a real motoring enthusiast.180bhp with standard head and cams.

http://www.performancevwmag.com/classifieds/photos/8416.jpg
Im sorry mate but go on any council estate and youll see cars like this, along with old VR6s that have been bastardised with alloyz and zorsts. My 172 Cup might not be a classic but in 2 years time Ill be driving something else...unlike you. You might have a Golf V5 then.

i dont understand you,

the 16 valve makes 140bhp.

the head is off a 2.0 corrado,its a kr block which is cast as a 1.8.

it was on the rollers to set up the brand new webbers,why would the reading be wrong,we all know its a general read out on the dynos,as when other cars go on u get a difference which is the whole point isnt it,so its pointless to go into silly generalisations.its jetted for high rpm which is fine but,he couldnt get the slow running jet correct cos like you say the head and cams are restricting flow and affects tickover.its not like im bragging about having a measly 175 brake!

as 4 going back,ive never bought anything from them and never will cos its a minisport centre.

so in 2 yrs time will u be buying another girls car or maybe u will be getting left behind again by the boys on the council estates!!! like always

he he he

Quote: Originally posted by Greeny on 28 February 2003

so in 2 yrs time will u be buying another girls car or maybe u will be getting left behind again by the boys on the council estates!!! like always

he he he
No just getting the latest cutting edge hot hatch

Quote: Originally posted by Rallye-King on 28 February 2003

Im sorry mate but go on any council estate and youll see cars like this, along with old VR6s that have been bastardised with alloyz and zorsts. My 172 Cup might not be a classic but in 2 years time Ill be driving something else...unlike you. You might have a Golf V5 then.
wtf are u talkin about,my car is an out n out weekend/show car!!!!!!!

along with my standard concourse winning black one,WHICH COST ME £5000-YES £5000 FOR AN A PLTE CAR!!!!!!!!

council estate?????????

my alloys were £250 each without tyres,DO THEY LOOK LIKE YOUR AVERAGE 5 SPOKE?NO COS THERE IMPORTED FROM GERMANY AND ARE 9X14S,MM YEAH YOU SEE A LOT OF THESE ON THE ROAD.WTFthe FULL-STAINLESS was £380,the COILOVERS were £600,i dont think ill bother going through the £15000 IN RECIEPTS I HAVE FOR THE CAR.MY THIRD EVERY DAY CAR IS A JETTA.

DOES IT SOUND LIKE I LIVE ON A COUNCIL ESTATE????????????????????????????????

your obviously a very boring person to state that if i have mods like these(good quality ones at that) that i live on a council estate?????wtf.OR THAT IM a boy racer im a CLASSIC car enthusiast,your obviously not as passionate as me.

Quote: Originally posted by Greeny on 28 February 2003

am keeping mine for about 3...got to do the house aswell so cant aford anything till then
Fair enough mate, I thought there must have been a reason you were driving a VR6

btw
i dont live on 1 either..
he he he, mines more like a mud hut

but am happy well unless its a rainy night like tonight

Quote: Originally posted by mk1-gti on 28 February 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rallye-King on 28 February 2003

wtf are u talkin about,my car is an out n out weekend/show car!!!!!!!

along with my standard concourse winning black one,WHICH COST ME £5000-YES £5000 FOR AN A PLTE CAR!!!!!!!!

council estate?????????

my alloys were £250 each without tyres,the FULL-STAINLESS was £380,the COILOVERS were £600,i dont think ill bother going through the £15000 IN RECIEPTS I HAVE FOR THE CAR.MY THIRD EVERY DAY CAR IS A JETTA.

DOES IT SOUND LIKE I LIVE ON A COUNCIL ESTATE????????????????????????????????

your obviously a very boring person to state that if i have mods like these(good quality ones at that) that i live on a council estate?????wtf.OR THAT IM a boy racer im a CLASSIC car enthusiast,your obviously not as passionate as me.
Im sorry..most < MK4 Golfs are Max Powered now. I am indeed a boring person.....i would never spend 7000 on mods.....so what do you drive for your every day car??

i dont understand you,

the 16 valve makes 140bhp.

the head is off a 2.0 corrado,its a kr block which is cast as a 1.8.

it was on the rollers to set up the brand new webbers,why would the reading be wrong,we all know its a general read out on the dynos,as when other cars go on u get a difference which is the whole point isnt it,so its pointless to go into silly generalisations.its jetted for high rpm which is fine but,he couldnt get the slow running jet correct cos like you say the head and cams are restricting flow and affects tickover.its not like im bragging about having a measly 175 brake!

as 4 going back,ive never bought anything from them and never will cos its a minisport centre.
ok, now the spec has changed AGAIN!

its now a 2ltr head, with std 2ltr cams....where is the 1.8 in that!

brand new webbers, 10yr old webbers, wont make a diff......

And ho do you jet for high airspeed only!!!!

3 stages, idle progression and WOT. each has thier own jetting, so you can tailor each stage to work as best it can. And since your running std head and cams, with less duration and small amounts of overlap, with a opened up LCA, velocity and VE at low rpms will be great! Hence, getting it to run good at low rpm should be a sinch!?!???!!!?!? and you WONT have the flow at HIGH rpm, not LOW rpm......man.....your not into knowing what you doing are you....but nice car anyway.

You had 175bhp as the general readout!??? your pushing well over the 220bhp mark then!!!

"we all know its a general read out on the dynos,as when other cars go on u get a difference which is the whole point isnt it,so its pointless to go into silly generalisations."

I really done understand this, so i wont bother.....it sounds like a huge contradiction.

But at the end.....a 35bhp gain aint that much...all im sying is you wont get that from a set of 45s alone....exhaust exsmaust......it wont make a huge diff.

again, you didnt mention it being a 2ltr...yo said 1.8 at the begining......then 2ltr block, now a 1.8ltr casting with 2ltr internals, and a 2ltr head.....man, you have confused me to the point of useless dribble.

THANK YOU FOR REALISING IM NOT A TYPICAL BOY RACER.

MOST OF THE £7K HAS GONE INTO RESTORING THE CAR.ITS NOT LIKE IVE STUCK STUPID SPOILERS ON OR ANYTHING,MORE LIKE TOOK THINGS OFF TO GIVE A SMOOTHER (EURO)LOOK.ITS JUST LIL DIFFARENCES LIKE THE SINGLE HEADLIGHT 5 SLAT GRILL AND CROSS HAIR/TINTED HEADLIGHTS ALSO IMPORTED FROM GERMANY.THE CONCOURSE 1 HAS DONE 50K MILES AND WILL NEVER BE DRIVEN AGAIN,IT IS A BRAND NEW MK1.MY EVERY DAY CAR IS A JETTA,THE WIFE LIKES THE BOOT SPACE FOR SHOPPING.

OK BEN R,LETS CALL IT A DAY ON THAT CONVERSATION,BUT IF I HAVE A COMPUTER PRINT OUT THAT STATES 175BHP THEN I KNOW IVE GOT SOMETHING ROUND THAT MARK,AS HAVE EVERY ONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN ON THE RR.THE WEBBERS FROM DEMON TWEEKS ACTUALLY STATE A 35BRAKE INCREASE.SHALL I SCAN THE PRINTOUT!LOL:D

haha......put it to sleep! lol

but very very nice MK1....but i prefer ATS cups...in anthracite, like that met Green monster!

THANK YOU FOR REALISING IM NOT A TYPICAL BOY RACER.

MOST OF THE £7K HAS GONE INTO RESTORING THE CAR.ITS NOT LIKE IVE STUCK STUPID SPOILERS ON OR ANYTHING,MORE LIKE TOOK THINGS OFF TO GIVE A SMOOTHER (EURO)LOOK.ITS JUST LIL DIFFARENCES LIKE THE SINGLE HEADLIGHT 5 SLAT GRILL AND CROSS HAIR/TINTED HEADLIGHTS ALSO IMPORTED FROM GERMANY.MY EVERY DAY CAR IS A JETTA,THE WIFE LIKES THE BOOT SPACE FOR SHOPPING.

Dont sound so insecure......deep breahes...chill!!

btw for £7000 you could have bought a nice 306 GTi-6

YEAH ATS ARE NICE,PREFER THE OPEN 5 SPOKES ON THE RH THOUGH.

IM GONNA LEAVE U ALL ALONE NOW ANYWAYS,IM INTO CARS IN A DIFFAERENT WAY I THINK,ILL BE GOING TO MY UNIT TONIGHT AND CONTINUE POLISHING THE BONNET CATCH AND REMOVING WAXOYL FROM THE BLACK 1.

PEACE...

CLASSIC CAR ENTHUSIAST.

MAKE THAT 1-1 COS I OWN THE BEST/MINTEST/ORIGINAL MK1 GTI IN THE COUNTRY,NOT THE MARS RED 1.DO YOU OWN THE BEST RENAULT IN THE COUNTRY? JUS JOKIN,GOIN,GOIN,GONE.

1-1.