ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf VR6 race

hehe,ohh well u lot just keep on sticking on big ugly spoilers that are bigger than my front room/which are pointless pieces of plastic.u obviously dont know anything about the euro look,just carry on with your stupidly tall skinny wheels which actually make your french s**t handle worse,than they allready do.trumpets too small?well they are 45s.im sorry u had a nova but seems youve gone more downhill since eh?

clear clusters,no i now have inpro m3 ones which are very good quality so youve probably never heard of them.people really piss me off when they stick as much sh*te on their car as they can.

as 4 being in the seventies,errrr no little boy ure obviously not aware that people out there are into classic cars!!!like the original mk1 golf gti,and i dont think any renault quite has the same classic status.

goodbye.this is my second and last post.

isnt there a vw site coz they seem to keep comin on here givin us sh*t.

when i first saw the picture of the golf i almost cryed, how could they possibly do that to my grandads car?

Thought someone had stolen the engine?;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

LOL, dont u just love this rival forum gang crap. People coming and going round each forum if anything is said about anything. Its all a good laugh but no need to start getting all defensive and insulting. On both parts. Everyone has their own tastes and I dont give a flying fuk what anyone thinks, its all down to personal taste.

renault doesnt have history over vw?? - lol!!

vw have the mk1 golf gti

mk2 golf gti

mk3 golf gti

mk4..... blah blah u get the drift....

renault have: alpine a610

clio 16v/williams

sport spider

clio cup clio v6

1st fullt approved road safety tested car. - laguna

1st ever people carrier - espace

etc. etc. u may add more of u wish peeps but i think theres my point.....

A MK1 Golf may be a classic car but THAT car sure isnt!!

Your English is shocking - your car is ugly - your insults dont even insult us!

Feel like a bit of a failure - ill get the samaratins no for you.

tall skinny tyres?? What are you going on about?? I own a Williams not a Tricycle!!

WTF are you going on about and sticking sh1te on our cars? 16V/Williams came out of the box good enough not to have to mod them in anyway - hardly anycars are modded on here!! - unlike your Golf - which you seem to think needed major modding??!

you on day release? or is it half term? or both?

Quote: Originally posted by adams_2k on 25 February 2003

Bad taste I know but.....

I think that is the most sensible post on this thread ! (bar what i posted !)

Listen to yourselves ! You are arguing over car interiors ffs ! Italians are the only people to make good looking car interiors, and none of us own one, so lets all shut up and put this one to bed !

p.s - and before anyone says anything, i know scoobs have sh*te interiors, but that aint the reason i drive the car is it ! ;)

Dicks. 1.4 16v over a VR6 my arse! get over your big bore!

and as for clio motorsport over VW motorsport get a grip

Ive got a 1.3 that would piss over most of the cars in here. its a multiple world record holder.

its a Polo G40 and if any of you ever come up against one from the lights youll be put to shame.

piss of with your fanny 1400cc 16v and 172s VW motorsport still rules

"its a Polo G40 and if any of you ever come up against one from the lights youll be put to shame. " wasted one of those no problem before now (not in my Clio, but in my FRST) - not very quick and should only be driven by Grannies.

Why dont you VW lot just stay in your forum as your just plain annoying and full of hot air - LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Fiesta RS Turbo - with mild mods - you are a to$$er arent you - most of us love most hot hatches and I like G40s as my workmate used to own one - why do you bother to come here and just generally sl*g all the cars off - are we on Club Gti sl*gging off your cars NO so bu66er off!!! GO AWAY WE DONT CARE ABOUT G40S G60S OR G-STRINGS (well ignore the last one)

Megane R26

No wonder these VW guys are getting so upset, its gotta be a kick in the teeth for the new GTi owners when the GT TDi has got more grunt than their petrol versions!!!! ;)

ok, ok, i have managed to hold back so far(it has been hard) i own a clio 16v. My close firend is a vee dub enthusiast, he has driven EVERY performance VW ever made. he now owns a G60 which had major work at DUBsport and is pretty quick to say the least. After listening to me, coming out in my car, losing to me on corners(obviously we test our cars;)) etc. etc. he is seriously considering buying a williams. His arguments were the same as every VeeDub head that has been on here, my car is reliable blah blah blah. He soon realised that owning a performance vehicle is about FUN not reliability! And if VW are so amazing, why does there 2.8 V6 produce 174BHP and renaults small 2l 4pot produce 172BHP? No wonder your cars are reliable, they are in no state of tune! anyway, i know i would rather own a clio, and when it breaksdown on me, the money i have saved on NOT insuring a VeeDub and NOT maintaining a VeeDub, and NOT pouring stupid amounts of petrol into my 2.8 V6 to keep up with 172s i will spend on another PERFORMANCE vehicle, that i can have FUN in, who cares if it is not reliable! Anyway, so far my mates G60 has done 110k, EVERY part of the car has been changed, gearbox, coilovers, bushes, clutch, radiator.....doesnt sound very reliable to me. AND when the G60 was in DUBsport for reapairs my mate was givena standard G60, which we tested and surprise surprise! my clio 16v was quicker! so even with the aid of a S/C VW still couldnt beat a clio 16V. You are all sad hippy geeks, who dont know when it is time to move on, VW gets sh*tter by the day and you are fighting an up-hill battle by living in the past! VW enthusiasts, you do NOT know it all.

Revels Mum & Sister

Quote: Originally posted by carl fleming on 25 February 2003

frst?

fastest production 1.3 ever made 0-60 6.9secs top end 140mph. piss off with your crappy french tin cans

I wasnt aware we were driving tin cans. Thought they were cars. Never mind. Yeah 6.9 my fecking bumhole!!!! Like was said try 8.1. Plus if your talking about small engined modded cars.

K-TEC Ren 5 GT Turbo. 0-60 - 4.89 secs. Yeah thats really slow. Would like to see some of these German tanks take on some bad boys like that.

The only reason why golfs dont fall apart is because there panels are made out of 50" Galvanised steel sheets!!! And they keep getting heavier!!

big fat heavy thats all whats all this tin business i have an aluminium bonnet both strong and light.. better than galvanised steel TOO Fattttttttt

Quote: Originally posted by CarlosTheJackel on 25 February 2003

A MK1 Golf may be a classic car but THAT car sure isnt!!
errrr yes it is,its a 1983 mk1 golf gti isnt it?

it may be modded but my real pride and joy is my black one which has done 50k from new with full history and is in better condition than a new car,multiple concourse winner(do you know what that means)thats why it cost me five grand.as i said im into classic cars and this is just my weekend toy-so do i need the samaritans?no im doing fine thankyou.

Um, im gonna get flamed, but.......after reading....the point has been lost and its turning very boring......

down to the point where people are not recognising a decent car.

I like/love MK1s......its not quite a classic but an emerging one.

And that one, that has got some work on it, rot free, tidy tidy paint, no silly mods bar the clear lenses, and euro wheels......but saying that, they look better than bigfoot 18" dustbin lids....

The engine....although the 16v AINT a great design, with twin 45s and some decent work, they push out enough. As for the post about trumpets (cant remember who), the longer the better!!?? where did u get that? they are specific to what works best. Read up on pulse tuning.

I drive a very fast MK1 XR2.....are you going to tell me its sh*t because the paint is not perfect and its an XR2.....its faster than most cossies round the track.....

Please, do we really need this?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well I would agree that a lot of Clios are driven by women, but I have never once seen a RenaultSport Clio 172 driven by a women (yes I know there are some on here).

I didnt realise how much of a visual difference there is until I was in my 172 and saw another one at a set of lights (at a 90 degree angle to me) it was immediatly obvious that it was a 172.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

my point being is that i agreed, a lot of the clios are driven by women, but the top end models eg 172s and V6s all appear to be driven by men.

Women generally dont care about performance, they just go for the looks and and engine that will get them from a to b

Same goes with golfs, but I would have to say I have seen a lot of women drving the GTis ...

ps. whos comment was more pointless yours or mine ?;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Didnt take any/Wasnt intending any, the ps bit was meant as a joke.. it amazing how people can read the posts differently than you intended.

I will put a smilie in it..

now read my post again, see what a difference a smilie can make :)

typical golf owner my sister who thinks her 1.8 is quickedr than my clio cause it has no roof thus its liter.... (Her actual words)

Just come across this thread...made me chuckle i must admit. All these VW owners with ancient out of date/style cars going on about build quality......priceless!!!

out of date/style.i dont own this car and my concourse winning one because i have to,if i wanted something newer id buy it.ive spent £7000 maintaining/modifying it,thats without buying it for £1800.its very ignorant to say its out of date,dont you think yours will be one day,or will it become a classic.no youll probably move with the times and forget about it unlike a real motoring enthusiast.180bhp with standard head and cams.

http://www.performancevwmag.com/classifieds/photos/8416.jpg