ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf VR6 race

Today i had a bit of a do with a golf vr6 he pulled out on me and i thought he would put his foot down but no he was happy to pull out on me and slow me right down so i overtook him and carried on as usual.He decided that he didnt like been overtaken by a meer clio so decided to get inches away from my back bumper.We came to a few 90 degree bends so i thought lets see what he is made of not a lot as it happens left him for dead on the corners driffting over the other side of the road him not me.Must have felt a right prick in front of his girlfriend.I came to a line of 4 cars so slowed down no point in killing my self not this prick he decides to overtake the 4 cars and me on a series of 2 blind bends dick head.The cars in front turned off leaving a clear road ahead me at boiling point thinking what a dick so put my foot down and caught him up a few miles down the road he tried to leave me sure he was ahead but he couldnt leave me in the distance so my thoughts are what a bag of sh*t golfs are give me my clio any day by the way its only a 1400 16 valve should have a sign saying you have been pissed off by a 1400cc car piss them off further.

Revels Mum & Sister

Hehe Nice on mate. Yeah the golfs arent brilliant on the twisties quite heavy at front on the VR6 I would Imagine.

Engine Half the size as his as well!!

NICE

what a load of arse, youre presently being made a fool of on our forum, the VAG scene has cars quicker than your french rust buckets could ever be......deal with it

i dont hate clios, just only name i could think of lol - im from ClubGTI. Mate is ivegota16V off here - just these rediculous stories annoy me, people with cars like that 1.4 acually thinking that the VR was trying *if it ever actually happened *

he must have thought, im driving a 2.8 V6, why do i want to bother with a weedy little shoebox on wheels,

i like my mates valver, just not crappy stories like this!

Revels Mum & Sister

Hehe

What a penis. See they are really grown up as well. Nice. Little boys. Expect he drives a Golf Driver or some piece of sh*t.

He wasnt attcking your precious Golfs. I nearly bought a VR6. Just saying the way it is. No one on here protests to owning a car without faults.

Cars faster than we will ever be. Ok then mate whatever. Not the size of it but what you do with it!! Sure thats what your missus tells you anyway ;)

LOL well I minced a couple VR6s in my old FRST and did fancy a VR6 before getting my Willie but wanted something that could handle brilliantly (not a VR6) and looked good (VR6s are boring). My workmate has one but thankfully hes far more intelligent than clio_hater.

320d M Sport

im sorry but i kinda agree, dont see how a 1.4 clio could even compare to a VR6? Theyre very capabale machines, corner or not you should have been toast.

i drive a mk2 8V GTI - i dont profess to be able to beat a clio valver, equally i wouldnt expect 1.4s to beat me, coz they wouldnt

as for the speed thing, i keep hearing about this 300bhp clio, all i say is get your ass down to santa pod and watch the dubsport/jabbasport/dialynx boys piss all over you!

the handle like boats the only gti they ever made was the mk1.. the mk2 was pretty good though ever after that crap... Renault has far more sporting heritage than VW

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah but someone who can drive could easily piss all over you on the twisties!! He didnt say on a straight line.

And so what if they would no one gives a f**k to be honest. It is a New development just like when new developments come out you probably get all excited.

No one has turboed a 16V properly before!!

SURE he will be down Santa Pod without a doubt giving it a good go!!!

Oh and while on the topic of cars you cant compare my cousin struggeld to keep up with me while he was in a W reg scoob turbo and my in a 205 1.9D - all because of the corners - once out of the twisties he vanished. The Golf VR6 is hardly renowned for its tremendous handling. I am a golf fan (well 1-3 anyway) but i can believe the above story - we dont know how good the vr6s tyres were - if the above clio raced my williams at the current point in time I would be stuffed as my tyres are shot.;)Oh and welcome

at least a couple of you guys on here are honest, if he was trying i suggest the VR gets down the garage ASAP to get his power back up to normal levels!

Revels Mum & Sister

You werent there like we werent.

But there aint any need to come in sl*gging of our cars and saying this would piss all over yours. If you dont have anything constructive to say!!........

Dont see any of us on your boards acting like a child!!!

read earlier up, i said i dont hate them, just this is an amusing name for my reason i joined - i like certain ones and i like people who tell the truth about car races

Just a few questions for clio_hater. Do the mk 2s with power steering have a quicker rack than those without. I used to have a mk2 8v and it was honnestly only second to a f reg fiesta pop in terms of being the worst drivers car that I have ever driven. The metro 1.1s that it replaced was loads more fun on b roads. The only good thing about the golf was the economy and gearbox. Oh and the feedback was pretty amazing but the car turned in so slow you were more limited by the geometry than the overall grip. Mine was a H reg and in alright nick totally standard so maybe you can sort the suspension but you would definetly need a quicker rack or it wouldnt be worth it. maybe you can tell me wrong but that car was a shed, it was cheap to run though. Quarter miles are for americans and other people who dont get cars, someone will always rinse you in a straight line.

Revels Mum & Sister

Maybe so. But no need to go about it the way you have.

You arent going to get many friends acting like that. Plus even if he wasnt telling the truth. Sure people on your forum do it as well.

If you dont hate them why say this!

"quicker than your french rust buckets could ever be......deal with it"

sl*ging our cars off isnt the way to go. Also a Clio 16V is less prone to rust than a 1.4?? Many people on this post have said how they like Golfs. I nearly bought one myself. What people dont like is your attitude.

Yaknow, I really like ClubGTI for one reason - theres lots of 5 door cars.. you dont get the "you got too many doors" or "why bother when you can get a 3 door".

*er.. lets get back on topic. Sorry for the off topic rubbish. :D

Daz.

320d M Sport

right then, weve all had our pop!! enough slanging its doing my head in. God! We get genuine posts on here that take ages for people to reply to, and then we get cack where it turns into "mines better than yours" type affair and magically everyone replies!! Lets draw a line under it before we turn into SSC........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quite like the look of the current Golf.. The new one looks like its going the same way everything else is. Very Civic. Hehe.

Daz.

Yeah the current one isnt bad but I drive one at work every day so thats probably why I think it looks boring.

in clio haters defense his golf is rather nice, slammed , coilovers, 17"s wing vent, full scorpion probably the hardest suspension id ever been in!!!

We have had many a debate about the VAG scene, infact they last so long that we agree to disagree!!!

well mr clio hater as somebody said it was round the twisty bits he was trashed and he was trashed also his brains were in his arse nobody overtakes on a double blind bend it not only endangers them selves but others.Oh and by the way he was trying trying very hard and yes given that my car only has 98bhp i would say that i have a better car.Carnt stand people who think that just because they go and buy themselves a big 2.8 that they wont be over taken by a piddly little car and get the shock of their lives when it keeps up with them.I could go on but carnt be arsed to argue it was beaten fair and square end of story

vr6s are amazining in a staight line like santa pod thats why big dub is mad. i assume you know that light blue mad machine twin engine?

why dont we settle this by having a group gathering at santa,

we will bring the 1.4 16v and you bring a vr6.:p he he

they are a fast car especially top end. I had a race with one i had the bird in the car he was on his own, he tried undertaking me the cheeky mailto:tw@t">tw@t off a sweeper on a dual carriageway i heard him drop it down a gear. I had the aircon switched on which slows me big time, as i forgot about it i floored it in 4th not enough revs but he only got level with my rear bumper he stayed like that for what seemed ages then he turned off. I think he might of had the advantage due to the stupid greedy engine, but i had the aircon, bird and caught by suprise, so i do think my clio is rapid enough to hold one off. i love the 172 its brill fun sounds a bit like a touring car when i change on 7k bwaaaar, bwaaaaaaar its cool:devilish:

CTR EK9 turbo

youre right there 172man. Especially the mk.1s eh? ;) hehe.

Try taking your cold air feed pipes off your airbox (disconnect) - then youl hear a nice induction noise at 7k rpm!

The new Golf V look better in the flesh but handles even worse that the present Golf. The only half decent VW at the moment for performance and handling is the the Lupo GTi

My source for this info is my brother who is a test driver for Bentley Motors and has been to Germany to test all the new VAG cars.

Currently driving a VW Pheaton W12 which also handles like a boat:)

lupo GTIs are awesome. Ive got a couple of mates who are brothers. One has a 172, the other a 162 Cup or something like that? I think thats right, ones imported, the other is UK - very quick little cars - but prefer the look of ivegota16vs - nice car, slammed

Right, i feel i am qualified to answer this debate, been totally neutral, but having driven both cars quite extensively. First of all, girlfriend had a 1.4 16v, which she has no got rid, for a mini, which i must amid is superior in everyway. And mother-in-law had a VR6, which was swapped for a Golf GT TDI PD 130 bhp.

The clio, i never did get used to that driving position, my knees hit the dash, and it was like steering a london bus, and i am only 5ft 10 ! Anyway, to drive it was ok, steering was a bit light, but intial turn in was good. Engine need revving, and lacked a bit of grunt low down, but it is a 1.4 after all.

The VR6 is more of a cruiser, than a hot hatch, that lazy V6 up front is just so smooth, and pulls from rest to redline with no fuss what so ever. The guy who mentioned tyres hit the nail on the head, these are very important. If the front tyres are shot then it wheel spin city im afraid. However these cars are not slow. They weigh 1220 kilos, 15 kilos lighter than my classic shaped scoob, and have a power to weight ratio of 145 bhp per tonne. Your fabled 172 is 156bhp per tonne. I supsect that the 1.4 16v is Significantly lower ! Everybody goes on about these cars having a heavy front end, this is true, but it is no worse than a mondeo v6, of alfa 156 v6, both of which i has also driven.

You could tell the difference between the engine weight in the clio and golf for sure, but it was not significant, certainly not enough for it to be troubled by a Clio 1.4 16v. If the guy in the VR6, had bald front tyres, had no air in them,it was raining heavily, he was a crap driver then your story might be true, but if the above were true, he could have been in a evo and you still would have left him.

My point is, that the VR6 is a good cruiser and would do itself proud against many a car. Why do people have to comment a cars handling traits, when those same people havent even been in the particular type of car, let alone driven one.

The guy in the VR6s standard of drving at the end cannt be excused, if it is in fact true, and the guy who said he lost a race because he had his aircon "on" - thats an absolute classic, i will remeber that one, actually, i lost a race once with a 355,but i did have a couple of loafs of bread and a pint of milk in the boot !;)

mailto:lol@jonto">lol@jonto,

ive got a couple of mates with mk2/mk3 VRs and they handle well, but they are running coilovers like me and poly bushes, strut braces, strengthened top mounts and ARBs