ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gloucester Photoshoot - PART 2

Last night myself, bomber and Quade (and bro) went on another photoshoot, nothing too serious, just a bit of a laugh and to scout some good locations.

The main area we were messing about in was a multi-storey car park, mainly because the weather was awful, so if it rained (which it did often!) it didnt matter :)
And I wanted to try some of the cliché car park shots :)

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0640.jpg

Pretty pleased with them overall, again I've learnt from a few mistakes I made, so at least Im learning each time :)

Thanks to Dave and Dan for letting me shoot your cars again, no doubt we'll do it again soon sometime ;)

I do have a few shots still to come, but they are going to take A LOT more post work.

Focius ST
Your work amazes me just started out with the slr and your shoots are how i want mine to end up loving the rig shots did u make it or buy it?

Your work amazes me just started out with the slr and your shoots are how i want mine to end up loving the rig shots did u make it or buy it?

Custom made :)

Its not too hard if you know what you need, Im just redesigning mine at the moment, so it should be ready in a couple of weeks, it should be MUCH better :)

Thanks

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
F***ing hell mate - these look awesome!!! Well worth the visit from our friends with the flashing blue lights, lol! ;)

106 GTI
Shadow any tips on how you get it so sharp? Even when I use a tripod it dosnt come out as sharp as that

LOL! Yeh that was quite amusing!

I'll have a couple more of your car Dan, and im still working on the one we took in the docks, I have my doubt if I can make that work - I think I rushed it too much.

Shadow any tips on how you get it so sharp? Even when I use a tripod it dosnt come out as sharp as that

Ummm....well I ALWAYS use a tripod (although I forgot it in the last photoshoot....Do'h!)

They are probably a bit sharper than they would be anyway, because I apply a bit of sharpening on the resized photos, but not too much, just enough to give it that edge :)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
LOL! Yeh that was quite amusing!

I'll have a couple more of your car Dan, and im still working on the one we took in the docks, I have my doubt if I can make that work - I think I rushed it too much.

Don't worry mate - just take ur time and see what u can do. Maybe next time we can do the speeding and fast stunts! lol ;)

Thanks guys, it's probably going to be a while until I get any more up. I've been havin power cuts all day, currently in one atm, am writing this from my phone :(

Qashcow
amazing work dan, had a great night out.

that comment i made to the police is still making me chuckle lol. wont be making any more gun suggestions to them!!

fingers crossed that one by the mariners church can come out, if not we could trying it another day a bit earlier so were less rushed

FPMSL! I couldnt believe you said that!

Ive got power again, and Im having a look at that photo, tbh Im not sure if I can do anything with it, but I'll have a go none the less.

And I'll have a go at your 'engine' photo too :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Superb photos !! What lenses are you using for these ?

I need a rig ... they are waaaaaaaaay too much cash tho. How easy is it to make one ?!

Thanks,

Giraffe - The two main lenses I use for automotive shots like these are a Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8, and a Nikkor 12-24mm f/4 lens for the rig shots :)

Making a rig - it depends on what type of one you want. You can buy a complete kit for about $800, but you can make the same thing for MUCH less.

For the new rig Im making, the most expensive item was the alu tubing, that was around £100 I think.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
these pics are f**king ace man, let me know when your doing the next lot (get bomber to txt me) and ill come down, could do with some pics of the scunt if youd oblige?

Thanks again guys, much appreciated!

Just finished this one:

DSC_0513.jpg

Not too sure about it, I think the idea is there, but I dont think I executed it quite right, and the lighting on the car is not very good either (sorry Dave!!)

ClioSport 172
Oh my word they are awesome! I'd happily throw some moolah your way to take some pics of my baby!

Porsche Boxster987S
compliments get dished out a lot on here but when i say those pics are OUTSTANDING i really do mean that. Since joining here a year ago , those are the best car shots ive seen. Fantastic !

Thanks for the comments, especially Paul - it's good to know all the faffing about setting up shots is worth it in the end!

Dan, I was experimenting with one of your rig shots, and I thought this looked kinda cool!

DSC_0476.jpg