ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girl's reaction's to your RenaultSport?

172/vx220t/m135i
Re: Girl's reaction's to your Clio sports?

My wife hates the clio, thinks its chavvy. She also hates my vx, thinks it's a tin can. Go figure lol

work for BMW

All the girls who have seen my RB have called it chavy :( though my current girlfriend loves the colour and noise. I think clips sports are just seen as chavy to people who Arnt interested in cars or know anything

I bought my 172 on a whim and when I brought it home the wife wasn't entirely impressed.

Luckily for her she doesn't have to drive it so her opinion is null and void !

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Ye tbh my missus like the yozza sound on the inside of the car but says it's too loud ok the outside but from that I had to state I will never be on the outside of my own car when it's being driven lol

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

my ex and my misses loved my black 172. my misses loves my 225 more and when i let her have it shes constantly racing people.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182

Mines a chav car because its got a cup spoiler on apparently

:(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

My better half loves my Trophy... especially since the uprated engine mounts went in and the increased vibrations went through the cabin... :D

ph2 172

My ex hated it when we we're going out cause i'd spend every penny on it, now we're not together my cars cool :S
My current g.f is just happy i have a car :) she doesnt mind as long as i drive safe(ish) with her in :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I couldn't care less tbh. They should be worried about washing up and hoovering, not my car.

Wrong but funny all the same.

Girls love Clios but don't expect them to be impressed by them (no matter how zippy they are from 0-50). Best reaction I've had from a girl with a car wasn't in any BMWs I've borrowed in the past with V8s or heated seats, but in my MX5 (that was on the floor with competition spec suspension and barely any interior). She loved racing home at 100 cheerios too, she said it was a little scary but very exciting. Hi 5 MX5.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Op is a bit special.

I'm guessing you bought your new wheels in the hope dat dem bitches be drippin' wet when they see it.

I was always under the impression that the Clio was aimed at more the female market.

Nicole drove one iirc.

Ibiza SC

My gf hates it, hates it that I spend money on it ('rather than more on her'), she wants me to get something more 'grown up' like an A3 / Astra VXR or a Golf. Every other lass I know loves it.

Z4 Coupe

My girlfriend loves my Clio. She calls it 'cleopatra' LOL

Megane GT

Being a girl myself ;) obv i love them. I was surprised when one of my mates who knows nothing about cars prefered a 200 to a 250. To most of my mates though if it looks shiny and new its nice if it looks like its falling apart its crap, totally irrelevant of speed. Lol.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
She says clios are girly and doesn't like going in it because of the harsh ride (trophy)... And also because she can't eat or drink or touch the paint when it's clean :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Anna liked my old Clio but said it was a little boys car lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

Oh this annoys me.

I p/x'd the Integra for a 182, when I showed people a pic of the 182, I got

"You're getting rid of an Integra for a Clio!?"

"Why has it got chav exhausts?"

"My mum had one years ago" (it was a 1.2)

They aren't into cars as you can guess, so I didn't bother explaining to them what a 182 was.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Op is a bit special.

I'm guessing you bought your new wheels in the hope dat dem b**ches be drippin' wet when they see it.

I was always under the impression that the Clio was aimed at more the female market.

Nicole drove one iirc.

Exactly. I didn't spend on my wages on spinners to not get any pussy, yo.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

My origional post was sarcastic. I don't think my other half would be interested in my car even if it was a Zonda F. Aslong as it works she doesn't care.

182FF
Also she picked up my 172cup as she has motor trade insurance. It had a full stainless steel system with decat. She loved the noise so hammered it away from the tolls at Dartford. Wish i could have taken pics of some of the van drivers faces lol

CLIO 182

Most women don't care about any car, as long as its clean and shiny. The only different is if they are into cars, which are few and far apart.

The harsh fact is that outside of Cliosport and other similar forums, no one cares about Clios. Pretty much no one even notices them, and won't be able to tell a Renaultsport from a Dynamique. Those that are aware of them, see them as the type of car driven by young boy racers, or girls. Even then, when they see a 172/182 slammed on coilovers and what not, they'll just think it's a basic Clio with a bodykit, being driven by some Toby with a gangster lean.

That's the reality.

Spot on Roy.

My mates just thought I had a Clio until one day I put my foot down. Then I just had a fast Clio.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

The harsh fact is that outside of Cliosport and other similar forums, no one cares about Clios. Pretty much no one even notices them, and won't be able to tell a Renaultsport from a Dynamique. Those that are aware of them, see them as the type of car driven by young boy racers, or girls. Even then, when they see a 172/182 slammed on coilovers and what not, they'll just think it's a basic Clio with a bodykit, being driven by some Toby with a gangster lean.

That's the reality.

True although the 1*2 factory bodykits are thankfully subtle to say the least. Tbh I really don't care what people think, its so fun to drive and cheap to maintain minus cambelt/gearbox etc changes obviously.

The harsh fact is that outside of Cliosport and other similar forums, no one cares about Clios. Pretty much no one even notices them, and won't be able to tell a Renaultsport from a Dynamique. Those that are aware of them, see them as the type of car driven by young boy racers, or girls.

I'd agree with the first couple of sentences. Not the last.

IRT Topic: Mine said "Is that it?". Wasn't impressed at all. Which kind of reinforces what Roy is saying.

Of course this is part of why I bought one in the first place. I kinda like that it looks like an ordinary Clio to most people. If I wanted attention I'd have bought summat else. It's also why I bought a silver one rather than say a striped RB one.

My ex loved it, pestered me to drive it all the time. She was into cars though.

Other girls are just like, it's a clio and it's yellow.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468

my wife hated mine, especially when it was wrapped white, slammed on the floor as it got loads of looks as they didnt make white 172s.

Now its standard height, and monaco, she had to drive it the other day, and she f**king loved it. heard her half a mile away giving it beans!

White clique

The harsh fact is that outside of Cliosport and other similar forums, no one cares about Clios. Pretty much no one even notices them, and won't be able to tell a Renaultsport from a Dynamique. Those that are aware of them, see them as the type of car driven by young boy racers, or girls. Even then, when they see a 172/182 slammed on coilovers and what not, they'll just think it's an old shape basic Clio with a bodykit, being driven by some Toby with a gangster lean.

That's the reality.

slightly EFA but agreed.

There are those who are in denial about the above, those who know its the truth but wont admit it, and the last but very small percentage who actually dont care what others think - but they aren't the sort of people who generally willy wave about their clios on this forum TBH, and would also be the first to aknowledge that yes they are mostly seen as a boy racers car but they just dont care anyway.

The denial about the image will go on for a LONG time though. There will also be a much slower take up for the 197/200, as most on here have spent their lives saying how s**t they are, so actually they cant migrate over even though they want to, as they know it will make them look like a hypocrite. So actually they are stuck with a 172/182 to save face, or leap straight to an old BMW.

ALL my ex-GFs couldn't have given less of a s**t that my clios had a 2.0 engine when i owned them. In fact none of mine have really given a s**t about any car!!

Listerine & Poledo

Michelle likes the Clio when it's running well.

SUre, we'd all like to lose the stripez but thats another thread

slightly EFA but agreed.

There are those who are in denial about the above, those who know its the truth but wont admit it, and the last but very small percentage who actually dont care what others think - but they aren't the sort of people who generally willy wave about their clios on this forum TBH, and would also be the first to aknowledge that yes they are mostly seen as a boy racers car but they just dont care anyway.

The denial about the image will go on for a LONG time though. There will also be a much slower take up for the 197/200, as most on here have spent their lives saying how s**t they are, so actually they cant migrate over even though they want to, as they know it will make them look like a hypocrite. So actually they are stuck with a 172/182 to save face, or leap straight to an old BMW.

ALL my ex-GFs couldn't have given less of a s**t that my clios had a 2.0 engine when i owned them. In fact none of mine have really given a s**t about any car!!

Fully agree.

I get called the resident boy racer at work by one of the directors because of my car, but meh, I like it. Half the people on the road just think it's a yellow clio or a boy racers car. It puts a smile on my face so I'm happy.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I have a double bonus. I have a clio which is a girls car so they like it. It's white and white cars are cool at the moment 'init.

Mk5 golf gti

she hates it, but i feel the same about her horse.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
gf loves the clio but hates the noise from the yozza/jp exhaust, the other car my Tvr Tamora she loves the noise (its also running a decatted JP exhaust) but hates the look of the car (it is bait loud and shout being bright orange haha.....silly girl

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
90 percent of girls don't know anything about cars and the CS's are the kind of cars you need to know about really, they're a bit steathly in that they look 99% similar to normal clios. My other car is a 1990 Toyota Supra (practically vintage) and my missus thinks that makes me a boy racer and not the CS!! Ignore them and do what you like with cars, simples. Then when you're minted and can afford to buy them a car, get them a Mini in the cream colour with the black stripes and they'll not care how much you spend on your own car 'cause they have their perfect car!