ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting really pissed off now.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
See image as to what my dash looks like 60% of the time.

Basically my cr will be fine, then the engine light comes on. Turn the car off and on and it's fine.

A bit later it will do it again and will be followed by the emissions light.

So it's safe to say the engine light and emissions light go hand in hand.

I have been informed it could be the upper lambda sensor, does this aoun logical? How much would a garage roughly charge to fit this? (1hours labour?)

What are the other likely causes of it?

It's starting to get dangerous now. Halfway past a car (again) I was over taking it came on :(.

Help appreciated!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 253

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nope it's had a live map done by Paul @ RS tuning by the previous owner. I haven't messed with anything ecu wise :)

Si

RS Clio 172
what's the light at the top right? it doesn't seem like the problem i had (which was upper lambda). although it is similar symptops i guess.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Serv and airbag lights are on because I'm running fixed buckets and don't know how to install the resistors lol

330 Ci
fitting the lamba sensor is easy, do it yourself... would take a blind chimp an hour to figure out how to do it - i'm sure you've got more intelligence ;)

Seat resistors is an easy fix too! 5 mins a side tops - can send you the resistors/block connecs if you want? (I presumed you'd sorted this as i never heard back from you)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Already replaced the throttle position sensor dave. Birchdown did it so it's been done right.

Fast, nope still not done it. I'm not really wanting to chop up any wires and fit block connectors. I'd rather pay out £20 for the proper recaro resistors than do that (I'm strange I know)

Clio 172
May sound a bit of a silly question but what is the light at the bottom right of the photo, as that light comes on and off on my 172 as well??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Already replaced the throttle position sensor dave. Birchdown did it so it's been done right.

Fast, nope still not done it. I'm not really wanting to chop up any wires and fit block connectors. I'd rather pay out £20 for the proper recaro resistors than do that (I'm strange I know
)

You dont need to cut anything chap!

Hate faults like this. Trouble is, it might throw that code up, but it could be anything. Pedal itself, TB or wiring in between. Give all wires a tug around the the TB & pedal whilst its running? Also make sure wires arent crushed, bared to the engine etc?

renaultsport clio 182
i have a mac tools obd2 reader thet you can use that if you like m8, could come up with summat different, my management light comes on for so many miles then turns itself off, plugged it in and came up with 02 sensor and 1 other thing gonna get em done asap but light doesn't stay on all the time?? like i sed your welcome to pop down and use it free of charge :approve:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Dave would really appreciate that. I got a handheld ecu reader that I can use to switch off the emissions light but it says there is no stored faults.

When you next free mate? X

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i have a mac tools obd2 reader thet you can use that if you like m8, could come up with summat different, my management light comes on for so many miles then turns itself off, plugged it in and came up with 02 sensor and 1 other thing gonna get em done asap but light doesn't stay on all the time?? like i sed your welcome to pop down and use it free of charge :approve:

Thanks for the offer mate, but il see if dave can find anything first as he's a proper Renault tech

Should be able to sort it tomorrow mate?? Im popping in to put the car on a ramp anyway so il get the clip while im there.

Clip can do so much more than a code reader, parameters and live data can be usefull.

renaultsport clio 182
no worries im not to far waway so if ya change ya mind jus let me know dude, good luck with it either way, hope its gonna get ya to the FCS m8 :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Should be able to sort it tomorrow mate?? Im popping in to put the car on a ramp anyway so il get the clip while im there.

Clip can do so much more than a code reader, parameters and live data can be usefull.
Pm me your mobile number mellors il give you a ring later tonight? X
no worries im not to far waway so if ya change ya mind jus let me know dude, good luck with it either way, hope its gonna get ya to the FCS m8 :D
thanks again buddy

Da

Less
Swap lambdas mate, the rear one doesn't do anything anyway. This will elliminate the upstream one if it doesn't change.

Have you given the throttle body a clean out recently? My 1.2 started this carryon, throttle body off and a good wipe down with carb cleaner and it stopped it.

120d M Sport
Same as JCC, I had this 'carry on' (lol :eek:) on my 1.2 16v...won't rev past like 3k when it goes into limp mode? Occurs intermittently?

A wierd thing I noticed was once I stopped using Supermarket fuel it never came back whilst I owned it. Not saying that was the cause/solution to the problem, just an observation I made...I also had my spark plugs changed to genuine Renault ones.

It seems to be a common problem across the Clio range, I've heard it could be a wiring loom issue?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh boys cleaned the TB out a fee months back with wd40 and some wet and dry to get the s**t off. Dave is plugging me in tomorrow so il hopefully have some indication.

Daz I tried to take the lambda off but I couldn't :( hence why I'd have to take it to a garage.

Da

Less
Why couldn't you mate? Warm the engine up a bit beforehand.

Surely GrayMotorsport could sort you out? ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh gray will gimme a hand. He has gearbox probs ATM though so my lambdas are the least of his worries :(

Clio 182ff
as most have said it could be lambda...but I don't think that is the cause of the xmas light display on yer dash. Get the ECU checked out, debug or replaced it.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
For anyone whos interested id pretty much say its fixed :D

Bongy plugged it into the clip thing and it came up with a throttle pedal fault. Luckily he had one laying around, so swapped them over and its not come on yet :D

Cheers for your help mate :eek: x