ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
top job :) so is that the teething issues all sorted George? or still go issues with the link pipe?

Trophy Turbo :)
Any time George mate, can't belive the crank seal was put in well not put in lol. It was a mile out at the bottom. See you should have had me build it in the first place ;)

The link pipe he has is a pipe of crap and that's why I don't use them on my conversation. We've got it a little better but he idealy needs a custom one from downpipe to cat ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai I know George said it was basically scrap! come on Georgie, finger out and get it sorted ;)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
George how far you willing to travel for a link pipe? my mate would do it that's all :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Lincoln mate but he's near Sleaford, we are looking at getting a unit but for now he's working from home, does it just wana be similar to the one ktec sell? So I can get a rough price from him for u

I was wondering if the ktec one could be adapted?

But I am after some more exhaust changes anyway - I want me decat and cat sleeving. I also want the system modifying so it fits once and for all!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I was wondering if the ktec one could be adapted?

But I am after some more exhaust changes anyway - I want me decat and cat sleeving. I also want the system modifying so it fits once and for all!

he can do anything :) all tig welded :)

Clio,Rush,180SX,205
That's some nice pipework you've got yourself there mate!

It's amazing. I can't rate him highly enough, ex-coded welded from petro-chem industry, so he knows his stuff. All internal voids are purged during welding (lots of wasted argon) so no nasty hidden oxidization blooms inside the pipe waiting to drop off and find their way through any downstream hardware i.e. a turbo, he works on the rarest race cars and loves anything bespoke, workshop to die, plus he's a thoroughly nice bloke :)

RS2004
Don't know if your pictures are your latest fitment but you pads retaining pins are not seated properly, they should protude a lot more on the pointed side to be secured.

Did you get a longer link pipe?

I got frustrated yesterday on a drive home. So I drove I to a powerflow franchise and handed them money until it got sorted.

Essentially they made a new link pipe from scratch - using the flanges of the ill-fitting ktec link pipe. They also 'modified' the RS192 so it actually fits well now!

182cup/D40/Hornet
Sounds good, as long as it ain't knocking now, were they reasonable?
I contacted ED yesterday about a link pipe but they won't have any in stock for at least 6-8 weeks
They will make a 'one off' pipe but for the price they quoted I'm sure I could get a custom one made up for less

182cup/D40/Hornet
Cheaper than I was quoted for just the link pipe
Considering they've removed/fitted it and sorted other things out it's not bad that
More importantly no knocking!