ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

Countryman JCW
Good stuff... not tempted to go a little higher? or happy with where it is?

Seems a shame to have a forged motor and not run just a little more ;)

Countryman JCW
It'll be going up to 1.3 ish soon. I kept it reasonable because I want to make sure everything was ok first :cool:

Sensible way to play it, who did your mapping for it? Andrew Carr?

Looking forward to video's of it running a bit more boost :race:

Countryman JCW
Youre in safe hands there then, i was really happy with the way he mapped mine!

Whens it getting done then lol...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nice work chap, about time all the niggles got sorted too so you can just enjoy it

give me a shout if your up this way again soon, I'd love another blat out chap now its sorted :)

As some of you know I attended a rolling road session last saturday with the West Midlands lot, kindly organised by Martin.

13266012833_f0bb095e24.jpg

Despite it being a great event; the day didn't turn out as planned for me as the car only ran 200bhp at the wheels - which was slightly worrying. I phoned Andy immediately and he was as concerned as I was. Andy managed to fit me in to see Scoff on Tuesday evening to assess what the problems might be.

So I toddled off to Cheshire last night to find out what we could do!

13266181324_abd0762345.jpg

It turns out there is nothing wrong with the hardware......

However, Chris thinks the intercooler and pipe work are now restricting further power increases, as any more than the 15.7 psi its running didn't really make much difference - something to be addressed later in the year.

Here is a nice little graph showing a before and after:

13266249984_94e994b937.jpg

Its MUCH better, the graph doesn't demonstrate how much smoother it is to drive and of course its considerably faster. Thanks very much to @Andyrg for sorting me out and to Chris@Efi Parts for remapping the car for me!
13266233574_0c6f61c7cd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  340i
Woah, big difference in the map there! - you are gaining power from 3,400 onwards.

Does Andy only use Scoff for his mapping now?

Clio 172 182 197 200
Andy uses scoff and andrew. :) but he managed to get it in with chris.

There was a few bits not right with the map sensor needed a filter.

172 cup, Impreza P1
What was wrong at 200bhp? Map or something else?

What size pipework are you running just now?

Glad you're sorted now!

Certainly sounds like a beast!

Cheers mate :cool:

Bet you were sick after the first run mate.

It was certainly worrying!

Woah, big difference in the map there! - you are gaining power from 3,400 onwards.

Yup - massive difference now, its vastly improved. (it goes rather well now :p)

Does Andy only use Scoff for his mapping now?

Scoff and Andrew Carr

That seems loads better george you was clearly pissed after the run lol

Ha ha, I thought I contained my annoyance rather well!

Wasn't it supposed to have ran 300bhp with the map on it at veizu George ?

I expected it to be similar to what it is now yes...

What was wrong at 200bhp? Map or something else?

What size pipework are you running just now?

Glad you're sorted now!

Its the engine dynamics pipe work - I cant remember off hand what size it is.

There was some slight issue with MAP sensor readings for the ECU and the map wasn't quite right either.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Scoff is the man!! IMO the best mapper in the UK for the F4R, his all round service is bob on and such a genuinely nice guy, I wouldn't use anyone else now

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Be intresting to pop back to viezu run it on there rollers again see what it reads there so you can have difinative figure to compare . Glad you got it sorted thou mate .

Scoff is the man!! IMO the best mapper in the UK for the F4R, his all round service is bob on and such a genuinely nice guy, I wouldn't use anyone else now

Thoroughly decent chap - I imagine I'll be annoying him again in the future!

Be intresting to pop back to viezu run it on there rollers again see what it reads there so you can have difinative figure to compare . Glad you got it sorted thou mate .

Agreed.

However, the 'before' run on that graph gives a very similar reading the to Viezu rollers (give or take 5bhp and assuming 15% posse) So I am reasonably confident it will be a good result there too!

Great result mate! Must fly now :)

Cheers mate - not as quick as yours! (YET :cool:)

Great work, and a big difference. I love this turbo.

Thanks chap, if it looks half as good as yours when its all finished I'll be a happy bunny!

Glad you got it sorted George you certainly didn't look happy on the day.
Cars very nice and sounds awesome mate

I was slightly shocked! Thanks for the kind words.

Glad it's fixed mate

Me too!

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Not really a fault, Georges car wanted a restrictor in the vac line, the signal during vacuum was a little jumpy. These engines with low compression don't pull much vacuum at light throttle and it's critical that we keep that signal as smooth as possible there if we want the car to drive nicely on the road.