ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

Some new additions:

vu3uvena.jpg

I have also managed to get hold of some oz f1s with some new fangled Nankang-NS-2R tyres - so I'll be giving those a whirl soon too!

Honestly I don't know off hand mate.

Whilst at Scoffs when the map was being adjusted, we reached a point where adding more boost had little effect on the power output - something must be restricting it!

When I initially got my car back from Andy, I wanted to spend a fair amount of time getting used to the extra performance and enjoying the car before I decided to progress any further. With 290bhp and 270lbft it has more than enough get up and go for what I want!

However, other aspects of the car are not exactly where I want it to be at the minute and the next couple of months are going to see some reasonably large changes.

• O2m gearbox and diff - six speeds will be nice on the road and a diff is essential now
  • Oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate
  • Install oil temp and oil pressure gauge/s
  • Full cup suspension refresh, keeping the Eibach sport lines
  • Uprated pads for the 197 Brembos, fitment of the rear braided lines and DOT5 fluid
  • Front bumper replacement and aero catch fitment
  • Alcantara roof lining, A-pillars and ‘Piano black’ grab handles, door handles and possibly dash trims
  • Trial fit some 2118’s and then decide which wheels to keep! (open to suggestions here)

Then the plan is to enjoy it! Its already a brilliant little car, but hopefully these few changes will make it an even better road car.

Front bumper replacement and aero catch fitment

Why do you want to do this out of interest?

I had the same plans for mine, but concluded that it was more hassle than needed.

My bumper is a simple 3 bolts now. 2 from the underneath (which even if aero catching you'd probably need to keep anyway) and one up by the grill.

Good update i need to change the speakers in mine. I completely forgot how s**t the standards speakers are in the clio's after the 330ci and 9n3 GTI.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Its a doddle mate, just take your time and make sure you undo all the bolts, best bet is to search on here as theres a couple hidden ones

late 2003 172cup
How much them speakers cost you george? Some nice bits going in ;)

I recently fitted a bluetooth stereo, just wanted to get in car and have my music play without messing with plugging in. I had a vibe amped box laying around so that went in too. I also had some infinitys spare that fitted nicely but I do like your renault fit speakers :)
I was going to go for the stalk control but, cramming more plugs behind the headunit is such a ball ache!

Cars looking and sounding well pal ;)