ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gears Of War

Revels Mum & Sister
So who has this and who has been rinsing it.

I did last night and I love it. Without a doubt best game I have played in a LONG time.

At the bit with the Berserker and it small scared me when he smacked my head off!

Revels Mum & Sister
Good lad

I got to the Berserker bit where you have to creep around but he pwned my head off.

The cut scene before you get into the building was awesome where he got stabbed!

The Bus and MRT
Good lad

I got to the Berserker bit where you have to creep around but he pwned my head off.

The cut scene before you get into the building was awesome where he got stabbed!

The berserker is a she actually although she aint very pretty!

I got the US version on tuesday, played for about 5 hours the last couple of nights fantastic game. My Gamer Tag is J03Y if you fancy a bit of co-op. Are you both playing it on Hardcore or have you gone for the pussy casual mode? ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've gone for pussy casual mode. if i played on hardcore i'd just get stuck and lose interest

Revels Mum & Sister
IMO it wipes the floor with GRAW but its a totally different game

And yes I am a pussy and on Casual mode. A mate was jibbing me about it, then he suddenlt got the acheivement for Act 1 on Casual. Smalll liar ;)

AstraVan Sportive
How do you mean Different, i havent even read about Gears Of War

I can get it at trade though our 360 account as well

GRAW Rules though, i cant stop playing it!

Revels Mum & Sister
How do you mean Different, i havent even read about Gears Of War

I can get it at trade though our 360 account as well

GRAW Rules though, i cant stop playing it!

Well GRAW is kinda tactical real life situ. Although Gears of War is tactical in the sense of using cover its far easier to get the hang of.

DEFO worth a crack though. The hype is well founded. The game is awesome

Nothing better than getting a perfect mag change in the middle of a fire fight.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is GOW really that damn good? Like, one of the best games ever? Surely there must be flaws? I like to romance inside of my 360 when I get one for Crimbo! :D

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I so want it but having just purchased

Dead Rising, Splinter Cell and COD3 i really should wait a month or two!

Revels Mum & Sister
Is GOW really that damn good? Like, one of the best games ever? Surely there must be flaws? I like to romance inside of my 360 when I get one for Crimbo! :D

It is IMO. I find it hard to get this excited about the game

I havent found a flaw and I usually hate Third Person Shooter. But the camera is perfect. Controls are, attention to detail is amazing.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I would say its possibly the best game on the 360. a real "killer app" that the 360 needs if its going to beat sony. There are some issues with the controls, and some of the blood splattering looks a bit wierd, almost cartoon like. However these are minor faults, and lets face it, there are no perfect games out there. so far IMO this ones come fairly close, and I haven't even got into the multiplayer mode yet, which will hopefully ensure good longevity.

MY10 R35 GTR
whats the game about???

i played the fear demo other day, that was good but i wasn't desperate to goet myself the game

Citroen DS3 DSport
I wasn't as impressed with the Fear demo as I'd thought I would be, the controls were not great.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I liked FEAR, especially the slow mo and some of the guns where it frazzles them into a skeleton

Was also pretty damned fucked up and scary with the little girl and walls of blood :S

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
You used the chainsaw yet ian? I got to grips with it last night, its well satisfying carving some locust scum in half and blood spraying on the camera lense. not tried a kurb stomp yet though

Revels Mum & Sister
Tried both was going to mention the curb stomp. Chainsaw is mint.

I was just about to go into the building with the MASSIVE open bit where you run up stairs just after you take out a triker. There was a locust writhing on the floor. Paused it got the manual out and stomped on him. Was satisfying

Not had the chance to do so again. Do you ever use the random fire mode or generally aim?

MY10 R35 GTR
I wasn't as impressed with the Fear demo as I'd thought I would be, the controls were not great.

yep, agreed, or mayb its just cos im used the the battlefield 2 ones.

Neither game has done it for me yet, in reading and pic terms anyway

The Bus and MRT
I've used the random fire mode a couple of times but it's not really worth it unless they're really close as it's to inaccurate. Usefuly for throwing grenades without having to pop out though.

The game is very different to GRAW, graw you die in one hit, this is arcadey and you can take quite a few and so can the enemy. Graphics are unbelievable though and it's just generally a fun game to play, very easy to pic up too and the COOP is fantastic something that I really wanted in GRAW.

BTW Ras, you get the achievement for casual if you complete it on hardcore, it just gives you both achievements so you don't have to go back and complete it on easy after doing it on hard.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Cracked this open last and wow! This is how all 360 games should be made, these guys have set the bar now and all the other games developers should follow this example. No real bugs that i came across (unlike the very buggy but still very good COD3).

Only had an hour on it or so. Is it me or does the A button takes some getting used to ?? ..... I want to climb over something and i take cover, i take cover and i want to climb over it, you hit the button a few times in a panic and you end up rolling where you dont want to roll.

In a dilema now, play COD3 or GOW ??????????? Too many games coming out, not enough time to play em all !

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
tbh u'll soon get used to the a button. it seems weird at first but u can use it to good effect when u've played it for a while.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
heard it's awesome, seen the trailers, getting it next week etc.

only thing i also heard was that the game was rather short...anyone confirm this? altough i doubt any1 has completed it just yet

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine has arrived, but I'm not home to play it until tomorrow, and I suspect I'll be in the dog house if I get back and just want to play GoW. Plus I want to finish COD3 first. Oh well, there's no rush Rainbow 6 is a while off still.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I want this now to play on my HD 42" Plasma, but I've put it down as a crimbo present from the gf, which means I've got to wait AGEs!!

Lee

BMW M2C
I want this now to play on my HD 42" Plasma, but I've put it down as a crimbo present from the gf, which means I've got to wait AGEs!!

We tried a bit of split screen yesterday on the boardroom 42" Plasma. Full surround sound too. I'm not a fan of playing split screen, but it was still amazing.

Revels Mum & Sister
I played Clart last night on Multi and he pwned me 3-1

Loving the game, about 1/4 into Act 2 now. Loving it!

E90
will someone buy me a 360 for xmas, so i have some kind of idea what you fcuking geeks are babbling on about.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
heard it's awesome, seen the trailers, getting it next week etc.

only thing i also heard was that the game was rather short...anyone confirm this? altough i doubt any1 has completed it just yet

it'll take about 8-10 hours on casual, which is what i'm playing on and i'm 2/3rd way through. i'll play it again on hardcore for extra acheivements. it sone of those games u'll want to play again if u finish it.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
there is only 5 chapters!!! apparnetly 8-10 hours gameplay time... not great

just saw ur post. ur prob right, may play it on hard to start with i thinkm get more out of it etc.