ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS / Serv / ESP Lights

RB Clio 182
Hi all,

My 182 Cup has had intermittent ABS / ESP / Serv coming on for ages. More recently permanently on. Did not worry too much as I only potter about locally ! but now it is MOT time I need to sort it.

Stuck it on Clip and got the attached. Assuming ABS sensor as when you clear the codes it comes back instantly even without driving.

Am I right in thinking if it was a bad ring you wouldn't get errors until you started driving again?

Anyone who has seen this code before or who has experience here I would appreciate a bit of advice.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3429.jpeg
    IMG_3429.jpeg
    10.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3431.jpeg
    IMG_3431.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Vehicle speed not available seems to flag up quite often but no warning light.

Id say its a safe bet its sensor or wiring issue if the other one wont clear.

RB Clio 182
Vehicle speed not available seems to flag up quite often but no warning light.

Id say its a safe bet its sensor or wiring issue if the other one wont clear.
Cheers that was my thoughts. From what I can see through the wheels the ring on that side looks in OK condition as does the sensor cosmetically at least.

Problem is I don’t want to order a sensor until I have the old one off the car - seen a lot of horror stories of wrong sensors on here… etc but it means prob a week minimum on axle stands!

Does anyone know if the rear ABS sensor on a cup can be changed without removing the hub? Looks a bit tight next to the bracket but maybe doable?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, driver's rear sensor.

Not too bad of a job but it's a hub off job.

You'll have to get the sensor from Autodoc, unless you want to pay Ktec prices.

Driver's rear has a female plug, passenger rear is male plug, so easy to see if you have the correct one.

RB Clio 182
Yeah, driver's rear sensor.

Not too bad of a job but it's a hub off job.

You'll have to get the sensor from Autodoc, unless you want to pay Ktec prices.

Driver's rear has a female plug, passenger rear is male plug, so easy to see if you have the correct one.
Should be interesting never removed a hub before. Done discs so assuming it can’t be too much more difficult.

Crazy, all for an ABS sensor!

Will check the wiring tomorrow for any obvious faults.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
1698971287538.png

1698971320428.png

Goes here:
1698971090811.png

I seem to remember fitting my ABS sensors after the hub was back on the car. So just whip disk off, undo sensor bolt (from the back) and knock the sensor through.

Attachments

• 1599143791084-png.png
    1599143791084-png.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 29