ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gday

Clio III RS200 Cup
Hey guys I’m Nick, from Sydney. I’m the proud owner of an FRB Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee. I haven’t done much to it except for the mandatory K+N filter and akrapovic evolution exhaust. Paul from RS tuning will be out in April for a remap.

Renault’s over here have a poor reputation despite what I believe is some of the most bulletproof reliability in a car that I’ve ever seen - my Subaru has cost me 10 times more in repairs yet isn’t driven anywhere near as hard as my clio. So despite this reputation I’ve convinced a mate that restoring and then enhancing a clio 172 phase 1 is where the smart money is at.

The phase 1 is quite a rare beast over here, being a limited edition of 85 examples (his is 6/85) so finding even OEM parts can be quite a stretch. The tuning scene here is limited as well - most tune Japanese turbo’s or Aussie muscle - so finding parts such as cams and LSDs can be even more difficult. If anyone has got CatCams 438s or similar, a suitable ITB setup or 197 brembo clearing wheels (team dynamics 1.2s preferred) and is willing to ship to aus - let me know. Thanks for having me!!

9A5EC100-E158-46C2-8A20-9E223B6DB4D7.jpeg

Last edited:
  BMW 325ci
Welcome here mate ! I had no idea Renaults were imported in Australia !

Envoyé de mon G3312 en utilisant Tapatalk

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Welcome along mate. Never heard of a 200 cup Trophy . We only have the cup here.
What makes it a trophy out of curiosity ?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I know there is one single MK2 Clio Trophy in Melbourne which must be the rarest.

Clio III RS200 Cup
Welcome along mate. Never heard of a 200 cup Trophy . We only have the cup here.
What makes it a trophy out of curiosity ?

It’s all Renault Australia marketing jargon - just meant that it got keyless entry and recaro seats over the standard.

Just like the 172 ph 1 was marketed as a cup in Aus but was no different to yours as far as I know.

I know there is one single MK2 Clio Trophy in Melbourne which must be the rarest.

A mate of mine has what we believe to be the only blood orange full fat 182 in aus as well ? pretty rare thing as far as we’re concerned

There are 5 or 6 odd v6’s and a trophy or two that I know of that are starting to command fairly ridiculous prices as well.. a ph2 v6 sold for $150k AUD recently..

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Good day to you sir. Welcome to cliosport?. Get you mate to join and do a project thread on his ph1 restoration, he may get some folk willing to ship parts out as there's plenty of love for the ph1 on here.

I'm sure your 200 cup trophee is worth a thread too. ?