ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming mouse and keyboard...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've still got the Logitec G5 gaming mouse in blue for the BF2142 days, Had it for years and years still like new amazing mouse it's got removable different size weights so you can balance the mouse the way you want it, 2 buttons on top for low speed medium and high speed arrow and the 2 bottons on the side. I'd like a newer version but can't believe how much they going for now, didn't realise i spent that much money on a mouse back then. Really really comfortable too
main.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'll also jump in here if you don't mind as I'm also interested in a potential keyboard upgrade in the very near future. Whilst I'm looking for a good quality mechanical keyboard for gaming, it also has to be robust enough to handle a LOT of typing (hundreds of thousands of lines of code each year). I don't really want to buy two keyboards so a good all-rounder would be ideal. I'm not too fussed on the cost as I'm happy to pay a bit more for a keyboard that fits my needs. Recommendations welcomed - thanks.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Ha! IntelliMouse was my favourite ever. I ended up going Bluetooth though so had to wave goodbye after 10 years of brilliant service (not for gaming obviously)

BG182
I go for Razer stuff i have deathstalker keyboard and diamond back mouse, top quality, fast, tough and with nice touches like illuminated/dimmable keys on keyboard. Mouse ive had for 5 years and is still flawless make sure you get a decent mousemat to go with it, I again chose a razer mousemat

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I love my Cyborg/Saitek RAT 9 mouse personally, love the way you can configure it (physically) just to the way you want it.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going with the Logitech G502 mouse and G13 gameboard/keyboard.

There are alternatives to both that seem to be better ergonomically, like the Razer DeathAdder looks like a more comfy mouse and isn't as heavy, but the DPI of the G502 makes it much more viable for my personal use.

Same with the gamepad, the Razer Orbweaver or Tartarus both look like they'd be better ergonomically, but crucially the thumb stick on the G13 is fully analog, whereas both Razer's only have 8 way directional.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Been using Logitech stuff for years. I've had various mice and keyboards - and now use a three-way split between a G15 keyboard, a G600 mouse and a G13 gameboard.

However, Logitech's driver support is one step away from shite. I'm principally aiming towards the G25 wheel support here - where I have to install an old version of the Game Centre software after installing the latest one for the trio listed above - because they can't be bothered to update their own driver suite.

With games like Project Cars (which comes with an inbuilt driver support for the G25) - the wheel is a dead house-brick until I install a prehistoric driver for it. Logitech - it's a three axis input controller - nothing crazy???

I doubt I'll buy Logitech again.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Been using Logitech stuff for years. I've had various mice and keyboards - and now use a three-way split between a G15 keyboard, a G600 mouse and a G13 gameboard.

However, Logitech's driver support is one step away from shite. I'm principally aiming towards the G25 wheel support here - where I have to install an old version of the Game Centre software after installing the latest one for the trio listed above - because they can't be bothered to update their own driver suite.

With games like Project Cars (which comes with an inbuilt driver support for the G25) - the wheel is a dead house-brick until I install a prehistoric driver for it. Logitech - it's a three axis input controller - nothing crazy???

Can't expect to have it all I guess.

Logitech seem to offer great quality products without too much "gamer tax" like the other gaming peripheral companies.

Quick question:

Is the G13 grippy on the bottom/stable? I'm debating whether to buy a small mouse mat just for the G502 or a huge one so the G13 can sit on it too.

DCi

Had no issues at all with the driving force GT

Weird

Clio Trophy
i still love my Rat 7 mouse, good for big hands, but really fussy about surface, i just use mine with no mat. My Logitech Elite keyboard must about 14 years old and still going strong

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Can't expect to have it all I guess.

Logitech seem to offer great quality products without too much "gamer tax" like the other gaming peripheral companies.

Quick question:

Is the G13 grippy on the bottom/stable? I'm debating whether to buy a small mouse mat just for the G502 or a huge one so the G13 can sit on it too.
The G13 is great - it's completely replaced my WASD key function and the G6 and G7 buttons are brilliantly placed for thumb presses on alt-fire/melee functions. I picked my up cheap off eBay when the seller said that one of the buttons had packed in. I've had it over two years and all the buttons are fine.

Anyway, as for the poor driver support - here's an example.

The Division is released and my god - it's the first game in YEARS that actually provided a game profile for the LCD screen. Great - nice one. So I select that and fire up the game. The instant the game starts, the G13 switches 'off' - it no longer responds to any input. So I switch to usual G15 and mouse combo.

I quit the game and the G13 comes back to life. Logitech forums provide no feedback (they rarely do) as to what the problem might be. Fixes are 99.9% unlikely.

Their kit really is nice to use. It's just a shame they don't back it up with equivalent driver support.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Both arrived, both great.

Don't find the G502 to be heavy at all.

I think I'll change the analog stick on the G13, hoping it will loosen up a bit as well, finding the analog click function pretty much unusable unless the analog stick is in it's standard vertical position, very stiff at the moment.