ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming Keyboard

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Can anyone recommend a gaming keyboard and mouse for an xbox one? i appreciate you are supposed to use a controller, but my lads wants a keyboard and mouse for his bday next month, i really don't fancy paying £250 for the official Razor one, as it may be a five minute wonder, i have been looking at the smaller gaming keyboards, are they any good? something like the link below :-

Has he said he wants a small one? I know I wouldn't be to happy if I got half a keyboard for my birthday :LOL:

I just got a razor huntsman and it's a joy to type on.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Has he said he wants a small one? I know I wouldn't be to happy if I got half a keyboard for my birthday :LOL:

I just got a razor huntsman and it's a joy to type on.
I know, looks weird, but apparently they are good for gaming as all the keys are together? having watched him play fortnite, i didn't know anybodies fingers could move that quick... 😂

Just looked at the Razor Huntsman, looks brilliant, but i really don't want to pay over £100 for a keyboard he could potentially use very little, or worse still smash.

F82 M4

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've got a pretty much branch new mechanical Steelseries 6GV2 if you want it cheap? It uses Cherry MX black switches which is like a linear key stroke. No backlighting though which let's it down

Thanks mate, will ask him, i think he would like a backlit one.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have just been looking at XIM Apex adaptor, any one use or used one? seem it also opens up the possibility of using lots of different mouse and keyboard setups?

I had an xim setup years ago on the 360, worked okay but wasnt the same as playing straight off pc (cod) I had a look recently and they seem to have a lot more capability than before though

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I had an xim setup years ago on the 360, worked okay but wasnt the same as playing straight off pc (cod) I had a look recently and they seem to have a lot more capability than before though
Yes, it seems the early ones were pretty primitive, but the new ones seem to be pretty good, and at least it allows you to use a bigger selection of keyboards.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I know it’s unrelated but keyboard and mouse players on console do my f**king box in😂use a controller. Always getting minced off kb&m players lol
It's not off topic mate, from what i have read they definitely have an advantage, and my lad isn't stupid, if he can muller his mates on Fortnite or Rainbow Siege he will use all means at his disposal.. 😂

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I know it’s unrelated but keyboard and mouse players on console do my f**king box in😂use a controller. Always getting minced off kb&m players lol
Still to this day, I can't get used to FPS's using a pad. It feels sluggish, linear and frustratingly inaccurate. I know it's clearly not in the hands of someone who's taken the time to learn, but conversely - try K&M. You'll be utter s**t to begin with, but once it clicks - the delicacy of movement you can achieve is second-to-none.

More so where you have a DPI increase button on the side of many mice which you can set to the scoping action. The movement rate immediately drops through the scope, making headshots even easier than they are normally with a K&M.

The frustration that you'll have from then, is when lazy developers make a game that solely gamepad focused. Want to remap that key elsewhere? No chance!