ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

french car show convoy on the day.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
just wandering who is travelling up on the day. ive got my ticket but probably wont be camping so it looks like i'll be travelling early morning. does anybody fancy meeting up at bishops stortford services then convoying down.

J8, M11
Birchanger Green Welcome Break Service Area
Bishop's Stortford
CM23 5QZ

6:00am

that way there is a bit of extra time if people are running late, etc.

who's up for it? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
just wandering who is travelling up on the day. ive got my ticket but probably wont be camping so it looks like i'll be travelling early morning. does anybody fancy meeting up at bishops stortford services then convoying down.

J8, M11
Bishop's Stortford
CM23 5QZ

5:00am

who's up for it?

1. Dr Jekyll
2. One in a million
3. Italian_Job

SG9 Forester STi
The old format was to have one meet at Dartford and the other at Lakeside 15mins later so the kent/essex lot could convoy together. I'm happy with whatever though, just enjoy the convoy :)

CLIO PH1 172
yea it worked out well last year imo with the meeting points dartford and lakeside iirc there was a couple of people that met along the way as well.

im easy though?!?!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
its in the other direction to me so it would seem silly for me to double track but im defo up for meeting on route. did last years route hit the m11 stansted way?

SG9 Forester STi
I can't remember the route 100% as I just followed whoever was in front lol. Adam was it you who sat nav'd us down the whole way last year?

Milltek'd clio 182
well i will still meet you mark at the location you said, and then we can wait for other arrivals and then hopefully it will be a good little run down.

CLIO PH1 172
no it wasnt me that sat naved us up there.
All I remember was meeting at Dartford services, driving over to lakeside mcDs then following a loads of clios up there very early in the morning.

just had a look on google and its about 2 hours up the m11 (from dartford service station)

what time do people think we should get to cockinham ?

SG9 Forester STi
Lol, hoping to get there for around 7am. Sorted things out last night and will get a thread up shortly.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i may have to join this thread now im thinking :(

ive been told if youre on a show stand/club stand, you need to be at the show stupidly early!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Since when? That's what's always said but last year people rolled up at all sorts of silly times and still made it to the CS stand.

I'm leaving here about 9 mate, wanna drive up together?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ill email the guy from FCS in the morning and get a definate answer!!

ill be up for cruising up there together, but 9am?? once you add the ques to get in, you might be pushing it a bit late to get on the parade lap?!

I'm free next weekend now so may make an appearance if tickets are still available.... Have people confirmed a definite meet time and location as I'll probably join the convoy and drive it all in the day :)

Also just realised how early the 5am meet suggestion is DR J!! Surely it won't take too long from Bishops Stortford to Rockingham at that time in the morning?!

SG9 Forester STi
You'd be surprised, by the time you queue at rockingham you're likely to get into the show between 7-7.30am.

That's the times we've arrived each year anyway :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

J8, M11
Bishop's Stortford
CM23 5QZ

5:00am

who's up for it?

1. Dr Jekyll
2. One in a million
3. Italian_Job
4. Wick

CLIO PH1 172
if anybody wants to meet more south than this first. let me know. but 5.00 from j8 is waaaay early imo, im sure we left dartford at around 6 last year?

if anybody wants to meet more south than this first. let me know. but 5.00 from j8 is waaaay early imo, im sure we left dartford at around 6 last year?

5 is frickin' early!! That said... I'll go with the masses. I'm in Sidcup Adam and OIAM is in Orpington if that's any good for you?

Milltek'd clio 182
sam aka wick, send us your mob number, an were sort something out, so we can roll down to harlow way together, up to you fella

SG9 Forester STi
Adam, on my mobile ATM so can't whack it up. Going to put a dartford and lakeside meeting point up to join on with the stansted guys.

Mark, does your meeting point have anywhere for food. If so then anyone meeting at the dartford and lakeside points can
come have some breakfast and meet those going to stansted.

172DAL

Would any body be able to tell me how much it is to pay at the gate please? :approve: