ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
really really like that exhaust its the one thing i dislike about jap cars and thats spot on.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb mate.

We're very open minded petrol heads most of the time and you clearly have taste (the exhaust shows) so you'll fit in well!

Crazy miles on the Clio, obviously you bought the worst colour ever invented though. :eek:

Keeps us updated.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think people need to bear in mind that it's still a huge 'Jap can' (cringe), just with the tip turned down. I'm guessing it's still a 4" exit?

There's no doubt it looks good, but it's not really any different to the usual systems, bar the tip.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It looks quite small, JDM.

Infact the Yozza 182 tailpipes look bigger!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Actually you'd be supprised just how quiet it is for a full 3" system. Noise was my total prerequiste for the system. Aswell as the rear 7" round silencer there is a 5x7" oval centre silencer. The whole system is made from thinwall 321 stainless and the only join being a single v-band.

The end result was 91.5dB static and 89dB drive by. The system has lost a lot of the trademark Subaru flat 4 beat due to the use of almost equal length tubular headers. It retains the burble at below 2K rpm. Thereafter it becomes an almost Superbike style howl. Its pretty intoxincating to be honest.

The new setup consists of the same stainless tubular manifold and rear system. However the up and downpipes with wastegate routing have been made in Inconel.

I have an old video somewhere I'll post up of the sound of the car @ 400bhp level pre engine build.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up the Clio last night guys.

First impressions are very very good and im suitably impressed. Looking forward to getting out for a proper drive.

Im like a kid at christmas at the moment :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Well guys here she is.

The day I picked her up. 100% stock 182

Excuse the cak phone images. I'll get some proper ones once shes had a clean and i can get out in the sunshine. I wasnt 100% on the colour before i picked it up. But now im quite smitten on it. Still feels and smells like a brand new car, the rear seats have literally never been sat in. Even the door sills still have the protective plastic on them.

:)

photocl2.jpg

photocl1.jpg

photocl.jpg

clio1823.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Stunning machine, mate. My mate has a 570bhp P1 and it's pretty much a coffin on wheels. The acceleration and speed all the way past the needle rest is neck snapping. My own P1 was 380bhp and like sh*t off a very shiny shovel, but his is incredible. All done by Scoobyclinic and RCM.

Love the exhaust on yours, too. Very different :cool:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning machine, mate. My mate has a 570bhp P1 and it's pretty much a coffin on wheels. The acceleration and speed all the way past the needle rest is neck snapping. My own P1 was 380bhp and like sh*t off a very shiny shovel, but his is incredible. All done by Scoobyclinic and RCM.

Love the exhaust on yours, too. Very different :cool:

You mean Marty?

If so then that car is now running approx 630bhp :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

I can't even imagine how quick that feels, mate. My mate's P1 is completely standard and is certainly no slouch!

The 182 looks mint Frayz even for an Inferno.

;)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Having some greif with the twisted doenpipe that was made so that needs remaking. Done a few more little odds and sods jobs but till the downpipe is remade i cant do too much. Once thats done, both that and the uppipe can either be wrapped or go fer ceramic coating. I cant bolt the engine in on its mounts properly yet till the uppipe is done.

So here i sit and wait :D

Detailed the 182 today instead :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
More stuff arriving all the time... my postman must be getting pissed off with me by now. This was todays little bundle :D

oilcooler7.jpg

Oil cooler bolted up now with a slightly revised duct to aid ease of fitment. Just gotta plumb this up now :)

oilcooler1.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Oil cooler plumbed in. I'll clip up the lines when the rad gets its final fitting.
e932d658.jpg

28907766.jpg

3603adc1.jpg

Also finally have a downpipe that fits. She dont look much but ive been on hold for this since dropping the motor back in.
So we're back in business, hopefully the homeward run now :)
c7e6836c.jpg