ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys/gals

Reasonably new here, im picking up my new daily drive on Monday. Its a 55 plate cup packed FF182. Its in that funny Inferno colour and has only 7k genuine miles on.

This will be my first Clio (or any french car for that matter) and to say im excited about it is an understantement lol. Seemingly the performance hatch benchmark, the 182 was the obvious choice. Ive been daily driving a Transit Connect for the last 2 years so im expecting the RS Clio to feel like a spaceship! :eek:

However im no stanger to this car tuning lark and have been heavy in the Impreza scene for the last 6 years. Here are a few pics and spec of my current project for those that may be intersted.

Ive owned the car for 6 years now, first 4 of them were fast road and track with numerous trips around Europe and the Nurburgring. It was standard when i started and slowly wound it up to circa 400bhp on its stock 2ltr motor.

However i got bored of that, and being an engine builder by trade, decide to build a new motor for it.

New motor is based around the larger 2.5ltr unit and will be fed via a Garrett GT3582R. Target is 500bhp+ on pumpfuel and 550-600bhp on methanol.

Here are some photos of where im at currently.

frayzWO.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

Wash4508076.jpg

WB5.jpg

WB16.jpg

WB14.jpg

lifeline9.jpg

TialGt35R3.jpg

T-logic16.jpg

manifoldon44.jpg

manifoldon40.jpg

This is just scratching the surface of the project for me really, so if anyone is interested in the whole build so far it can be found here...
http://passionford.com/forum/restor...385-t26-wrc-frayzs-550-bhp-impreza-build.html

I can update this from now on if you guys want.

Thanks for reading

Frayz ;)

Cupra
Sexy engine, and probably an amazing noise. I love the flat four burble.

Why did you use a bug eye as a basis?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest Andy, its a Prodrive Edition bugeye Version 7STi.
So they look a bit different to the normal bugeyes. Im one of those weirdos that actually like the way it looks because its ugly.

Bang for buck its tough to beat and was what i wanted at the time, although i still love it now :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Bodge,

Its 3.5" turned down to try and keep noise as low as possible.
Custom built turbo back system from Simpson Race Exhausts. 3" front to back and still only 91.5dB static.

I cant stand all the stupid rocket launchers you see hanging off JDM cars. They look rediculous and do nothing to help you avoid the black flag on track lol :)

Astra Twintop
Cheers Bodge,

Its 3.5" turned down to try and keep noise as low as possible.
Custom built turbo back system from Simpson Race Exhausts. 3" front to back and still only 91.5dB static.

I cant stand all the stupid rocket launchers you see hanging off JDM cars. They look rediculous and do nothing to help you avoid the black flag on track lol :)

That seems to be the usual stereo type with Japanese cars. (I admit, I am tempted with mine!!)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
looks good man, will be an interesting read.. also love that stealth exhaust so nice to see somthing different

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, thanks for all the props guys. All comments very much appreciated.
I must admit, I didn't expect such a positive response to my fettled japbox on a Clio forum.

Will be interesting to see how the Clio compares to driving the big power force fed 4 wheeler.
For now I'm telling myself that the Clio will be staying standard... Ish :)

Haha :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, thanks for all the props guys. All comments very much appreciated.
I must admit, I didn't expect such a positive response to my fettled japbox on a Clio forum.

Will be interesting to see how the Clio compares to driving the big power force fed 4 wheeler.
For now I'm telling myself that the Clio will be staying standard... Ish :)

Haha :)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
really like that, clean and stealthy. standard, nahhh come to the dark side and start tuning the french tin can, they really come alive then

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, i really dont see the point of attempting to tune the 182 anymore than it already is. At the very most, just optimise its chassis as it is for use on the road.
Its going to be my sole car for everyday use. I have the Impreza for track and serious hooning about. The Clio needs to be sensible.

Besides, its a 7k mile minter so I dont want to ruin it either lol. :)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looks great mate, always fan of a nicely done impreza interesting with the exhaust i quite like that! hope you enjoy the clio great wee cars!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Yeah, its been a long time coming Jordi. The jap tuning is expensive lol.

Ye too true mate subaru = $$ lol. Being a member of sn I've kept looking at the thread now and again, the Impreza is track only now? Occassional road use?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Ye too true mate subaru = $$ lol. Being a member of sn I've kept looking at the thread now and again, the Impreza is track only now? Occassional road use?

No mate its still and always will be a road car that I take to the track as opposed to vise versa. Its just in reality too much and too expensive to run regularly on the road. It was lively with 400bhp. So should be even more entertaining now. The Clio is cheap thrills :)