ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
DEI wrap arrived today so took the turbo/uppipe back out and got these wraped up. Gave the wastgate pipe and extra layer of Kevlar to help protect the steering UJ.
564c0fb3.jpg

65da0752.jpg

Got the steering rack to swap when the bushes arrive and i'll get these droped back in and clamped up tight :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
The engine looks pretty cool. I like the pulleys a lot. Did you buy them that colour if did you get them anodised?

Why did you heat wrap the exhaust downpipe thingy when you could have got it coated like you have with the big red bit on top of the engine?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Pullies were purchased like that. The exhaust is wrapped for thermal efficiency. This is to both keep the heat in the system and to stop heat radiating into the engine bay and surrounding components. The coating on the intake manifold is just Powdercoat. It's there only for aesthetics and corrosion resistance.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cracking updates.. FLOL at 2.2 turns lock2lock !

Saw Stu last night (53WRX) .. said he'd been to see you ! Looks like you've been up to no good haha. When do I get to see this ridiculous bus ? :approve:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking updates.. FLOL at 2.2 turns lock2lock !

Saw Stu last night (53WRX) .. said he'd been to see you ! Looks like you've been up to no good haha. When do I get to see this ridiculous bus ? :approve:

Yeah, Stu dropped by. Steering rack feels much nicer now lol. Build will be done before the year is out so i'll drop you a PM when it will be in the work carpark as i'll be running it in as soon as i can.

Epic project! :)

Looking like a brilliant build this.....

Many thanks guys :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Collected some parts from the powdercoaters tonight including my fuel cradle and swirl pot. I think they've come out pretty nice. Hopefully pick up some fittings tomorrow that I've been waiting on, and then I can crack on some more.

e287ecce.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice.

Stu's been roped in (OK, I volunteered him) to help me fit my ARBs and possibly swap the brakes over next week .. he's also (THE b*****d) told me that it'll run 280HP happily without melting the 'box....

Damn him.......

I feel upgrades coming soon :eek:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Pump/filter setup complete. Waiting on some fittings at the mo as the black stuff is special order only. Then this lot will go in. Swirl pot is in and ready to go now too.
5da49f72.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got the last of my fittings guys, so the fuel system plumbing is complete, and all Nomex covered.
Still have to do the wiring for the 2nd pump but thats not a worry.
Also refreshed my vehicle loom and added the plug for the Syvecs ACT sensor. However, i got to the last lot of wires and ran out of braided sleeve, :lol1: so ive ordered some more :)
Starting to take shape now and the "to do" list is getting ever smaller :)
c443702f.jpg

9fa7e43f.jpg

067c4483.jpg

340bca5a.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand half of what you're on about :eek: but that looks great and very professional.

172 Cup, R34 GTR
Frayz,

Was good to see this the other week with Ross.

The quality of the work on this car is amazing!!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Late nights are paying off guys.
Wiring complete, plugs updated and heat protected where required, various brackets made and parts mounted including boost control solenoid, MAP sensor and A/C pump now back in situe.
Just waiting to get my turbo back and we can make the last boost hose, do the oil separator and get the final parts off to powdercoat.
Getting there :)
Iphonephotos109.jpg

firstaugust11.jpg

firstaugust112.jpg

firstaugust115straight.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
gm 3 bar sensor?? how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking??

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Malace.

I don't yet know is the honest answer. It was supplied to me along with the other Syvecs sensors by my mapping guy. I haven't had my bill as yet lol.
If you want one. He has them. Simon Roe at Jolly Green Monster Ltd.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cool, i can get them too but prices seem to fluctuate so much it seems stupid lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dont powder coat the intercooler... they don't perform as well! you can mask it and powder coat the tanks etc but not the fins as they stop it working as well...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Most coolers are powdercoated as standard mate. Lots of high performance as well as OEM coolers are powdercoated as standard. Its fin so long as you use a low build powder such as satin black.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hnmmm mine isn't, nor is any greddy, blitz, pan speed etc cooler i have seen?? we are talking intercooler right??? if so i have never seen a powder coated intercooler on any car... painted yes, powder coated no...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
APS coolers come powdercoated, as do ones from Perrin and the stealth range from Pro Alloy. Most OEM coolers are black powdercoated when black from the factory.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Having spoken with some intercooler engineers today at work it would appear I'm wrong. The OEM ones are not powdercoated, nor are they actually painted. It's a process that's somewhere in the middle. However I know that the APS and Pro Alloy are powdercoated.
So with that in mind I think I'm just going to rub it back and dust it on some satin black paint and see how I get on.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i know one of the guys in the hks drag series made a post about a powder coating intercoolers and said it made a pretty big bad difference to the actual cooling ability :/ its a shame as there are some cool powder finishes you can get :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Whoops...
There was no way i could bring myself to bolt up the bumper with the intercoolers paint finish annoying me.
This was taken earlier when i started, it was dark by time id finished. The whole core is back to bare metal now. Hopefully if the weather holds, tomorrow i might get some etch primer on it.
73b7f2df.jpg