ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 8

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bro do you even Fujimi Kaido? :cool:

Really is a mega game, I still have a 360 as there are a few games including this that aren't back compatible annoyingly!
Just dropping this here. Bit of a faff to set up initially but I've now got it running perfectly at 100+ fps and it's just as good as ever 👌

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-19 at 15.29.56.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-19 at 15.46.13.jpeg

Forza 4 has never looked or felt better tbh

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, peak Forza. I don’t think that’s rose tinted glasses either, it was just the best.
Had some proper good times on it, back in the old days when all my mates hadn't had kids and you could get away with sitting for hours each night pissing about on it

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Downloaded this through game pass to try, felt okay on controller in the living room and seemed to work pretty well on my Fanatec from whenever Forza 4 came out.

Keep wondering if we should just all pile onto it for a race every now and then with it being fairly accessible.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Downloaded this through game pass to try, felt okay on controller in the living room and seemed to work pretty well on my Fanatec from whenever Forza 4 came out.

Keep wondering if we should just all pile onto it for a race every now and then with it being fairly accessible.
I don’t think custom lobbies are a thing in FM8 if that is what you are after?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
You can still have a custom/private lobby in this game. (y)

I've not played this for weeks actually, shame.

Ah I thought I read differently. Thanks!

Im the same, haven’t played since well before Xmas. Don’t really have a desire to either to be honest.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the car leveling really ruins the game especially for a casual player that just wants to jump on and upgrade a car now you have to drive it for an hour+ until you can do what you want with it.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Yeah the car leveling really ruins the game especially for a casual player that just wants to jump on and upgrade a car now you have to drive it for an hour+ until you can do what you want with it.
They should have stuck to the old format, or at least done it by brand instead of per model.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
They should have stuck to the old format, or at least done it by brand instead of per model.

Yeah I see what they was trying to do but in practice it's terrible. Probably put a lot of potential new players off too sadly. I agree that it should have been either the old format with using money etc or at least do it per manufacturer.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
This

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
It looks like you can "rent" any car but won't get XP unless you own it. (y)

Can't tune rented ones. There are 24 spaces in the server! I'd recommend downloading through xbox/pc game pass if you don't already have the game. This may well be short lived! 😆

Friday 19th 20:30 til ????
1. Jonnio

Last edited:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

Can't tune rented ones. There are 24 spaces in the server! I'd recommend downloading through xbox/pc game pass if you don't already have the game. This may well be short lived! 😆

1. Jonnio

Just found that you can invite 5 people to game pass for a 14 day trial. I've got 4 left if anyone wants one.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

1. Jonnio

1. jonnio
2. Cub.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The wording still sounds a little bit concerning but hopefully it's going down the right track although sadly for a lot of people might be too late.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've hardly played this one and played the others to death. With the car progression thing and the way the online races have the practice time etc is boring. There should be an option to just hop into a lobby and get straight into racing like before.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Just got an update for it downloading, need to figure out how I'm getting my mic to the steering wheel in a bit. 🤔

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Was good fun! Also need some shitter players to join so I've got someone to race at the back. Need to figure out why I could barely set off in 75% of the cars we picked, that would help a bit. 😆

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Was good fun! Also need some shitter players to join so I've got someone to race at the back. Need to figure out why I could barely set off in 75% of the cars we picked, that would help a bit. 😆

View attachment 1676896

It was good fun indeed 🤣

Made a nice change from the tension / frustration of WZ 🥹

I was somewhat mystified by the dynamics of a fwd track focused r26r managing a 4 wheel drift, but I’ll take it 🤣

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So I just setup a game pass membership and download this for free right?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've got this downloaded but I'll wait until I've got an Xbox controller before I play as it's a nightmare trying to get a PS5 controller to work on PC.

For the introductory race I had to drive a Zonda using W A S D :ROFLMAO:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Nearly got a Skyline to level 30 just doing Rivals time trials all night. Definitely more of a slog than it should be to get those car points.

Gonna try setting it up for A/S class as @Adamm. suggested.