ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 5

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Apparently "Officially announced as a launch title for the new XBox console" (I'm trying to find a link to this news, as I'm going off rumours, but they obviously got the 'official' tag from somewhere). It will have "Super life-like graphics". Super life-like. Not just life-like :clown:

Guess we'll find out on the 21st May at the Microsoft unveil.

Clio
Is super life like better than real life? So one day we will all buy glasses so when we walk round it makes real life look more real?

Evo 5 RS
The fact they've said it'll look super life like just makes you think it's b****cks. Then again they said the same thing about GT5. We're not anywhere near life like yet

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The fact they've said it'll look super life like just makes you think it's b****cks. Then again they said the same thing about GT5. We're not anywhere near life like yet

Indeed. No game or system can offer that, IMO. You always know what's real and what's CGI.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Can not wait for the release of this! Put over 500 hours into FM4 now and could do with some more tracks and cars and maybe a few new features.

Tbh as for FM5 I think they should just stick to basics for the next one pretty much like FM4 but with tons more tracks and cars would be win. Go mad on FM6 as by then they will know where to push the limits with the new console.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm not actually sure it'll be released on the 360 either, TBH. Rumours are it's a next gen release only, which will upset many.

They'd be mad to limit it, though.

Titanium 182
I'm not actually sure it'll be released on the 360 either, TBH. Rumours are it's a next gen release only, which will upset many.

They'd be mad to limit it, though.
Nah, they'd be hobbled by the hardware - let them free on the next Xbox and it'll be a better game because of it.

Is super life like better than real life? So one day we will all buy glasses so when we walk round it makes real life look more real?

Reminds me of a Advert on TV when I was up my nans.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU7JgIiqIJmJpUx3ONccKlRdMtgR7IGz_-5hNP83RXM7dar8gyWw.jpg

OT: F U Microsoft for not doing it on PC!

Evo 5 RS
I'd be shocked if they announced it for anything other than next gen. Doesn't make any sense to release a launch title that's also available on the 360.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I just wish they would release the 172/182 in the next one. That would be awesome. Being an old renault, probably never going to happen :)

Yup. But it's not supercar or iconic enough to be considered. TBH with the spec of the console a game like this should have every car in the world. Even the Clio Williams and Nova GSi.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
TBH with the spec of the console a game like this should have every car in the world. Even the Clio Williams and Nova GSi.

Yes Yes YES!! If only they would do this. There's many many cars I would love to see in the next forza but it wont happen sadly :(.

Plus chaps forza is worth buying an xbox for alone! ;)

Focus ST170
The Clio Williams was on the forza/jalopnic list of cars to add and sadly lost out to a few other cars. But if it was important enough to make it onto a primarily American quoted list then there's hope yet. FM4 was at bout 750ish cars with all dlc packs so FM5 1000+ cars maybe?
J

Wonder if they'll add new track and cars or just follow on their current trend of removing cars and tracks from previous games then selling them on as DLC later along the line.

Looking forward to seeing it, but won't be looking to get next gen for a fair old while.

SQ5
I think they will have to have new tracks as all tracks will need to be remapped, Silverstone will need to be changed too.

Anyone who thinks this is going to be on the 360 must be loopy.

Forza shifts consoles, it's a huge deal for MS and with the Forza release schedule tying up to land at anticipated launch of the 360 replacement they'd be mental not to have it as a launch title to get their boxes under TV's. Sony have dropped the ball since the PS2 imo, they should have focused their efforts on getting GT's failings sorted and aimed GT6 for PS4 launch, instead it's coming on the PS3, will no doubt be a spit and polish update of GT5 suffering a lot of the same issues and we'll see GT6 in about 5 years time, by which point even the most blinkered PS/GT fanboys will be losing patience.

As for Forza 5 I'm hoping for more tracks, better lighting and textures, some of the older/poor car models improved massively, active day/night cycles, weather, further improved physics, better damage modelling, open wheelers (be it formula ford type cars, atom/caterham etc or all of the above) some more gameplay options such as having quali sessions, open pitlane online trackday type events. Better choice of wheels/offsets/fitment, bodykits, better paint/livery editor and more cult/retro cars that have missed the franchise so far like the original mini etc. Plus no doubt a bunch of other things I've not thought to mention.

Forza is far from perfect but it's considerably better than GT if the last two offerings are anything to go by. I just hope they keep the NFS physics and gameplay for Horizon and keep Motorsport as a more sim experience.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Open wheelers is a massive want of mine. 600+ bhp caterham yes please. My 700+ bhp 2eleven just isn't cutting it anymore lol.

Also turkish I believe this was the idea of horizon was to break the market so they can concentrate more on FM5 for serious gamers. Could mean some good news for us :).

Fabia VRS & Yeti
White wheels needed this time!
Looking forward to hearing more on this!
This will make GT6 seem a nonsense.

Clio
Yup. But it's not supercar or iconic enough to be considered. TBH with the spec of the console a game like this should have every car in the world. Even the Clio Williams and Nova GSi.

Any game that has the AX GT will go down in history as ground breaking.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You can even see the detail in the paint. :cool: Looking good

Yep can even see the fleck in the paint! Also the tyre wit the chunks of rubber flying off and you can see the wear.

That reminds me with fm5 I want to see more realistic fuel consumption and tyre wear. There's hardly any need for pit stops in fm4 unless you damage the engine.