ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
No you don't. Just save the replays, Forza 3 allows you to upload clips to their website which you can then import into whatever editing software you use and cut/add music/effects etc.

That sounds good. Post production/editing was what I studied at college:cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Regarding that video I posted above, check out this guys comment :

3 problems
1) Major bug: Most of what's in the tunnel should be shadowed but the moment the white car in front enters the tunnel it lights up like a christmas tree as if the wall on the right simply isn't there. Even the left of the car is bright. What's worse, the interior of the car being driven lights up as well. Apart from the shading inconsistencies on the interior (A-pillar, dash, visor, all light up with differing intentities in a way that doesnt make sense,ie., indirect lighting wouldn't cause it), walls and pillars should be casting shadows on the car. Perhaps this video is from an early build.

2) Minor bug: Shadows on interior geometry don't line up correctly. Not the end of the world. Not sure they'll bother fixing this one.

3) Artistic: Procedurally generated rocks need variety and less saturated colors. This is supposed to be a sim, not some super-saturated cartoon wonderland like Mario or Halo.

On the plus side the windows on buildings appear to be reflective (although what it reflects is sometimes a bit odd) and the sense of speed is excellent. I would prefer a slightly better field of view but I can accept that technical challenges prevent certain things. After all, they couldn't even find a way to squeeze in gear change animations.

PMSL. Fussy b*stard!

lol, that's minor nit picking compared to some I've seen. Look on the GT forums and you'll notice them pulling Forza apart on any picture/clip they get hold of. Likewise the Forza lot do the same with GT clips/pics.

Only thing that irritated me was the fact that the cars dont appear plunged into darkness in tunells the shadow/reflections on the bodies of the car don't match the ambient light levels. Certainly wont bother me when playing though as I don't use chase cam.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Some people are never happy!!!!
There's a 10 page thread on Forzacentral about the inaccuracies of the F40 model FFS get a grip!
I have already brought this fact to light after they nearly shed tears because rear wings weren't going to move up and down!

I can sort of see their sentiment in as much as you'd expect things to be bang on when you've got Greenawalt banding the word definitive about. But you're dealing with numerous different companies with no doubt varying qualities of source material, in numerous countries and having to get a number of cars done to a deadline. There are always going to be imperfections. Hopefully as the series continues niggles like that will slowly disappear. I'd sooner take 400 + cars, awesome physics engine and 115+ tracks with a few silly niggles than have everything perfect and lose around 50% of the content as a trade off.

White Sti Hatch
Considering getting myself a wheel for this any one point me to a good one ? also would need a stand for it without a chair though !

The Bus and MRT
Serious :eek:

Glad I asked now as I'd have missed it. I'll need to renew my Gold to download it won't I?

Nope Gareth is right, you only need gold membership for playing online... so you'll need it when the full game is out for all the CS online session :cool: